Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Know We're Going To Lose, We're Definitely Going To Lose" Thread

Veteran
    I've been a Jets fans since 64, I've seen em all, this time I believe it's more like the Green Bay game in 02 or the Browns game in 85. Since I've been at this longer than most of you I can only keep my sanity by always believing the Jets will win the Super Bowl, its a matter of time, as I like to say.
    Sooner or Later.

It's time , its sooner than you think. Its going to happen when we least expect it :yes:

Veteran
    Why even waste your time writing this crap.

No wonder they do tv specials about the curse of the Jets when you guys come off like this. Some of you guys act like our team is the only team that chokes etc.,

Why doesn't some stat guru post on the board the the total win/loss record and number of playoff games we've been in since 1981, then compare these numbers to every team in the league and i'll bet there are quite a few teams worse off. Yet they are not cursed are they? Or having tv specials air about their luck. This kind of attitude and talk brings this kind of media crap our way

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3427378]
    4. Quiet crowd.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Of all the ones you mention...this is the truest one and the one that will absolutely suck the most.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=HBJETFANBOB;3427456]
    It's time , its sooner than you think. Its going to happen when we least expect it :yes:[/QUOTE]

The word improbable was invented for a reason.

Yes, it's a child-like thought, but why not.

In sports, there's breaks. We dont often get breaks. So last weekend our middling performing team got some breaks. Some big'gins.

In that middling performing team is a bunch of talent, which we saw flashes of in every phase of the game, that if harnessed and focused, can win on any given Sunday.

Thankyouz,

Sincerelies,

DWC2 army.:D

i like SAR I's approach by trying to jinx the jets in a good way, saying we will lose only to reverse it and have us win.

[QUOTE=jetman in indy;3427463]Why doesn't [B]some stat guru[/B] post on the board the the total win/loss record and number of playoff games we've been in since 1981, then compare these numbers to every team in the league....[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmm...who could handle such a task...:confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HBJETFANBOB;3427456]I've been a Jets fans since 64, I've seen em all, this time I believe it's more like the Green Bay game in 02 or the Browns game in 85. Since I've been at this longer than most of you I can only keep my sanity by always believing the Jets will win the Super Bowl, its a matter of time, as I like to say.
    Sooner or Later.

It's time , its sooner than you think. Its going to happen when we least expect it :yes:[/QUOTE]

2010 Superbowl Champs-NY JETS!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;3427494]Hmmmmmmmm...who could handle such a task...:confused:[/QUOTE]

yeah lol, it's called "I'm too lazy."

Sounds like a good job for one of the many "i'm afraid we're going to collapse" fans that post all of the time

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3427379]Why do you expect a quiet crowd?[/QUOTE]

1. A team that has been very disappointing.

2. A 2009 that was unthinkably more painful than 2008.

3. Fans that are emotionally exhausted based on #1 and #2 above.

4. Late game, ice cold, end of long holiday week.

5. A Bengal team that's going to play its starters for a quarter and then laugh as they let the Steelers drown.

SAR I

[QUOTE=gunnails;3427382]Why do you think the Jets don't respect the Bengals?[/QUOTE]

I don't know....do [I]you[/I]? I don't respect the Bengals. I think they're the same joke they've always been.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3427393]SAR,

You have season tickets, right?

What'd you do with your tix for the game? Are you going?[/QUOTE]

Had to sell them. Can't do a late Sunday with work 5 hours away on Monday morning. If it weren't a holiday weekend I'd have taken Monday off, just can't do it as I'm on vacation this week.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3427417]I think we lose too. I'm just too nervous about this game.

I like Sanchez a lot, but I think he ****s the bed on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps its because since the Week 2 Patriots gem, I've attended the following games:

Buffalo, OT disaster.

Miami, ST disaster.

@NE, Sanchez meltdown.

Falcons, offensive disaster.

Good thing I'm not going this week. Clearly, I'm bad luck.

SAR I

I'll post to that! We are definitely going to lose and I hope the Jets prove me wrong but even if they don't it doesn't matter since the Jets would get blown out in the playoffs. I'm sick of the Jets backing into the playoffs, for once I wish they would have won on their own and control a season like winning a division outright.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427378]I've been a Jets fan since 1980 and I know a loss when I see it. Here's what's working against us:

1. Home game.

[B][I]4. Quiet crowd.[/I][/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427506]Had to sell them. Can't do a late Sunday with work 5 hours away on Monday morning. If it weren't a holiday weekend I'd have taken Monday off, just can't do it as I'm on vacation this week.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

_

[QUOTE=David Harris;3427451]My stomach is in knots as well.

I can't shake it. Deep down I expect to lose or I'm at least telling me I'm expecting to so this team can't rip out my guts for the 31st year.[/QUOTE]

I almost would prefer to lose because the playoffs have a way of fooling fans into thinking This Could Be THE Year!

We'll say:

"We've just won 5 of our last 6 games!"

"We just beat the undefeated Colts!"

"We just beat two AFC playoff teams back-to-back!"

"We have the best Defense in the NFL!"

"We have the best Rushing attack in the NFL!"

"We look like the 2000 Ravens!"

"We're the hottest team in the AFC!"

.....and then we'll ignore the smart side of our brains begging us to wake up and realize that we've got a rookie QB because we didn't draft a bonafide #1 back in 2004 or 2006 and there goes the 2009 season.

SAR I

[QUOTE=HBJETFANBOB;3427456]I've been a Jets fans since 64, I've seen em all, this time I believe it's more like the Green Bay game in 02 [/QUOTE]

No, because in 2002 it was done the "right" way. It was a win-now Parcells team discovering its off-the-bench franchise QB. You [I]believed [/I]in that team from the moment they beat the Patriots on SNF, saw them soundly crush Brady's Pats, Favre's Packers, and Manning's Colts.

The 2009 Jets have given us nothing to believe in. We've beaten no one and are about to become the first 7-9 team to get the #5 seed. Very sad. Not energizing, not exciting, just sad.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3427473]Of all the ones you mention...this is the truest one and the one that will absolutely suck the most.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://product.images.dreamsretail.com/41-96/41-96680-P.jpg[/IMG]

I'm expecting 20-25% no-shows. The freezing cold means gloves which means a very quiet crowd.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427515] We've beaten no one and are about to become the first [B]7-9 [/B]team to get the #5 seed. Very sad. Not energizing, not exciting, just sad.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

9-7. 9-7.

Just roll with it. If its gonna happen with us, it will be unconventional.

:dunno: