Thread: Jets Pro Bowl alternates

Jets Pro Bowl alternates

Just came across this list.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/three_jets_one_giant_selected_to_3EFnQDLK7aMxJLEwVQTtCI[/url]

[QUOTE]They had three first alternates -- Jones, left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and linebacker Bart Scott, and two second alternates, linebacker David Harris and defensive end Shaun Ellis.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how Bart Scott is a 1st alternate and Harris a 2nd only. I know Bart does a lot of dirty work but Harris clearly outplayed him and every other ILB/MLB in the AFC this season, especially if you look at the numbers (individual & team stats, and that's without Kris Jenkins). Oh, and surprised to see Ellis name up there.

Jets Insider VIP
    this probowl is different re: alternates since all the nominees from the team that will be playing the following week won't be playing

Ellis had a good season, especially of late.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;3427616]Just came across this list.

[URL]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/three_jets_one_giant_selected_to_3EFnQDLK7aMxJLEwVQTtCI[/URL]

[B]Not sure how Bart Scott is a 1st alternate and Harris a 2nd only[/B]. I know Bart does a lot of dirty work but Harris clearly outplayed him and every other ILB/MLB in the AFC this season, especially if you look at the numbers (individual & team stats, and that's without Kris Jenkins). Oh, and surprised to see Ellis name up there.[/QUOTE]

Bart Scott has a name...Harris, if he continues to play like this year, should make it next year

Why is the probowl BEFORE the SB now? Is it just this year or will this continue?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jman21;3427954]Why is the probowl BEFORE the SB now? Is it just this year or will this continue?[/QUOTE]

It will continue, and I think it's a great idea. I always thought it was idiotic to play the game after the season was over. Plus this fills the void a little bit with the week off, at least something will be going on the week before the super bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is only in Miami this year. I thought I read it is going back to Hawaii next year. Not sure whether it will stay on the off week before the SB or go back to the week after.

could have "misremembered" though

All Pro
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80f1dc77&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]