Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to D'Brick not making the Pro bowl?

What happened to D'Brick not making the Pro bowl?

I felt that D'Brick was a monster at left tackle this year. He didn't seem to get any consideration for the Pro-Bowl; not even making it as an alternate.

Are the other guys really better than Brick? Or just a case of him being overlooked?

Overlooked. F*ck Joe Thomas.

I thought he was named an alternate

Bet you he plays well again this weekend.

All League
    All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3427318]All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't his fault. It was Sanchez fault, he even admitted it.

Get a Grip

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3427318]All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.[/QUOTE]

So, is D'Brick supposed to let the interior lineman go free?

He did his job on those 2 plays. He blocked the interior DL, and it was up to Sanchez to find the hot read. Sanchez looked the other way on both plays, he was supposed to look towards Freeney and find Cotchery open.

it wasnt his fault and Rex Ryan said so. only knowledgable Jets fans who pay attention would realize this i guess;)

the sacks were on sanchez for not changing protection . brick did what you are taught to do and thats block inside . your delusional if you think brick is only average. he's way better then matt light

Undrafted Free Agent

You must be related to Rich Cimini...

All League
    D'Brick sealed his fate when he announced during training camp that he will make the pro-bowl this year.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3427318]All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.[/QUOTE]you're right...you're excellent analysis has convinced me...and they say pats fans are idiots...i think not!!...outstanding post...

You're either an idiot who doesn't know anything about football or you actually do know your stuff but choose to be a prick who spends his time trying to get a rise out of people on a message board.

Which would you rather be? :P
    Last edited by Crease29; 12-30-2009 at 10:31 PM.

[QUOTE=dinamite;3427304]I thought he was named an alternate[/QUOTE]

Same here. I believe he is the first alternate. but he is better than that in my estimation. Alas...

jerki if u know anything about football..oh wait ur a patsie fan..sorry...it was sanchez fault on those 2 sacks..he admitted it in his press conference and rex ryan said d-brick did his job on those plays..sanchez was supposed to check into a different blocking assignment..please know what ur talking about before you throw around insults..

All League
    Jake Long? Seriously?

Jets Insider VIP
    being an alternate or second alternate brings you closer to playing than in prior years because the players from the SB team that will be playing the following week won't be able to be there.

[QUOTE=sg3;3427484]being an alternate or second alternate brings you closer to playing than in prior years because the players from the SB team that will be playing the following week won't be able to be there.[/QUOTE]

Only Joe Thomas and Jake Long won't be anywhere near the Super Bowl...and neither is as good as Brick. I guess they were picked higher in the draft so that might carry votes in the minds of fans that probably don't pay that much attention to the LT position week in and week out.

[QUOTE=marvinpowell;3427299]I felt that D'Brick was a monster at left tackle this year. He didn't seem to get any consideration for the Pro-Bowl; not even making it as an alternate.

Are the other guys really better than Brick? Or just a case of him being overlooked?[/QUOTE]

Definitively overlooked just like TJ was overlooked.

D'Brick getting snubbed is as bad or worse than Lynch making it over Carrie a couple years back. It's complete blasphemy, and the only people who don't acknowledge it are ignorant football fans.