Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trent Dilfer has a 59.3 % the year they won the Super Bowl

[QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;3428248]The biggest mistake the Jets made was not signing Jeff Garcia...

You can't tell me with Garica this team wouldn't have easily had 11 wins this season...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but at the beggining of the season that wasn't the right move. Who knew the Jets would have the #1 D and rushing O at the end of the season, I think even the most opitmistic fan couldnt have imagined that. Also, even Peyton said that a rookie needs to be in the game to become a franchise QB. This year will pay dividends with Sanchez while Garcia would have been another lost year like Favre.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;3428248]The biggest mistake the Jets made was not signing Jeff Garcia...

You can't tell me with Garica this team wouldn't have easily had 11 wins this season...[/QUOTE]

It's hard to sign Garcia since he was signed by Oakland on April 6 which was BEFORE the Draft.

Oakland released Garcia on September 6, a week before the season amd 2 weeks after Sanchez was named starter.

Garcia was NEVER an option.

[QUOTE=SMC;3428274]It's hard to sign Garcia since he was signed by Oakland on April 6 which was BEFORE the Draft.

Oakland released Garcia on September 6, a week before the season amd 2 weeks after Sanchez was named starter.

Garcia was NEVER an option.[/QUOTE]
    Starting him in week one obviously was never an option but picking him up after he was released definitely was...Clemens doesn't belong on an NFL roster and we've known that for some time now...Having Garcia as the backup is the move that should have been made...Garcia would have been ready by week 6 the latest where Sanchez was clearly ineffective to say the least at that point in the season...You had good reason to bench the kid at the point in the season and a good backup in Garcia who is the exact kind of QB Ryan wants...

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    well you can always try and trade for troy smith from the ravens. rex knows him ....lol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;3428291]Starting him in week one obviously was never an option but picking him up after he was released definitely was...Clemens doesn't belong on an NFL roster and we've known that for some time now...Having Garcia as the backup is the move that should have been made...Garcia would have been ready by week 6 the latest where Sanchez was clearly ineffective to say the least at that point in the season...You had good reason to bench the kid at the point in the season and a good backup in Garcia who is the exact kind of QB Ryan wants...[/QUOTE]

Rex was never benching Sanchez. And there was no reason to bench him.

Seriously. Rex was going to ride the rookie roller coaster the minute Rex named him the starter.

This Garcia argument is pure fantasy. The only way he was seeing the field was if Sanchez got hurt.
    Last edited by SMC; 12-31-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    you can say this about rex, he makes a decision and sticks with it.

Christ, are you seriously comparing this year's Jets defense to the greatest defense of all time? Stay realistic here. This defense has frequently let their team down in the most important moments. As far as #1 defenses go, this year's Jets is probably one of the worst.

Think we should be setting the bar for Sanchez a little higher then the worst Super Bowl winning QB in history? Pennington could have done what Dilfer did if he had the 2000 Ravens D and Jamal Lewis in his prime on his side.

Nevermind, there's still quite a ways between this current Jets Defense and the 2000 Ravens, which is probably the greatest defense ever assembled.

Sanchez will be fine, just learn to allow him to develop. He'll hopefully show some progress next year, but we probably won't be seeing the fruits of all this developing until Year 3.

Our defense can't score. Can they turn it on and get to that level? Probably not. That's the difference.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfanmack;3428354]Our defense can't score. Can they turn it on and get to that level? Probably not. That's the difference.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand why we can't, we did so under Mangina yet now we can't. :(

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Would he have been healthy?

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;3427865]This team just needs to get in and get hot. If the Jets play their best ball and Sanchez makes a few plays here and there without turning over the ball then this team could beat anyone.

I hope to god they win this game sunday because a fired up Jets team in the playoffs could be very dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Cardinals went to the Superbowl at 9-7 last year.

Anything can happen.