Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NJ.com: No Booze for You!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3428072]well, then, those aren't fans; those are drunks who need more than just AA help.

For the fans who need a "Beer" to enjoy a Football game with the playoffs on the line...Those types of fans should just sell their ticket and watch the game @ a bar.[/QUOTE]

Word.

Will you be catching the game with your homies in da crib?

Thats what I would do, boy howdy.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3427796]my 2 cents
    first let me say that when I go to a game I drink also, both before and during a game. i do this at home too (remember my dogfish post?), except at a game i am careful about my intake.

1) it's not 'a few knuckleheads'. close to 25% of the fans i bet act this way
    2) no more beer in the stadium......should be permanent. it's come to that. they get so much revenue from other sources (i.e. naming rights....) just sell naming rights to 'each section' of the stands to make up for it. surprised someone else hadn't thought of that before me (or had they?)
    3) institute a POLICE ENFORCED no-alcohol policy at tailgates. this too has gotten out of control and absolutely contributes more to the amount of drunken idiots at the game simply due to the prohibitive cost of buying what they are selling inside. 90% of you will say this is sacrilege because your game day party will somehow be ruined by the alcohol ban. in my opinion the tailgate is more about the food and comradery than how quickly you can all get ****faced.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they'll ever stop selling beer at games. Stadiums sell beers for around $7-$8 each when it costs them less than 15 cents to pour a beer. Not selling beer is basically throwing money away.

As for rule number 3, I cant agree with you there either. Alcohol is allowed in America if I am not mistaken. People are allowed to drink. At the end of the day people have to realize that they are going to a football game not an opera. People screem, yell, taunt, swear, cheer, etc... Thats how it is in every single stadium in the US. Are people supposed to sit on their hands at a game so as to not bother anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3427803]You may have posted 2884 embarrassing, stupid, sick, and vapid posts, BUT I have to hand it to you this time. You are right on the mark. I guess it only goes to prove that old adage, that even a blind squirrel finds a nut..... :D[/QUOTE]

It is an honor that my 2884 posts are considered embarrassing, stupid, sick and vapid by a retarded chowd troll such as you, Patsfagken...

Happy New Year

All Pro
    I don't NEED a beer to watch a football game, I WANT to drink a beer during a football game. Big difference.

All League

Question

Do they ban alcohol at 8PM Giants games at the Meadowlands?

Jets Insider VIP
    don't know

there are never going to be any more 8 PM Giant games at Giant Stadium

All League
    [QUOTE=Mario;3428081]I dont think they'll ever stop selling beer at games. Stadiums sell beers for around $7-$8 each when it costs them less than 15 cents to pour a beer. Not selling beer is basically throwing money away.

As for rule number 3, I cant agree with you there either. [B][I][U]Alcohol is allowed in America if I am not mistaken[/U][/I][/B]. People are allowed to drink. At the end of the day people have to realize that they are going to a football game not an opera. People screem, yell, taunt, swear, cheer, etc... Thats how it is in every single stadium in the US. A[B][I][U]re people supposed to sit on their hands at a game so as to not bother anyone?[/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

drinking is not allowed in public (cant drink on the beach). as far as the stadium and it's parking lot is concerned those are private property so the property owner has the right to dictate whether or not alcohol can be consumed on ther premises.

as far as sitting on ones hands or screaming and yelling, are you saying you can't do this SOBER, or is it a prerequisite to be drunk first?

stop making excuses. the drunkeness has gotten out of hand, or are you blind or never been to a game?
    Last edited by tedtedthefootballhead; 12-31-2009 at 02:11 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3428188]drinking is not allowed in public (cant drink on the beach). as far as the stadium and it's parking lot is concerned those are private property so the property owner has the right to dictate whether or not alcohol can be consumed on ther premises.

as far as sitting on ones hands or screaming and yelling, are you saying you can't do this SOBER, or is it a prerequisite to be drunk first?

stop making excuses. the drunkeness has gotten out of hand, or are you blind or never been to a game?[/QUOTE]

Yo can't drink on the beach in NY and Jersey? :eek:

Saves me $30 or so. I got a guy in front of me in 305 we call the "Sleeper". This guy always falls asleep in his seat at some point during the 1st Q, and he has been to about 5 of the games this year. Looking forward to a fun night Sunday...

Jets Insider VIP
    reminds me of the guy we call "Jack Ass" who sits 4 rows in front of me in 310. A former fireman, I believe, he arrives completely plastered and spends the whole game looking away from the field standing up, blocking everyone's view and demanding that everyone else stand up and make noise

generally when the Jets are on offense, of course

I've only been in that section this year but the longtimers tell me he used to be worse and has nearly gotten his tickets revoked a bunch of times

the good news -- he won't be within 50 yards of my section in his deep endzone top row upper seat next season

Veteran
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3428188]drinking is not allowed in public (cant drink on the beach). as far as the stadium and it's parking lot is concerned those are private property so the property owner has the right to dictate whether or not alcohol can be consumed on ther premises.

stop making excuses. the drunkeness has gotten out of hand, or are you blind or never been to a game?[/QUOTE]

I've been to many games in all states (from wasted to stone sober). You can cheer when you are sober and people can be loud *******s when they are sober as well. Lets not blame all of the crowd problems at the meadowlands on booze.

People dont need beer to watch football, the just want to. Whenever you hang out with friends you drink beer. Its a fun way to relax and makes people feel good. A few people acting like dicks, shouldnt ruin the experience for 78,000 others. Plus, how much would it cost the meadowlands to send police around the parking lots looking for people drinking?

What I am saying is that if you are going to a game, I am certain you have been to many, then you have to know what is going to be there. People yelling at refs and yelling profanities are expected. When you get 78,000 people together that is bound to happen. It seems unrealistic to expect otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's amazing to me how many of you here have figured out what's best for everyone else. I look forward to the day when I'm able to know enough to be able to judge others.

All Pro
    The Bengals fans are having fun with this:

[url]http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=59873[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Mario;3428279] Plus, how much would it cost the meadowlands to send police around the parking lots looking for people drinking?

[/QUOTE]

I dont know iffin anyone remembers the Subway series in NY and the games played at Shea. At the request of the Mets, there were hundreds of cops assigned to do nothing else but patrol the parking lot giving summons' for beer drinking. And just in case the cops thought it was a sh*tty thing to do, there were almost as many supervisors to make sure they did their thing.

It sucked to watch the salt of the earth, blue collar joes getting harassed for having a beer even as they literally were offering the cops their food and beverages.

When you got inside Shea, though, there was a beer cart every ten feet, I think they even used iced cream carts and stuffed them with beer bottles....

Drink our beer, not your beer.:rolleyes:

I cant see the NJ troopers going along with this sort of operation.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3427218]Gonna be about 30,000 extra towels now. :yes:[/QUOTE]

what are you trying to say?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mario;3427679]I'm sorry but that is rediculous. No one is putting a gun to the guys head and maked him buy 15 beers. What happened to taking responsibility? The guy got drunk and hit someone. Throw his ass in jail, but dont blame everyone else for what he did.[/QUOTE]

Hypothetically, if it saves one innocent life, you don't think it's worth it?

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3428072]well, then, those aren't fans; those are drunks who need more than just AA help.

For the fans who need a "Beer" to enjoy a Football game with the playoffs on the line...Those types of fans should just sell their ticket and watch the game @ a bar.[/QUOTE]

Preach on Skittles®, preach on.....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJkYiAshW8s[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3428157]don't know

there are never going to be any more 8 PM Giant games at Giant Stadium[/QUOTE]

What about when we host the Broncos/Ravens for the AFC title game?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3428553]What about when we host the Broncos/Ravens for the AFC title game?[/QUOTE]

well, duh, that wouldn't be a GIANT game, would it??

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3428559]well, duh, that wouldn't be a GIANT game, would it??[/QUOTE]

It would be a GIANT game for sure, but not a Giants game.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 12-31-2009 at 08:32 PM.