Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Know We're Going To Lose, We're Definitely Going To Lose" Thread

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=32green;3427512]:rolleyes:

_[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I always use my own personal motivation/desire to attend a game as a barometer of everyone else.

If we were 12-3 hosting the 12-3 Pats, winner-gets-division-and-bye I'd be there with bells on.

But its 75/25 the Bengals will throw the game and 25/75 the Jets will actually take advantage of the Cincinnati scrubs, so it's a no-go.

It's one of those "can't enjoy it" kind of games. Sort of like the season-ender vs. Oakland in 2006. Win and it's expected, not exciting. Lose and its unthinkably pathetic, not exciting. It's a lose-lose from an attendance standpoint. The empty seats on Sunday night will support this theory unfortunately.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    These posts are too funny. Guys throwing up, giving up, wiping tears up. And the game hasn't even begun. LOL.

How do you guys get through your week?.. or day?

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427378]I've been a Jets fan since 1980 and I know a loss when I see it. Here's what's working against us:

1. Home game.

2. Night game.

3. Cold weather.

4. Quiet crowd.

5. National TV.

6. Unmotivated opponent.

7. False sense of abilities.

8. Opponent we don't respect.

9. Quarterback inconsistency.

Not only are we going to lose, we may not get more than 6 points. I've seen this movie before. No, not Same Old Jets. Just not a good team with a culture that's not completely corrected yet. [B]Instead of getting sick on Sunday night, I'm just going to get sick now. Will make it easier to take that way.[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

SAR...I think it's time...

And if for some reason you're hesitant...then this guy may make you an offer ya can't refuse...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-rTHOpgxE[/url]

[IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/GreenReaper_01/Kool-AidMan.jpg[/IMG]

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=32green;3427522]9-7. 9-7.

Just roll with it. If its gonna happen with us, it will be unconventional.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Now that is something I can definitely sink my teeth into.

For me, it's the complete lack of that "glimmer of brilliance" that you see in other teams in special years. Tell me what our signature win was this year. Tell me the game that Mark Sanchez made us go WOW, he IS going to be a great one. Tell me the game that Rex Ryan motivated and willed his team to win.

Tell me, that is, the game besides the one in Week 2 against a depleted Patriots team that was out of the groove.

You can't. That's why I'm sad. We'd be the Team That's Taken Longest To Gel in NFL history if we were to truly go on some miracle run, beat the Bengals twice, beat the Colts, beat the Chargers, go beat the Eagles.

Can we dream? Sure. BUT DON'T! Will just make January suck [I]harder [/I]that way.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Steelbirds;3427524]These posts are too funny. Guys throwing up, giving up, wiping tears up. And the game hasn't even begun. LOL.

How do you guys get through your week?.. or day?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://bsp.mlblogs.com/yankeesimages/Yankees_Evil_Empire.jpg[/IMG]

Not a day goes by that I do not thank the good lord for making me a Yankee fan. It's like he [I]knew [/I]what my football life would be like.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427527]Now that is something I can definitely sink my teeth into.

For me, it's the complete lack of that "glimmer of brilliance" that you see in other teams in special years. Tell me what our signature win was this year. Tell me the game that Mark Sanchez made us go WOW, he IS going to be a great one. Tell me the game that Rex Ryan motivated and willed his team to win.

Tell me, that is, the game besides the one in Week 2 against a depleted Patriots team that was out of the groove.

You can't. That's why I'm sad. We'd be the Team That's Taken Longest To Gel in NFL history if we were to truly go on some miracle run, beat the Bengals twice, beat the Colts, beat the Chargers, go beat the Eagles.

Can we dream? Sure. BUT DON'T! Will just make January suck [I]harder [/I]that way.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Improbable things happen all the time. Us getting all the breaks last Sunday?

Improbable.

Our own Coach ruled us out two weeks ago.

And he was right.

eeeeeh kind of.:rolleyes:

So when I saw this portal open for our middling team, this week, I thought....

"improbable".

Huge difference from impossible.

That 3-0 team re-appears....for a few short winter weeks....

Who knows?

:dunno:

I'll take it. Its been 40 years for me.

Today, Rex said thet Sanchez has "learned a great deal about what we're trying to do in these last few games, it's time to give him more freedom..."
    :eek:We're doomed! :eek:

[QUOTE=ryan10;3427420]im a 41 year old jet fan also..i actually have a good feeling going into this game...but yes in the back of my mind the ghosts of the past are there..it will always be there for us older jet fans..it will be there until we win the big one..just the way it is..we just have to try to not be so negative and support our team!!! go jets!!![/QUOTE]

Is it fair to say that ALL teams have to deal with failures of the past, not just our JETS?

I know about all the misery. Im a fan since '83.

Just entertainment for me now. Like when I go to a movie, sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad. I still get to go home at the end and move on.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3427389]I hope your football predictions are as accurate as your PSL sales predictions.[/QUOTE]

lol :yes:

We'll find a way.

Disagree about the empty seats. I fully expect to be packed to the gills and for it to be a raucous crowd.

Seriously? I swear, some of you guys are such p***ies. Are you married? Because, for the life of me, I wonder how you even get/got a date ... "Excuse me, I know you're probably gonna say no, but I was wondering (look pitifully at your shoes) if you'd maybe want to go out with me ... no, you don't even have to answer ... I'm gonna go now - bye."
    Whiney, cry-baby p***ies. "We're gonna lose, sniff sniff - I just know it -- they always do this to me ... now excuse me while I put the seat down before I pee ..."
    Some of you "fans" are straight up pitiful.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=FF2;3427494]Hmmmmmmmm...who could handle such a task...:confused:[/QUOTE]
    LMaO

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3427537]Today, Rex said thet Sanchez has "learned a great deal about what we're trying to do in these last few games, it's time to give him more freedom..."
    :eek:We're doomed! :eek:[/QUOTE]

fml

last thing we need is Sanchez to screw us over 1 last time this season. This is the one he needs to WIN for us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Ruby2[/B]
    Why do you expect a quiet crowd?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;3427504]1. A team that has been very disappointing.

2. A 2009 that was unthinkably more painful than 2008.

3. Fans that are emotionally exhausted based on #1 and #2 above.

4. Late game, ice cold, end of long holiday week.

5. A Bengal team that's going to play its starters for a quarter and then laugh as they let the Steelers drown.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

6. Jets just announced no beer sales AT ALL during the game.

At least 20% empty seats is my guess.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]jetman in indy[/B]
    Why doesn't some stat guru post on the board the the total win/loss record and number of playoff games we've been in since 1981, then compare these numbers to every team in the league...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2;3427494]Hmmmmmmmm...who could handle such a task...:confused:[/QUOTE]

Give you a hint - His name is 4 characters, has a D in it and ends with a 2. Oh, and it's not....

[IMG]http://www.starwarsr2d2.com/images/r2d2.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Errrr....I'm 41 too?;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets by two touchdowns or more

PUT IT IN THE BOOKS

Rookie
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3427401]I've been trying to convince myself that this game will be different. But we all

feel the same as you Sar. We are all scared as hell of Sunday night. Scared

that it will be another bad chapter. My stomach is already tied in knots.[/QUOTE]

Jets fans are like battered women...we put up with the abuse in the hopes it will get better...maybe we don't love them enough...maybe we did something wrong?....just waiting around for the next drunken' rage filled beating....this feels like that

10. Refer to the Giant's game last week.

Almost 5 to 1 odds against a Bengals win.

Tempting....
    Last edited by jxc; 12-31-2009 at 08:33 AM.