Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ.com: No Booze for You!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    To those going to the game here is a tip to sneak in alcohol.

Pour hard alcohol out of the bottle into a zip lock bag (about 8 ounces or so, dont fill the bag), then put it into you jacket pocket. When security pats you down, the bag will blend in with your pocket and feel like there is nothing there.

Then when you get inside buy a large coke and dump the contents of your bag into the cup.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This does not effect me because Ive never bought beer in the stadium because I get so loaded before the game and always manage to sneak a flask of jameson Inside every home game anyway. just means drink up jet fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3427205]The Jets announced Wednesday that there will be no alcohol served at Sunday night's game against the Bengals at the Meadowlands.
    Team spokesman Bruce Speight said the team makes the decision on a game-by-game basis and arrived at this decision after consulting with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
    Speight said the decision was made, in part, because it's a night game, it's the final game of the season and it's the last game at Giants Stadium and there were concerns about fan behavior.

And who said it was all about the money???

This is clearly something done with safety and organization in mind, trumping any financial incentives.[/QUOTE]

I think its more like in the past, night games have been so cold that when there is stuff to light on fire, my section in particular has decided to make bonfires out of whatever the handout was and towels just don't burn that fast.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been going to see NFL games since 1970 and it's a bit sad to see the game become so class based. PSLs, VIP parking, Club Seats. I'm sure the booze will be flowing freely all night in the suites.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3427500]To those going to the game here is a tip to sneak in alcohol.

Pour hard alcohol out of the bottle into a zip lock bag (about 8 ounces or so, dont fill the bag), then put it into you jacket pocket. When security pats you down, the bag will blend in with your pocket and feel like there is nothing there.

Then when you get inside buy a large coke and dump the contents of your bag into the cup.[/QUOTE]

gingerale bottle= beer

what do u mean beer doesn't have a head to it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3427221]Don't forget the perception of a national audiance!!!!!!! Was in attendence years ago for the Cam. Soup painters cap give-away and the fires in the upper deck. This game if memory serves me was the game that started a ban on alcohol sales at night games in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

your welcome

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3427239]I think Pats fans started the ban.[/QUOTE]

Patriot Santa 5 or 6 years ago was so loaded he rolled down 8 rows before he stopped.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    shocked to hear this. As for the JI'er who said they should ban alcohol in the lots too, security cant even stop the dozens of guys walking around selling bootleg hats/shirts/gloves out of thier sweatshirts, how are they going to stop THOUSANDS from drinking??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427209]Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because of the few knuckleheads that get out of control.[/QUOTE]They haven't sold beer at night games due to the fallout from the horrendous story of a few yrs ago. A Giants fan drank an ungodly amount of alcohol before and during the game and proceeeded to kill a young woman on the way home. The vending company, which sold him >15 beers 2 at a time, was successfully sued. If it prevents incidents like this I'll gladly do without the one or two brews I'd normally drink in the stadium.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-31-2009 at 01:03 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. This will prevent me from buying a beer or two in the stadium and I'll save my 10 or 20 bucks. My $5 6-pack I will have in the parking lot is much friendlier to my wallet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3427578]They haven't sold beer at night games due to the fallout from the horrendous story of a few yrs ago. A Giants fan drank an ungodly amount of alcohol before and during the game and proceeeded to kill a young woman on the way home. The vending company, which sold him >15 beers 2 at a time, was successfully sued. If it prevents incidents like this I'll gladly do without the one or two brews I'd normally drink in the stadium.[/QUOTE]

They stopped selling beer after the pumpkin game at night. They've allowed it again over the past few years. For this game (and games like the KC game two years ago) they decided not to sell on a case by case basis.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    People are going to try to rip the place apart sober, imagine the mess it will be with thousands of drunks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    so basically get to the parking lot extra early and get into the stadium extra wasted :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three cheers for the Jets. Very good idea. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3427578]They haven't sold beer at night games due to the fallout from the horrendous story of a few yrs ago. A Giants fan drank an ungodly amount of alcohol before and during the game and proceeeded to kill a young woman on the way home. The vending company, which sold him >15 beers 2 at a time, was successfully sued. If it prevents incidents like this I'll gladly do without the one or two brews I'd normally drink in the stadium.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that is rediculous. No one is putting a gun to the guys head and maked him buy 15 beers. What happened to taking responsibility? The guy got drunk and hit someone. Throw his ass in jail, but dont blame everyone else for what he did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What this means is:

A. Probably going to be a few extra seats (sorry, but that's just reality, some people really are pathetic alcoholics).

B. More empty cans, more beer being drank in the parking lot.

This is great though, because it is a safe thing to do, and we all won't have to be getting up and down 47 times, now it will just be around 20, which is a lot nicer.

I'm no angel, I like to have a few beers in the parking lot, but never do I get drunk and hardly ever do I get tipsy. I don't even think I will drink at this game, other than when we play a little beer pong. This is too big a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3427653]so basically get to the parking lot extra early and get into the stadium extra wasted :yes:[/QUOTE]

Can't get into the parking lot any earlier than 3:30.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3427218]Gonna be about 30,000 extra towels now. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Nah, they'll be sipping out of their towels. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec124;3427694]Can't get into the parking lot any earlier than 3:30.[/QUOTE]

thats the beauty of taking the train to the game...the tailgate starts an extra hour earlier lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3427530]I've been going to see NFL games since 1970 and it's a bit sad to see the game become so class based. PSLs, VIP parking, Club Seats. [B]I'm sure the booze will be flowing freely all night in the suites[/B].[/QUOTE]
    I'd bet that is true also...

Interesting decision by the Jets, I wonder if the snowball barage at the Atlanta game had anything to do with it, along with the fact that NBC moved it to prime time ensuring a different than usual crowd I would guess.

I might have to try out the flask I got for Christmas...:cool: