Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are tickets so cheap/liquid?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are tickets so cheap/liquid?

I am shocked that this game, very possibly the last football game at the meadowlands and maybe the biggest game at home for the Jets in five years and on top of that the NFL game of the week is not in high demand. Does anyone have a take on this, it is really surprising to me that fans are not responding to a game like this, it appears as though tickets are going for less than face to just over face.

I guess my underlining question is this, if fans are not willing/ eager to spend 25-100% over face for a game like this, what the heck is really going on with the PSL's for next season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pcavanagh;3427435]I am shocked that this game, very possibly the last football game at the meadowlands and maybe the biggest game at home for the Jets in five years and on top of that the NFL game of the week is not in high demand. Does anyone have a take on this, it is really surprising to me that fans are not responding to a game like this, it appears as though tickets are going for less than face to just over face.

I guess my underlining question is this, if fans are not willing/ eager to spend 25-100% over face for a game like this, what the heck is really going on with the PSL's for next season?[/QUOTE]

according to some "experts" they have a few hundred PSLs left to sell. :-)

8pm is a tough sunday night game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Economics 101.....No demand.....transition year, and PSL's will sell if the start to win....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 8pm start time just sucks is my opinion. it'll be freezing and potentially precipitation. and people have work in the morning. nothing worse than 2-3 hours of sleep to start your week off ****ty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the stands aren't packed for this game, I'll be f****n pissed. I'm driving from Pittsburgh for this game (as I have for all the home games).

When I found out this was flexed, I had to move a bunch of things around (because I won't be able to drive home right after the game). But the point is I'm going to the game. Why would you root for this team...own tickets...anything...if you're not going to go to this type of game?! Last game ever at this stadium...PRIMETIME...DO OR DIE.

If anyone on this site is on the fence about going to this game...SUCK IT UP AND GO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3427539]If the stands aren't packed for this game, I'll be f****n pissed. I'm driving from Pittsburgh for this game (as I have for all the home games).

When I found out this was flexed, I had to move a bunch of things around (because I won't be able to drive home right after the game). But the point is I'm going to the game. Why would you root for this team...own tickets...anything...if you're not going to go to this type of game?! Last game ever at this stadium...PRIMETIME...DO OR DIE.

If anyone on this site is on the fence about going to this game...SUCK IT UP AND GO[/QUOTE]

You drive form Pittsburgh for every home game?? HOLY SH*T !! :eek::eek:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    A lot of people have been off since Christmas eve. That night game is a tough way to start the week after a long time off with likely a lot of partying involved.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3427539]If the stands aren't packed for this game, I'll be f****n pissed. I'm driving from Pittsburgh for this game (as I have for all the home games).

If anyone on this site is on the fence about going to this game...SUCK IT UP AND GO[/QUOTE]

Driving from Pittsburgh for every home game? I applaud you, my friend. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where exactly are these tickets that are "so cheap"?
    Me and my brother would like to come down from Boston for the game but not paying a penny over face.
    Same goes with the parking pass.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Virginia B

I fly in for games from Virginia Beach to several games as my boys from East Meadow-RUMRUNNERS bus know and if it wasnt for my kids hockey, Id certainly be at this game-in fact, Im still trying to change up plans to be at game, but I posted my 133 tickets and got only BS responses /offerers. It costs me alot more than most to buy seasons every year and I reupped with 28 guys for PSLs in 248 which made my investments prior look cheap. When you factor in preseason ( a complete burn) my seats cost about $145 face. I am in Redskin region--if these were redskins tix and they were in the same spot, my seats would fetch 300 a piece if the game was Wednesday night at 11pm start. I just dont get Jets fans in New York/Jersey---Obviously I stand among the few who believe the Jets will win 2 vs Cinci and then can do some serious damage in Playoffs if Sanchez doesnt turn the ball. This is a very good Jets team with the best Defense I have ever seen from the Jets-

So in short- I may still get to this game from Virginia Beach- If I were sitting in Rummrunners, East Meadoe writing this right now, you can bet your ass id pay 300 a ticket for this game, no questions.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    once people found out they cant drink in the game im sure they arent willing to pony up the money and not be able to enjoy a beer and sausage and peppers...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Beer/Sausage

Hear you...Well, I dont care for that ruling- But I attend the game with some heavy drinkers and most of that is done prior to and after the game anyway, Make no mistake, we both know there will be some booze in the Meadowlands this weekend for those who really want some.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On stubhub they only have abouty 600 tickets for sale, well below the normal 2,000. Also the cheapest tickets together are now $90+ each, which is also higher than it was a few weeks ago. There are none available on ticketmaster either.

They'll be 78,000 people at the game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3427677]On stubhub they only have abouty 600 tickets for sale, well below the normal 2,000. Also the cheapest tickets together are now $90+ each, which is also higher than it was a few weeks ago. There are none available on ticketmaster either.

They'll be 78,000 people at the game[/QUOTE]

Well, that is good news, It would be great to have a crowd excitment like the opener vs Pats. Jets fans deserve a big win and something to look forward to in the playoffs, especially after the rollercoaster this team has produced this season. thanks for the reply.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ticketmaster/TicketExchange is showing a whole bunch of pairs of tickets for $75/$80...BUY THESE TICKETS PEOPLE.

And even for the tickets that HAVE been sold: The amount of no-shows for the Atlanta game was disappointing. People need to show up to this game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are 702 tickets remaining on StubHub and 95% of them are $100 or more. Most of the seats in the current stadium are between $75-90.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rep;3427534]the 8pm start time just sucks is my opinion. it'll be freezing and potentially precipitation. and [B]people have work in the morning. nothing worse than 2-3 hours of sleep to start your week off ****ty.[/QUOTE][/B]

+1. I was offered free tickets yesterday from a vendor and had to turn them down for exactly that reason. If this game hadn't been flexed, I'd be there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3427690]Ticketmaster/TicketExchange is showing a whole bunch of pairs of tickets for $75/$80...BUY THESE TICKETS PEOPLE.

And even for the tickets that HAVE been sold: The amount of no-shows for the Atlanta game was disappointing. People need to show up to this game.[/QUOTE]

The atlanta game was after a huge snow storm. Most games got moved until 4pm, but the Jets game didnt.

People will show up, I am not worried.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3427690]Ticketmaster/TicketExchange is showing a whole bunch of pairs of tickets for $75/$80...BUY THESE TICKETS PEOPLE.

And even for the tickets that HAVE been sold: The amount of no-shows for the Atlanta game was disappointing. People need to show up to this game.[/QUOTE]

You have some serious comittment driving to and fro Pitts- I fly in and then sit on a party bus drinking and playing cards- our bus co refused to drive to the ATL game- called it "act of God"-therefore wouldnt make the trip even though our group has contracted them for several years. Pissed off alot aof people- I wonder how many others faced the same circumstances.... then again, the basis for my post is real apathy from a large portion of our fan base.... cold, snow, late game start etc. I agree with you, if you are a Jet fan and have spent your money and invested your time and in many cases emotion to this team, how can you not be at this game? How are tickets going for less than face? I dont know- I really dont.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im psyched as hell to go sun night and my whole group of 8 will be there at5:00 to tailgate, however its easy for me to go into work late on monday.

That being said, i also got 2 tix for friends at work for face value. Most people that go with their kids wont be going to this, too cold and late if you have kids 12 and under.

Plus with the holiday weekend, and temps in the 20s, i think even for a game of this magnitude, the stadium will have 2-5000 empty seats.