Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ.com: No Booze for You!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec124;3427689]What this means is:

A. Probably going to be a few extra seats (sorry, but that's just reality, some people really are pathetic alcoholics).

B. More empty cans, more beer being drank in the parking lot.

This is great though, because it is a safe thing to do, and we all won't have to be getting up and down 47 times, now it will just be around 20, which is a lot nicer.

I'm no angel, I like to have a few beers in the parking lot, but never do I get drunk and hardly ever do I get tipsy. I don't even think I will drink at this game, other than when we play a little beer pong. This is too big a game.[/QUOTE]

all New York Famous Jet Fans can still make it sound like The Beatles at Shea stadium!!! (1965) nothing ever as emotional before or sence

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's only 9:30, I imagine most of the angry drunks haven't gotten up from their blackouts yet.

But when they do, there will be plenty of outrage here!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3427737]It's only 9:30, I imagine most of the angry drunks haven't gotten up from their blackouts yet.

But when they do, there will be plenty of outrage here![/QUOTE]
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427209]Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because of the few knuckleheads that get out of control.[/QUOTE]

A few knuckleheads? If it was actually a few it would be no big deal. Unfortunately it is far too many.

I have been hoping for some time that this new stadium and the higher prices will wipe out the waste that shows up at these games. Some people try to say they are the real fans but it's a freaking joke to even consider that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I just feel bad that they cut those beer stand chicks out of one last payday
    and opportunity to banter again with their favorite slobbering regulars.

Yet the kid standing at the cookie/brownie stand that no one goes to will make out.

But, its not about me.

:mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3427679]I'm sorry but that is rediculous. No one is putting a gun to the guys head and maked him buy 15 beers. What happened to taking responsibility? The guy got drunk and hit someone. Throw his ass in jail, but dont blame everyone else for what he did.[/QUOTE]There are folks who get completely stupified on alcohol. They are beyond responsibility. To me it's a minor inconvenience to prevent those who can't or won't control themselves from hurting others.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    terrific decision by NJSEA imo.

you want to go there to watch a defacto playoff game, welcome

you want to go there to get sloshed, spill beer and vomit on others, stay the F home

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3427763]There are folks who get completely stupified on alcohol. They are beyond responsibility. To me it's a minor inconvenience to prevent those who can't or won't control themselves from hurting others.[/QUOTE]

It is not fair to punish everyone for what a few people do. In this case, everyone at the game is punished because of what one Giants fan did a few years ago.

Should the stadium stop serving sausages if a 600 pound man eats one and has a heart attack?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    people who eat sausages do not curse, get into fights with other fans, spill beer all over others or vomit in the aisles

great decision banning beer sales.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3427783][B]people who eat sausages[/B] do not curse, get into fights with other fans, spill beer all over others or vomit in the aisles

great decision banning beer sales.[/QUOTE]

there are idiots in every group...that includes people of all sexual orientations. You are over-generalizing.
    Last edited by crasherino; 12-31-2009 at 11:15 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    my 2 cents
    first let me say that when I go to a game I drink also, both before and during a game. i do this at home too (remember my dogfish post?), except at a game i am careful about my intake.

1) it's not 'a few knuckleheads'. close to 25% of the fans i bet act this way
    2) no more beer in the stadium......should be permanent. it's come to that. they get so much revenue from other sources (i.e. naming rights....) just sell naming rights to 'each section' of the stands to make up for it. surprised someone else hadn't thought of that before me (or had they?)
    3) institute a POLICE ENFORCED no-alcohol policy at tailgates. this too has gotten out of control and absolutely contributes more to the amount of drunken idiots at the game simply due to the prohibitive cost of buying what they are selling inside. 90% of you will say this is sacrilege because your game day party will somehow be ruined by the alcohol ban. in my opinion the tailgate is more about the food and comradery than how quickly you can all get ****faced.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3427493]best damn news I've heard yet about the game. You want to watch a football game, go and have a great time. You just want another excuse to get sloshed, stay the F home[/QUOTE]

You may have posted 2884 embarrassing, stupid, sick, and vapid posts, BUT I have to hand it to you this time. You are right on the mark. I guess it only goes to prove that old adage, that even a blind squirrel finds a nut..... :D

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Ban Alcohol for Final Game

Heads up to ALL who are going to the game:

[URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a0sh05v3aaDo"]http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a0sh05v3aaDo[/URL]

Good ... Bad - What do you think?

(No biggie for me, I'll be too f*ckn' cold to move let alone drink a beer!)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LMS_0920;3427806]Heads up to ALL who are going to the game:

[URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a0sh05v3aaDo"]http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a0sh05v3aaDo[/URL]

(No biggie for me, I'll be too f*ckn' cold to move let alone drink a beer!)[/QUOTE]

I think you're too lazy to read down 4 threads and realize this has been on the site for 24 hrs. Welcome to JI

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LMS_0920;3427806]Heads up to ALL who are going to the game:

(No biggie for me, I'll be too f*ckn' cold to move let alone drink a beer!)[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.cylegage.com/lulz/nowai.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    F Beers! Smoke weed!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew when I broke this one it would be big news, but this is going to be BIG NEWS come sunday...no booze at the final giants stadium game, wow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contrary to what many of you believe, this will actually make the crowd [I]worse[/I].

The "drunk slobs" are going to still get drunk, only much more so before the game now knowing they can't get any inside. Expect a lot of empty seats in the first quarter too, as many will hang back and continue to tailgate.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fan booze because Jets teams lose.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3427989]Contrary to what many of you believe, this will actually make the crowd [I]worse[/I].

The "drunk slobs" are going to still get drunk, only much more so before the game now knowing they can't get any inside. Expect a lot of empty seats in the first quarter too, as many will hang back and continue to tailgate.[/QUOTE]

well, then, those aren't fans; those are drunks who need more than just AA help.

For the fans who need a "Beer" to enjoy a Football game with the playoffs on the line...Those types of fans should just sell their ticket and watch the game @ a bar.