Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nine years ago this week. Roadtrip to Baltimore.

Practice Squad
    My buddy and I were at this game. I remember keeping our celebrations in enemy territory low key as we went up 14-0. Then things went bad to worse quickly. It was the Jermaine Lewis show...everytime I looked he was a returning a punt for a TD. One Baltimore fan kept saying "how'd like that Son?" to me which I didn't appreciate and I let him know about it. Then on the way out of the stadium some drunk guy half tackles my buddy in a Chrebet jersey. Not one of my better Jet experiences.

Nothing ever changes. ...different coaches, players, etc. ...same results, same tortured fans. I hope Sunday is different though.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3427685]I still can't believe the wives let us go.

I will say this about the Baltimore fans, they were pretty cool. And back then, that stadium was state-of-the-art.

Anyway, goddamn that Al Groh.[/QUOTE]

I only had one kid back then. Now with three it would be a very tough sell.

I'm also close to wearing out the "This is official Jets Insider Businsess" argument. lol

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3427822]He doesn't have a TV at his house? I'd figure a moneybags like yourself would hook the old man up with a flat-screen or something. Might have even been a nice Christmas gift for him that day -- would have solved the problem for both of you[/QUOTE]

He DID have a TV. The trouble was, it was a plasma and not an LCD screen. ;)

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3427986]I only had one kid back then. Now with three it would be a very tough sell.

[B]I'm also close to wearing out the "This is official Jets Insider Businsess" argument[/B]. lol[/QUOTE]

LOL

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3427685]I still can't believe the wives let us go.

I will say this about the Baltimore fans, they were pretty cool. And back then, that stadium was state-of-the-art.

Anyway, goddamn that Al Groh.[/QUOTE]

Dude, how fast did that 9 years go? Holy Sh*t!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3428200]Dude, how fast did that 9 years go? Holy Sh*t![/QUOTE]

Flew. Seems like last week. Same with the game in Dallas...although I do look a hell of a lot younger in the pics, so I guess the time passage is legit