Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Dilfer has a 59.3 % the year they won the Super Bowl

Trent Dilfer has a 59.3 % the year they won the Super Bowl

No WR over 60 rec. It can be done without an offense.
    One thing I did notice was turnovers that year for the Ravens were lower than the Jets this year. ...makes me wonder if without all Sanchez INT's this team is 13-3 - 12-4 .

This team is 10-6 MAYBE 11-5 without Sanchize's gaffs :yes:

All League
    Except that Raven D gave up the least amount of points for a 16 game season ever. The Jets D isnt close to that

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;3427667]Except that Raven D gave up the least amount of points for a 16 game season ever. The Jets D isnt close to that[/QUOTE]

But I heard they were #1? :confused::(:huh:

The Jets defense is not as good as the Baltimore defense from that year but they can play that way for a few games.

Secondly, Eli Manning led the league in INTs the year he won the superbowl. He sucked, still sucks, but he played well for a few games. that's all we need out of Sanchez.

All League
    elijah manning also lead the league in INT's when the g-women won it...

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3427755]The Jets defense is not as good as the Baltimore defense from that year but they can play that way for a few games.

Secondly, Eli Manning led the league in INTs the year he won the superbowl. He sucked, still sucks, but he played well for a few games. that's all we need out of Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3427665]This team is 10-6 MAYBE 11-5 without Sanchize's gaffs :yes:[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if they only cost us one game but that's football.

So you're comparing the Jets defense to the Ravens at that time?:rolleyes:

Yeah, good luck winning that argument.:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;3427744]But I heard they were #1? :confused::(:huh:[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are No. 1, but they're not a historic defense like the 00 Ravens and 85 Bears.

But so what? The 07 Pats had the best offense ever and didn't win the SB.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3427667]Except that Raven D gave up the least amount of points for a 16 game season ever. The Jets D isnt close to that[/QUOTE]

Please check my math, but I have them averaging 15.7 ppg. and thats with very few turnovers, pick 6 etc. not to mention some of those points are gifts by the ST's and O. Once Sanchez gets comfortable in there, he will be the difference.
    By the way, isn't it about time to start laying some of that hate on opposing teams that come into our house rather than the team we share it with? All I know is they have 30,15,and 10 not to mention 3 SB's. Christ!

All League
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;3427819]So you're comparing the Jets defense to the Ravens at that time?:rolleyes:

Yeah, good luck winning that argument.:zzz:[/QUOTE]

yeah why the hell would you try praising the Jets defense on a Jets message board...the nerve!!:rolleyes:

This team just needs to get in and get hot. If the Jets play their best ball and Sanchez makes a few plays here and there without turning over the ball then this team could beat anyone.

I hope to god they win this game sunday because a fired up Jets team in the playoffs could be very dangerous.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3427865]This team just needs to get in and get hot. If the Jets play their best ball and Sanchez makes a few plays here and there without turning over the ball then this team could beat anyone.

I hope to god they win this game sunday because a fired up Jets team in the playoffs could be very dangerous.[/QUOTE]

That's good because we really have not played anyone, for the most part.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3427756]elijah manning also lead the league in INT's when the g-women won it...[/QUOTE]
    but they also had a hell of a defense with strahan, osi, and tuck.which kept them in games even when manning screwed up.and manning wasnt a rookie qb when they won it too, he has some experience.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3427755]The Jets defense is not as good as the Baltimore defense from that year but they can play that way for a few games.

[B]Secondly, Eli Manning led the league in INTs the year he won the superbowl. [/B] He sucked, still sucks, but he played well for a few games. that's all we need out of Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I never knew that one.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3427907]That's good because we really have not played anyone, for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Look at the Giants. Was their O that much better than what the Jets have?

Manning got all the glory for that superbowl when in reality his offense had only 10 points prior to that game winning drive which include a miracle catch and a blown coverage on Plax's catch. The Giants won with Defense and luckily enough the Jets have a very good D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3427660]No WR over 60 rec. It can be done without an offense.
    One thing I did notice was turnovers that year for the Ravens were lower than the Jets this year. ...makes me wonder if without all Sanchez INT's this team is 13-3 - 12-4 .[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Show me a realistic scenario where we win the Superbowl this season. What could Tannenbaum have done differently with the QB situation. Names please.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3427967]Look at the Giants. Was their O that much better than what the Jets have?

Manning got all the glory for that superbowl when in reality his offense had only 10 points prior to that game winning drive which include a miracle catch and a blown coverage on Plax's catch. The Giants won with Defense and luckily enough the Jets have a very good D.[/QUOTE]
    Well you have to get their first, and it's not we beat these tough teams this year.Fasano and some other Cowgirl dropped td passes and then in the GB game Favre threw it right to the giants, to end the game they had some luck, but you still need good ST's and an O to make it through the better teams in the Playoffs to go with our D. Buff,TB,Oak,Tenn, Atlanta, Carolina we will not be playing if we sneak in...

The biggest mistake the Jets made was not signing Jeff Garcia...

You can't tell me with Garica this team wouldn't have easily had 11 wins this season...