Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Braylon Edwards Guarantees Win On Sunday

[QUOTE=RageATL;3428252]"Mmm, your smack talking will work against you it will."

[IMG]http://saysomethingfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/yoda.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The strong is force with you.

;)

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w141/vteczen/yoda.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3428269][IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w141/vteczen/yoda.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/star-wars-yoda-orly.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/pennyd68/Yoda.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    OK, I can't keep this up! ;)

Back to the topic at hand...as much as I like to hear the team is focused on the Bengals and not NYE (kinda the way it should be with a professional football team, no?), I'm not really comfortable with Braylon taking the lead from Bart & company and flapping his gums. Some of these guys need to learn from Revis and have a nice tall glass of STFU. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    in other words. dont open your mouth, just go out and let your play do the talking for you;)

All Pro
    I'm so sick of guarantees.

I love having Braylon on the team but I can't even express how much I hate his comments. It's cliche already. Guys should never talk like that. I'd prefer a more quiet confidence from a guy prone to drops who has never won anything in his career and has a bad rep for being a prima. It just puts more pressure on everybody and makes it about you instead of keeping the focus for the little things on game day.

EDIT: Not to mention a huge f'n jinx and makes the team look even more foolish if they lose.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3428334]I'm so sick of guarantees.

I love having Braylon on the team but I can't even express how much I hate his comments. It's cliche already. Guys should never talk like that. I'd prefer a more quiet confidence from a guy prone to drops who has never won anything in his career and has a bad rep for being a prima. It just puts more pressure on everybody and makes it about you instead of keeping the focus for the little things on game day.

EDIT: Not to mention a huge f'n jinx and makes the team look even more foolish if they lose.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

[QUOTE=Super Mario;3427347]Nice to see the confidence.

I don't know if Braylon will even have a big game, if the Bengals play their starters. Sanchez is going to have a tough time completing any passes against Hall and Joseph.

BTW, that example of the 2005 playoffs doesn't really work, considering Palmer got hurt in the 2nd play of the game. I thought the Bengals would've won that game with him, TBH.[/QUO

Agreed....

Carson got hurt on their first possession in that game if I recall. Kimo Von Oelhoffen got to the side of Palmers knee and he went out with an acl tear as I recall. Kitna came in and threw a touchdown either one or two plays later and it looked as if Cincy wouldnt miss a beat.

Not.

That game had nothing to do with resting starters at all.

Fact... had Peyton Manning got hurt in a meaningless game against the Jets who had something to play for, Caldwell and Polina would be considered boobs for letting him stay in the game. Especially seen as how their qualified backup Jim Sorgi is on injured reserve and out for the entire season.

Fact... If Lewis plays Palmer the entire game and he gets hurt, he will look like a boob as Cincy has little left to play for.

I understand that this is a sport and you play to win the game, but you play the game to win championships and last I checked, Cincy had none. I dont care what anyone says... if I am the coach, and we have little left to play for cause we are already invited to the dance (playoffs), I play everyone, but dont dare let them finish the game.

They start the game... play a few quarters to stay fresh... and sit maybe after the start of the third quarter.

Cincy needs to advance in the playoffs. Their best chance to do that is with Chad and Carson healthy and playing. Not nursing injuries that they sustained playing a team late in the season that still has something to play for.

All League
    [QUOTE=EM31;3427548]Maybe it is a way to take pressure off Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

... you cant be serious lmao... hopefully the whole team will stay focused long enough... i love the enthusiasm though i have to admit... :yes: