Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best Jets memories this decade

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

My best Jets memories this decade

I'm only counting games I attended.

[B]#5.[/B] 11/12/2006: Jets 17 - Patriots 14 - In a monsoon the Jets grind it out and finally shut Bellichoke and the Patsies up. Mangini's best moment as Jets coach IMO.

[B]#4.[/B] 12/22/2002: Jets 30-Patriots 17 - Pats coming off a superbowl year struggling to make the playoffs. Monday Night Football we go to Foxboro and spank them on National TV. It was a great game and awesome tailgate. We eventually steal the division from them the next week.

[B]#3.[/B] 1/4/2003: Playoffs Jets 41-Colts 0: Coming off our improbable division championship, we kill Peyton Manning and the Colts in the first round.

[B]#2.[/B] 10/23/2000: Jets 40 - Fins 37 (OT) - Miracle at the Meadowlands. 'Nuff said except I stayed the whole game. I remember saying in the 2nd half that we would leave if they didn't score this series and they kept scoring. Most exciting game ever!

[B]#1[/B] 12/29/2002: Jets 42 - Packers 17: My favorite day as a Jets fan. The tailgate at 16H prior to the game was outstanding. I remember watching the Pats- Fins game in the lot and eveyone was going crazy when the Fins almost blew the game and it went to OT. It seemed like noone left the lot till the game was over and Miami pulled it out. For once as a Jets fan I knew the Packers were toast. The stadium was rocking more than I can ever remember and we spanked Favre and the Pack. What a great day. Hoping for a similar situation on Sunday!

There it is...what's yours?

Hopefully there will be many more great memories this decade. Starting this Sunday!!

Jets Insider VIP
    1) Jets defeat over Tennessee... 2008.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSobKJYfGjo[/url]

All League
    While this was a road game...the emotional rollercoaster, and thrilling conclusion to the playoff game against San Diego...unmatched this decade.

The 06, 08, and 09 victories over the Pats were also pretty damn awesome.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3428027]I'm only counting games I attended.

[B]#5.[/B] 11/12/2006: Jets 17 - Patriots 14 - In a monsoon the Jets grind it out and finally shut Bellichoke and the Patsies up. Mangini's best moment as Jets coach IMO.

[B]#4.[/B] 12/22/2002: Jets 30-Patriots 17 - Pats coming off a superbowl year struggling to make the playoffs. Monday Night Football we go to Foxboro and spank them on National TV. It was a great game and awesome tailgate. We eventually steal the division from them the next week.

[B]#3.[/B] 1/4/2003: Playoffs Jets 41-Colts 0: Coming off our improbable division championship, we kill Peyton Manning and the Colts in the first round.

[B]#2.[/B] 10/23/2000: Jets 40 - Fins 37 (OT) - Miracle at the Meadowlands. 'Nuff said except I stayed the whole game. I remember saying in the 2nd half that we would leave if they didn't score this series and they kept scoring. Most exciting game ever!

[B]#1[/B] 12/29/2002: Jets 42 - Packers 17: My favorite day as a Jets fan. The tailgate at 16H prior to the game was outstanding. I remember watching the Pats- Fins game in the lot and eveyone was going crazy when the Fins almost blew the game and it went to OT. It seemed like noone left the lot till the game was over and Miami pulled it out. For once as a Jets fan I knew the Packers were toast. The stadium was rocking more than I can ever remember and we spanked Favre and the Pack. What a great day. Hoping for a similar situation on Sunday!

There it is...what's yours?[/QUOTE]

The Packer game and Colt game are right up there for me - Probably the best two-week stretch in my life as a Jet fan. I'd also have to include the Midnight Miracle.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Dennis Byrd walking on the field. Nuff said.

Another one I forgot - the win over Pittsburgh in the snowstorm, when Curtis Martin went nuts.

All Pro
    If we're talking games attended live, I'd say the playoff game against the Coltss, 41-0. It's the only Jets playoff game I've been to, and the stadium was rocking right from the get go. We had something special.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree w/ #1. The scene in the parking lot was surreal as everyone bolted from their tailgates for the stadium, leaving coolers, grills and even TVs unattended. Luckily, my TV was still on top of the truck after the game. When I arrived at my seat it was already 7-0 Jets. I saw us shut down Farve again, this time in GB a few yrs later. I sure hope we get another crack at that diva this year.

1) Jets-Packers-2002 (Thank you Patriots for beating Miami)
    2) Jets-Chargers-2004 (Overtime classic after Barton RTP penalty)
    3) Jets-Raiders-2001 (Hall hits 50 yd FG to win game)
    4) Jets-Pats 2006 (Brady fumbling in the mud to win game)
    5) Jets-Pats 2008 (For the first time I actually thought we could do something special for once)
    Last edited by IM3; 12-31-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Rookie
    The Jets-Packers Game was the greatest moment of the decade for me!!!

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/video/140-jets-vs-packers-12-29-02[/url]

Veteran
    If we are just doing live games then here is my top 3

2006 Jets 13-Miami 10
    2001 Jets at Oakland in week 17
    2008 Jets at Patriots OT win
    2000 Jets 40 Miami 37
    Last edited by Mario; 12-31-2009 at 03:19 PM.

[B][B]#1[/B] 12/29/2002: Jets 42 - Packers 17: My favorite day as a Jets fan. The tailgate at 16H prior to the game was outstanding. I remember watching the Pats- Fins game in the lot and eveyone was going crazy when the Fins almost blew the game and it went to OT. It seemed like noone left the lot till the game was over and Miami pulled it out. For once as a Jets fan I knew the Packers were toast. The stadium was rocking more than I can ever remember and we spanked Favre and the Pack. What a great day. Hoping for a similar situation on Sunday! [/B]

That one was mine too. It was an emotional season.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=B-B-B Bennie;3428038]Dennis Byrd walking on the field. Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Nice, but wrong decade.

Banned

KERYSHAWN JOHNSON SUCKS

Beating big mouth overrated JAG POS Keyshawn Johnson in Tampa was the best Jets memory of my life and will continue to be until we win a Super Bowl.

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2000/0424_large.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.best.undrafted.free.agents/images/wayne-chrebet.jpg[/img]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    WADR, Coach and some the boys moving into my back yard.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    November 18, 2006. It was my birthday and my wife and I came up so that I could see my one and only game at the meadowlands. The Jets lost to the Bears 10-0. The game included a terrible throw by Chad right into Urlacher's arms in the flat as the Jets were driving inside the red zone.

But I had a great time meeting guys from the JI crew and partying at 16H. The best part was walking into the parking lot and seeing a sea of Jets green! For someone who has been a fan since 1967, it was a glorious sight! :yes:

Your Top 3 Jets fan moments for 2000-2009 are?

Mine in no particular order:

2006: Beating Belicheater in NE in the monsoon

2002: 41-0 vs. Colts at home

2009: [B]MAKING THE PLAYOFFS BY BEATING THE BENGALS IN THE LAST HOME GAME EVER AT GIANTS STADIUM[/B] :D
    Last edited by Schroy48; 12-31-2009 at 02:13 PM.

All League

i dont go to many games, but your #1 is my #1. I was also at 16H for my first time, and what a first time it was.

Veteran
    My Top 5 in no particular order:

12/29/02: Jets beat Packers 42-17 after miracle come back by Pats to beat the Dolphins allows us to control our own destiny and we thump Favre and the Packers to win the AFC East.

1/4/03: Jets beat the Manning and the Colts 41-0 on Wild Card Saturday.

1/6/02: Hall kicks the Jets into the playoffs vs. Oakland.

10/23/00: Monday night miracle....nuff said. Gotta put this one up there, still bummed we didn't get into the playoffs that year.

1/8/05: Jets defeat Chargers in San Diego on Wild Card Saturday, 20-17.