Thread: Pats vs. Texans game

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats vs. Texans game

I'm not sure why everyone's assuming the Pats are going to win this game. That matchup is similar to our game - one team playing for all the marbles against an opponent that's already in the playoffs. I don't think the Texans are just gonna roll over. I'm sure their players and coaches aren't consumed with all the different playoff scenarios. All they know is they have to win and they have a shot.

Plus, who's to say that the Pats really want the 3 seed. There's no major difference in the 3 vs 4 - both host the wildcard game. I even think New England might prefer to be the 4 seed b/c (assuming they win the wildcard game) then they'd face the Colts, a team that - 1) they've had good success against in the past, 2) is not as physical as San Diego, 3) has a spotty record when resting players heading into the playoffs, and 4) is not as hot anymore as the Chargers.

So if New England loses, will the Bengals then play harder for the 3 seed thus putting our chances at risk or will Cinci also prefer the 4 seed?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF the Jets and Ravens win their games. I think it goes that the 3rd seed hosts the Ravens then at SD. 4th seed hosts the Jets then at IND.

So which is the easier path? Hell even I would say the 4th seed. There is no way I would want to play the Ravens then go to SD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots are 2-5 on the road, their only W's have came against horrid teams such as the Bills and Bucs. Only a Patriots homer would think the Pats could beat the Texans, in Houston.

NE also has a pretty bad secondary, Matt Schaub leads the league in passing yards and the Patriots do not have an answer for Andre Johnson.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;3427980]I'm not sure why everyone's assuming the Pats are going to win this game. That matchup is similar to our game - one team playing for all the marbles against an opponent that's already in the playoffs. I don't think the Texans are just gonna roll over. I'm sure their players and coaches aren't consumed with all the different playoff scenarios. All they know is they have to win and they have a shot.

Plus, who's to say that the Pats really want the 3 seed. There's no major difference in the 3 vs 4 - both host the wildcard game. I even think New England might prefer to be the 4 seed b/c (assuming they win the wildcard game) then they'd face the Colts, a team that - 1) they've had good success against in the past, 2) is not as physical as San Diego, 3) has a spotty record when resting players heading into the playoffs, and 4) is not as hot anymore as the Chargers.

So if New England loses, will the Bengals then play harder for the 3 seed thus putting our chances at risk or will Cinci also prefer the 4 seed?[/QUOTE]

OK.... so what's the answer to the question?