Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are tickets so cheap/liquid?

Sunday Night

You know, I guess you have a point about the kids. That said, i have been rather annoyed that the Jets have not had many prime time games over the years. I was chalking it up to some ****ty teams. But I am sick of seeing the Steelers, Dallas and Giants all whom seem to have no issues filling stadium and going regardless of day and time of the game. I guess you can say the jets fans are not used to playing Sunday night---but jeez o petes-- its essentially a playoff game and the last game ever in the meadowlands---how many dads would like to have their Kids say, " I attended the last Jets game at the meadowlands"----I answered my own question.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec124;3427693]There are 702 tickets remaining on StubHub and 95% of them are $100 or more. Most of the seats in the current stadium are between $75-90.[/QUOTE]

Plus, stubhub charges 10% to buyers (and 15% to sellers)..so If you're buying a ticket for 100, you're really paying 110. and if the face value is 80, that's a 37.5% markup

[QUOTE=Mario;3427677]On stubhub they only have abouty 600 tickets for sale, well below the normal 2,000. Also the cheapest tickets together are now $90+ each, which is also higher than it was a few weeks ago. There are none available on ticketmaster either.

They'll be 78,000 people at the game[/QUOTE]

Mario--whats the status on the tix for teh game at stubhub?

All Pro
    Drove from Youngstown, Ohio for 2 games this year, usually 3-4 games. If it were not for a big job starting on Monday, I'd be there for this game. But I can see being that its a Sunday Night game and the traffic afterwards, a lot of people will have a very, very late night and a very earlier morning commute to work. I on the other hand would have had the luxury of sleeping in before the 5yr drive home on Monday. I still expect a huge, if not filled stadium for this game. You guys/gals have fun and be loud!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=rep;3427534]the 8pm start time just sucks is my opinion. it'll be freezing and potentially precipitation. and people have work in the morning. nothing worse than 2-3 hours of sleep to start your week off ****ty.[/QUOTE]

bingo...I've spoken with two season ticket holders who rarely miss games...one is the guy who I've tailgated with since 1988 and brings the grill etc...

they both say the 8PM time makes it near impossible to attend the game....my tailgate buddy says he has people coming to his office Monday morning 8AM- he also said he can't get rid of his tickets...

[QUOTE=rep;3427534]the 8pm start time just sucks is my opinion. it'll be freezing and potentially precipitation. and people have work in the morning. nothing worse than 2-3 hours of sleep to start your week off ****ty.[/QUOTE]

if your unemployed like me it's not a problem to sleep in late!

Call me a fag but I dont want to sit outside and freeze my balls off. I have done it but honestly as much as I love the Jets freezing my nuggets off just doesnt cut it. Give me a dome and I am there. Just saying

[QUOTE=pcavanagh;3427701]You have some serious comittment driving to and fro Pitts- I fly in and then sit on a party bus drinking and playing cards- our bus co refused to drive to the ATL game- called it "act of God"-therefore wouldnt make the trip even though our group has contracted them for several years. Pissed off alot aof people- I wonder how many others faced the same circumstances.... then again, the basis for my post is real apathy from a large portion of our fan base.... cold, snow, late game start etc. I agree with you, if you are a Jet fan and have spent your money and invested your time and in many cases emotion to this team, how can you not be at this game? [B]How are tickets going for less than face? I dont know- I really dont[/B].[/QUOTE]

Someone a little bitter that he can't sell his extra tickets for 3 times face??? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3427696][/B]

+1. I was offered free tickets yesterday from a vendor and had to turn them down for exactly that reason. If this game hadn't been flexed, I'd be there.[/QUOTE]

People in Green Bay and Kansas City would be there. Chicago was packed last week and they have 6 wins. Jets fans are nothing to write home about when it comes to filling seats and making noise. We throw a hell of a paper plane though.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3427539]If the stands aren't packed for this game, I'll be f****n pissed. I'm driving from Pittsburgh for this game (as I have for all the home games).

When I found out this was flexed, I had to move a bunch of things around (because I won't be able to drive home right after the game). But the point is I'm going to the game. Why would you root for this team...own tickets...anything...if you're not going to go to this type of game?! Last game ever at this stadium...PRIMETIME...DO OR DIE.

If anyone on this site is on the fence about going to this game...SUCK IT UP AND GO[/QUOTE]
    Good man ...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3428406]People in Green Bay and Kansas City would be there. Chicago was packed last week and they have 6 wins. Jets fans are nothing to write home about when it comes to filling seats and making noise. We throw a hell of a paper plane though.[/QUOTE]

so it can be assumed you'll be at the game on Sunday???

All Pro
    My buddies and I threw down $100 a piece for tickets. We'll be there and we'll be loud and rowdy.

Disapointing there won't be booze sold, but we'll probably be pretty toasted by the time the game starts anyway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3428406]People in Green Bay and Kansas City would be there. Chicago was packed last week and they have 6 wins. Jets fans are nothing to write home about when it comes to filling seats and making noise. We throw a hell of a paper plane though.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3428418]so it can be assumed you'll be at the game on Sunday???[/QUOTE]

They blew up his bridge and he doesnt want to get caught driving behind that guy. Or else he would be there.

:D;)

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3428378]Someone a little bitter that he can't sell his extra tickets for 3 times face??? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

always a dick in the bunch...gave my tix to my buds...I thought they would enjoy the game- I am sure they will. But hey, i buy seasons year after year to attend 4-5 and pay about 3g's per weekend to do it. Dont talk **** when you have no idea who you are talking about. Cheers

You people are a bunch of wus bunnies I drive from Northern Alberta for every game. So stop whinning....

[QUOTE=pcavanagh;3428451]always a dick in the bunch...gave my tix to my buds...I thought they would enjoy the game- I am sure they will. But hey, i buy seasons year after year to attend 4-5 and pay about 3g's per weekend to do it. Dont talk **** when you have no idea who you are talking about. Cheers[/QUOTE]

Well you seemed a little upset that tickets are going for less than 2x above face.
    Glad you spend 15 grand for 5 games. Good for you. Special.

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3428458]Well you seemed a little upset that tickets are going for less than 2x above face.
    Glad you spend 15 grand for 5 games. Good for you. Special.[/QUOTE]

Read my posts, not upset, surprised.....donkey.

Fair enough.....pony.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3428418]so it can be assumed you'll be at the game on Sunday???[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm leaving shortly

Too late, too cold, no beer.