Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The #2 Cornerback Situation

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427933]Lito Sheppard is one hell of a #2 CB, just about 30 teams around the league would love to have Lito Sheppard as their #2 CB.

Is he a shut down, lock down, type of #2 CB who's going to shut down #2 WR's all game? No. But he's been playing really solid Football for the Jets as of late.

I could care less about the Jets front office putting up alot of money @ the CB position; if the Jets are in position to draft Joe Hadden of Florida, they must do it, no matter who is left on the draft board.

The year Revis came out, he was ranked top 3 with 2 other CB's in I believe Hall and Ross. It's now obvious by light years that Revis was the most talented and gifted CB of the draft. This year with Joe Hadden of FLorida? It's already obvious, this kid is the best shut down college CB of the draft. This kid is fast, he's quick, he's strong, he can cover with the best of them, and he's also really solid when it comes down to being able to tackle.

Just like I was a huge fan of Percy Harvin last year, I'm more of a fan of Joe Hadden this season; this is coming from an FSU fan. The SEC has always been known for it's great D's, well, Joe Hadden happens to be one of those amazing SEC Defensive players who can and has taken over games for FLorida. The SEC also has elite talent @ the RB/WR positions, Joe Hadden has held his own.

Just like Revis came in and became the Jets #1 starting CB from just about day one; Joe Hadden would be able to man the #2 CB position since day one, for many of years to come.

Revis and Hadden on the outside would be the most talented-exciting 1-2 punch @ the CB position for many of years to come. Joe Hadden could also be our player to man up on Wes Welker in the slot for 4 quarters strong from here on out.

All in all...Unless the Jets draft Hadden, I'm all for keeping Lito Sheppard but I won't lie...I have Jet dreams just thinking about Joe Hadden.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I really hope they don't burn their first round pick on Joe Hadden.

I could live with it though if they spend it on Joe Haden.
    Last edited by JamaicanJetFan; 12-31-2009 at 11:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys even pay attention to other teams? Aside from the eagles and bengals, we have probably the best situation at #2 CB in the NFL. We have the #1 ranked pass D, we have the best CB in the league at #1, OFCOURSE other teams are going to go to our #2 and #3 guys a lot. Yea, Lito struggled against manning in the dome, who doesn't? Lito was coming off some GREAT performances. We might want to add another CB not because of production, but because of health issues.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3427970][B] Do you guys even pay attention to other teams? Aside from the eagles and bengals, we have probably the best situation at #2 CB in the NFL. [/B]We have the #1 ranked pass D, we have the best CB in the league at #1, OFCOURSE other teams are going to go to our #2 and #3 guys a lot. Yea, Lito struggled against manning in the dome, who doesn't? Lito was coming off some GREAT performances. We might want to add another CB not because of production, but because of health issues. [/QUOTE] Exactly.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2]Lito Sheppard is one hell of a #2 CB, just about 30 teams around the league would love to have Lito Sheppard as their #2 CB.[/QUOTE]

You know I do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Lito's been really good at times, and really bad at times especially this past Sunday. Inconsistent. Here's the real problem though - you combine that inconsistency with his tendency to be injured so much and now you have a player that can't be relied on.

Let Lito walk, keep Lowery, draft a corner in the 2nd or 3rd round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3427856]Pass rusher IMO.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine what this defense would look like with an off the edge pass rusher. Scary. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3428230]Lito's been really good at times, and really bad at times especially this past Sunday. Inconsistent. Here's the real problem though - you combine that inconsistency with his tendency to be injured so much and now you have a player that can't be relied on.

Let Lito walk, keep Lowery, draft a corner in the 2nd or 3rd round.[/QUOTE]

Agree, we need someone who is there everyday. But he is more injured than inconsistent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427933]Lito Sheppard is one hell of a #2 CB, just about 30 teams around the league would love to have Lito Sheppard as their #2 CB.

Is he a shut down, lock down, type of #2 CB who's going to shut down #2 WR's all game? No. But he's been playing really solid Football for the Jets as of late.

How can any Jets fan complain about the play of Lito Sheppard? Do you all not remember the pass defense we had last season, with a 34 year old JAG in Ty Law as our #2 CB? Ty Law was a 34 year old CB who couldn't make a break on the ball, couldn't make a play on a WR, and couldn't help this Jets Pass Defense to save his NFL Career.

Believe it or not, Lito Sheppard and Dwight Lowery have been a huge reason why the Jets have the #1 ranked Pass Defense. Jim Leonard too. Leonard and Sheppard are the reasons we aren't a horrid pass Defense like last season, thanks to Law and Elam no longer playing with Revis, Rhodes and Lowery.

I could care less about the Jets front office putting up alot of money @ the CB position; if the Jets are in position to draft Joe Hadden of Florida, they must do it, no matter who is left on the draft board.

The year Revis came out, he was ranked top 3 with 2 other CB's in I believe Hall and Ross. It's now obvious by light years that Revis was the most talented and gifted CB of the draft. This year with Joe Hadden of FLorida? It's already obvious, this kid is the best shut down college CB of the draft. This kid is fast, he's quick, he's strong, he can cover with the best of them, and he's also really solid when it comes down to being able to tackle.

Just like I was a huge fan of Percy Harvin last year, I'm more of a fan of Joe Hadden this season; this is coming from an FSU fan. The SEC has always been known for it's great D's, well, Joe Hadden happens to be one of those amazing SEC Defensive players who can and has taken over games for FLorida. The SEC also has elite talent @ the RB/WR positions, Joe Hadden has held his own.

Just like Revis came in and became the Jets #1 starting CB from just about day one; Joe Hadden would be able to man the #2 CB position since day one, for many of years to come.

Revis and Hadden on the outside would be the most talented-exciting 1-2 punch @ the CB position for many of years to come. Joe Hadden could also be our player to man up on Wes Welker in the slot for 4 quarters strong from here on out.

All in all...Unless the Jets draft Hadden, I'm all for keeping Lito Sheppard but I won't lie...I have Jet dreams just thinking about Joe Hadden.[/QUOTE]

Haden is spelled with one D, just to let you know. And Joe Haden will probably be going in the Top 8 picks so dont expect him to be around when we are on th clock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definately a top flight pass rusher. Another 10 sacks a season and that would make our secondary better even without replacing Lito.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3427856]Pass rusher IMO.[/QUOTE]

Pass rusher/DE and Safety.

Like your sig.