Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My best Jets memories this decade

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your top 3 :D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3428027]I'm only counting games I attended.

[B]#5.[/B] 11/12/2006: Jets 17 - Patriots 14 - In a monsoon the Jets grind it out and finally shut Bellichoke and the Patsies up. Mangini's best moment as Jets coach IMO.

[B]#4.[/B] 12/22/2002: Jets 30-Patriots 17 - Pats coming off a superbowl year struggling to make the playoffs. Monday Night Football we go to Foxboro and spank them on National TV. It was a great game and awesome tailgate. We eventually steal the division from them the next week.

[B]#3.[/B] 1/4/2003: Playoffs Jets 41-Colts 0: Coming off our improbable division championship, we kill Peyton Manning and the Colts in the first round.

[B]#2.[/B] 10/23/2000: Jets 40 - Fins 37 (OT) - Miracle at the Meadowlands. 'Nuff said except I stayed the whole game. I remember saying in the 2nd half that we would leave if they didn't score this series and they kept scoring. Most exciting game ever!

[B]#1[/B] 12/29/2002: Jets 42 - Packers 17: My favorite day as a Jets fan. The tailgate at 16H prior to the game was outstanding. I remember watching the Pats- Fins game in the lot and eveyone was going crazy when the Fins almost blew the game and it went to OT. It seemed like noone left the lot till the game was over and Miami pulled it out. For once as a Jets fan I knew the Packers were toast. The stadium was rocking more than I can ever remember and we spanked Favre and the Pack. What a great day. Hoping for a similar situation on Sunday!

There it is...what's yours?[/QUOTE]

Agree with the top 3. And the Green Bay day was phenomenal - clear cut #1

We were litterally rolling around in the parking lot after Vinieteri made the kick. Everyone charged into the stadium soon after and the Jets starting scoring like madmen as soon as we took our seats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][U]My Top 5 Games I Attended[/U][/B]

[B]5. 9/20/09 - Jets 16, Patriots 9[/B]

- The first big win of the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez Era, and it was the second loudest I've heard the building in all my years as a Jets fan/season ticket holder. Great win for the team and really got the fans behind the rookie coach and Quarterback.

[B]4. 11/12/06 - Jets 17, Patriots 14 (in Foxboro[/B])
    - Our first win over Brady and the Pats since 2002, this game was huge and showed that the Jets were a team to be dealt with in the AFC. We all felt as if we finally got our guy in Mangini, and we finally were able to snap the losing streak to the Patriots.

[B]3. 11/13/08 - Jets 34, Patriots 31 (OT in Foxboro)[/B]

- I've been to the last five games up in Foxboro, including the '06 playoff game, and although the '06 game was the first time we beat Brady in 4 years and this game we beat Cassel, this game was for first place, on 4 days rest, and we had Brett Favre. I was sitting in the endzone where Feely's FG sailed through the uprights and it was just a great win, a win that pushed us into 1st place all alone and showed that, at the time, we were serious contenders.

[B]2. 11/10/02 - Jets 13, Dolphins 10[/B]

- Pennington's first SNF game, Ray Lucas returning to town as Miami's starter and I still claim that it was the loudest that I've ever heard the Meadowlands and I've had season tickets since '95. Just a crazy game and the loudest 4 downs ever to end the game I've ever heard. Crazy day.

[B]1. 10/23/00 - Jets 40, Dolphins 37 (OT)[/B]

- Yep,the famous MNF Miracle at the Meadowlands. I was there with my Dad and the kid on my street that I was friends with, as well as my Dad's one client. My dad's client left after halftime because they stopped selling booze at one point (idiot), and I wanted to leave after the 3rd quarter when it was 30-7 because we had school the next day. My Dad said "no, you NEVER leave a game early and if this lasts for hours and the Jets win, you don't have to go to school". And low and behold, he was right, and that is something that I will NEVER forget and therefore I NEVER leave a game early.

Yeah, I know, I don't have '02 GB or '02 IND on either list, wanted to change it up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3428027][B]#1[/B] 12/29/2002: Jets 42 - Packers 17: My favorite day as a Jets fan. The tailgate at 16H prior to the game was outstanding. I remember watching the Pats- Fins game in the lot and eveyone was going crazy when [B]the Fins almost blew the game and it went to OT. It seemed like noone left the lot till the game was over and Miami pulled it out. [/B]For once as a Jets fan I knew the Packers were toast. The stadium was rocking more than I can ever remember and we spanked Favre and the Pack. What a great day. Hoping for a similar situation on Sunday!

There it is...what's yours?[/QUOTE]

That packers-jets game was a great one for us. the phins totally blew their game tho that year. that's what got us in. they had something like a 2 touchdown lead over the pats with not much time left and totally collapsed losing in OT. if you look back at that game it's incredible the way they lost. it was like the stars were all aligning for the jets to make the playoffs at that time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3428027]
    [B]#4.[/B] 12/22/2002: Jets 30-Patriots 17 - Pats coming off a superbowl year struggling to make the playoffs. Monday Night Football we go to Foxboro and spank them on National TV. It was a great game and awesome tailgate. We eventually steal the division from them the next week.
    [/QUOTE]

Wasn't that a Sunday night game, if I remember correctly?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    these are all great memories. My finest is probably the Jets-Jags game that we won to send us to the AFC Championship game against Denver. I remember people hugging and crying that this might be our year. Came within 30 minutes of it being so, but.............

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree with all of the above...don't get to many games live, but I do know how to pick them when I do go.

My favs were
    Colts playoff game
    Monday Night Miracle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no doubt - week 17 vs. Green Bay.
    4:15 start - after about 2 minutes elapsed - they announce Miami knocked off the Pats.
    The division was for the taking....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3428044]If we're talking games attended live, I'd say the playoff game against the Coltss, 41-0. It's the only Jets playoff game I've been to, and the stadium was rocking right from the get go. We had something special.[/QUOTE]

never got to make it to the game but i remember it on tv and i never felt prouder to be a jet fan than that night...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rjsg1112;3428978]these are all great memories. My finest is probably the Jets-Jags game that we won to send us to the AFC Championship game against Denver. I remember people hugging and crying that this might be our year. Came within 30 minutes of it being so, but.............[/QUOTE]

Nice memory, but obviously not this decade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;3428046]1) Jets-Packers-2002 (Thank you Patriots for beating Miami)
    [B]2) Jets-Chargers-2004 (Overtime classic after Barton RTP penalty)[/B]
    3) Jets-Raiders-2001 (Hall hits 50 yd FG to win game)
    4) Jets-Pats 2006 (Brady fumbling in the mud to win game)
    5) Jets-Pats 2008 (For the first time I actually thought we could do something special for once)[/QUOTE]

I get teary-eyed when i remember that game. Back then, the Bolts BandWagon was in its infancy, and i was never as proud to be a Jets fan as that night in San Diego.

The J-E-T-S Chant was alive and well in Qualcomm Stadium, and I was a part of it.:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3428035]While this was a road game...the emotional rollercoaster, and thrilling conclusion to the playoff game against San Diego...unmatched this decade.

The 06, 08, and 09 victories over the Pats were also pretty damn awesome.[/QUOTE]

i was at that game... and it was incredible... i wanted to kill Eric Barton for the personal foul call at end.... but we pulled it out... awesome