Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to D'Brick not making the Pro bowl?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3427318]All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't DBrick's responsibility on those plays...Thanks for visiting now go back to your patsies

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=marvinpowell;3427299]I felt that D'Brick was a monster at left tackle this year. He didn't seem to get any consideration for the Pro-Bowl; not even making it as an alternate.

Are the other guys really better than Brick? Or just a case of him being overlooked?[/QUOTE]

They had three first alternates -- Jones, left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and linebacker Bart Scott, and two second alternates, linebacker David Harris and defensive end Shaun Ellis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryu79;3427851]Only Joe Thomas and Jake Long won't be anywhere near the Super Bowl...and neither is as good as Brick. I guess they were picked higher in the draft so that might carry votes in the minds of fans that probably don't pay that much attention to the LT position week in and week out.[/QUOTE]

You know I never realized they were both picked higher until now. Crazy considering D'Brick was the #4 overall pick in a draft that was perceived as having a ton of high end talent. Neither is as good as D'Brick is...though I guess Thomas comes close.

If D'Brick was in either of their draft classes he would have went before them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know when I originally posted this thread that D-Brick had nothing to do with those sacks against Indy. It is interesting that if you look at the entire season, all prior 15 games, (and I watched them all), I only remember a single sack against D-Brick in all 15 games that he actually got beat on.

The quality starting d-end on the Texans (I forgot his name-Shaub?) said after he faced D-Brick that if D-Brick did not go to the probowl, then something was definitely very wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    D'Brick is very good, but I wasn't that surprised at him not making the Pro-Bowl considering the other LTs in our conference. The Bengals, on the other hand, got flat out robbed. Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph should have been right after Revis, Bailey is getting in on name recognition alone.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3427318]All pro left Tackles DON'T let the premier rushing DE in the league UNBLOCKED. DBrick's a decent NFL LT, but only delusional Jet fans are wondering why he wasn't selected to the Probowl.[/QUOTE]

Wow you're a fool who knows nothing about football.

So he was instead supposed to let the inside man go right up the middle? By the way how did Freeney do when Brick was blocking him throughout the game?

Anyways Brick has had a fantastic year and is an elite tackle, ask fellow 'delusional Jet fan' TX on his thoughts on Brick and perhaps you'll realize who the clueless homer is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;3428020]D'Brick is very good, but I wasn't that surprised at him not making the Pro-Bowl considering the other LTs in our conference. The Bengals, on the other hand, got flat out robbed. Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph should have been right after Revis, Bailey is getting in on name recognition alone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should have been Revis, Hall, and Aso... Champ Bailey has the John Lynch, Alan Faneca, "cruising on reputation" thing going on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray Lucas broke it down on JETS EXTRA POINT. Those sacks, believe it or not, were all on Sanchez and not D'Brick. Just repeating what the former NFL QB said............

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3427483]Jake Long? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Aside from week 1 against the Falcons, Jake Long has played like the #1 overall pick all year long. He's a legitimate Pro Bowler and deserves to be in the discussion for best OT in the league. It sucks that D'Brick plays in such a loaded conference for OTs. He's a great player and is top five in the league, but Thomas, Clady, and Long are just a bit better than him. If he were in the NFC, Brick would've easily made it in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3428495]Aside from week 1 against the Falcons, Jake Long has played like the #1 overall pick all year long. He's a legitimate Pro Bowler and deserves to be in the discussion for best OT in the league. It sucks that D'Brick plays in such a loaded conference for OTs. He's a great player and is top five in the league, but Thomas, Clady, and Long are just a bit better than him. If he were in the NFC, Brick would've easily made it in.[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree with this

I think the top 5 or 6 LT are all in the AFC this year. Just one of those things.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    even there were no bengals selected I believe the league wants to get everyone represented and that hurts Brick. There was 1 dolphin, 2 browns... long and thomas are the best players on a bad team, it adds up to a snub. He's played like a pro bowler.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3427884]You know I never realized they were both picked higher until now. Crazy considering D'Brick was the #4 overall pick in a draft that was perceived as having a ton of high end talent. Neither is as good as D'Brick is...though I guess Thomas comes close.

If D'Brick was in either of their draft classes he would have went before them.[/QUOTE]

how about Jason Smith from football powerhouse Baylor was the #2 overall selection? He played exclusively out of a 2 point stance, and skipped the senior bowl?

at least Long and Thomas are pretty good players. Most of these teams flat out don't know how to scout the OL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    joe thomas might have slipped a little, but dont forget the absolute monster rookie season he put in... that built him a strong rep

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Now I'll know, everytime I read one of your posts, that you have zero football IQ. Where the mental breakdown in scheme originated on both plays, no fan will know for sure, however to make it sound as if he was physically beat on either play is foolish. Without knowing the playbook WE have no idea whose mental mistake it was, if it was formation, OC, LT, TE, RB or QB not calling audible etc etc. most likely a comedy of errors. Looks as if they were caught off balance and stuck in the wrong formation to start.

Thanks for pointing out your ignorance to the board.

EDIT:
    LOL, ok I can see this has been taken care of by other posters.
    Last edited by HessStation; 01-01-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3428333]Ray Lucas broke it down on JETS EXTRA POINT. Those sacks, believe it or not, were all on Sanchez and not D'Brick. Just repeating what the former NFL QB said............[/QUOTE]

He also showed on the 2nd one how Cotch should have broken off his route to be the hot receiver but didn't.....Not that Sanchez looked his way but still a mistake by Cotch...