Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Underwear Warning

Long Underwear Warning

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PRECIPITATION OCCURS...IT WILL BE WINDY. WINDS WILL SLOWLY INCREASE ON SAT AS THE LOW DEEPENS...BUT AFT OCCLUSION THE STORM WILL BECOME A WIND MACHINE WITH ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS A SOLID POSSIBILITY LATE SAT NIGHT INTO SUN. IF THE LOW FOLLOWS CLOSER TO THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE MODEL GUIDANCE...ISOLATED 50KT GUSTS POSSIBLE WITH H85
    WINDS 50-55KT.

[B]Interpretation:[/B] Sunday Night Temperature Low 20s, Wind Chill 7 degrees, wind gusting over 30 MPH and the possibility of gusting to 50MPH.

The following warnings are in effect.

Difficult Grill Lighting Warning
    Exremely Fast Burning Charcoal Warning
    Canopy Warning:

Please do not leave your vehicle without proper protection on your beer can.:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sec999;3428297]REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PRECIPITATION OCCURS...IT WILL BE WINDY. WINDS WILL SLOWLY INCREASE ON SAT AS THE LOW DEEPENS...BUT AFT OCCLUSION THE STORM WILL BECOME A WIND MACHINE WITH ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS A SOLID POSSIBILITY LATE SAT NIGHT INTO SUN. IF THE LOW FOLLOWS CLOSER TO THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE MODEL GUIDANCE...ISOLATED 50KT GUSTS POSSIBLE WITH H85
    WINDS 50-55KT.

[B]Interpretation:[/B] Sunday Night Temperature Low 20s, Wind Chill 7 degrees, wind gusting over 30 MPH and the possibility of gusting to 50MPH.

Canopy Warning:

Please do not leave your vehicle without proper protection on your beer can.:eek:[/QUOTE]

So.....long underwears are a positive in this bleak scenario of multiple warnings I take it?

:dunno:

_

Itís a simple note to prepare yourself if youíre going to be in the lot several hours before game time. For me, Iíll take the cold, but I despise the wind, especially in that lot.

Jets Insider VIP
    fortunately I still have all the ski gear I brought to Lake Tahoe and have not yet returned it to it's normal resting spot in my condo in Vermont.

thermals, layers, ski pants and jacket, thermal socks, snow boots, hat, glove, hood and skimask if needed

cold, wind

BRING IT ON

I'm going to have to suffer through this brutal weather in Aruba. Peace out, suckas.

GREAT- Now weíre talking possibly 50-60 MPH. Be sure you look at for the kids. This is going be more like an episode of Deadliest Catch. If this was next year, you could grab one of those $700 tickets and have a Martini indoors and watch the game.

THE MAIN ISSUE FOR THE LOCAL AREA WILL BE A STRONG AND GUSTY W TO NW FLOW WITH SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS APPROACHING 50 MPH SAT NIGHT THROUGH SUN EVENING. WOULD EXPECT WINDS TO FALL RIGHT AROUND WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA...BUT IF THE LOW MOVES FARTHER WEST... CANNOT RULE OUT WIND GUSTS OF 55-60 MPH...WHICH WOULD PUT WINDS RIGHT AROUND HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA.

Paulic: Aruba would work for me. Donít pay Giant Stadium/Hotel Beer and snack prices down there. Do yourself a favor and head over to Lind and Sonís Supermarket and load up your fridge. They may even have a website and deliver. Save your money for the good restaurants down there.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sec999;3428297]REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PRECIPITATION OCCURS...IT WILL BE WINDY. WINDS WILL SLOWLY INCREASE ON SAT AS THE LOW DEEPENS...BUT AFT OCCLUSION THE STORM WILL BECOME A WIND MACHINE WITH ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS A SOLID POSSIBILITY LATE SAT NIGHT INTO SUN. IF THE LOW FOLLOWS CLOSER TO THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE MODEL GUIDANCE...ISOLATED 50KT GUSTS POSSIBLE WITH H85
    WINDS 50-55KT.

Canopy Warning:

Please do not leave your vehicle without proper protection on your beer can.:eek:[/QUOTE]

you forgot getting then keeping the grill hot....once it's lit it is a b!tch to get it over 250-degrees when a cold wind is howling....definitely not good chicken grilling weather...

[QUOTE=pauliec;3428365]I'm going to have to suffer through this brutal weather in Aruba. Peace out, suckas.[/QUOTE]

Son of a *****

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [URL="http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___79703"]Duofold Men's Varitherm Expedition Weight 360 Degree Stretch Two-Layer Ankle Length Pants[/URL]

and

[URL="http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___30647"]Duofold Men's Varitherm Expedition Weight 360 Degree Stretch Two-Layer Crewneck[/URL]

This is the ticket.

It keeps you warm and it breathes, which keeps you warm.

So no bonfires in the stands?

All League
    Take this for what its worth but I use to work in extreme cold and wind when I was in the USCG. You want to stay warm? wear a pair of pantie hose:D seriously. We all use to wear them when working on deck in the extreme cold ..Color does not matter...:D

Sweatpants underneath a pair of jeans and everything is fine.

Two t-shirts underneath two sweatshirts and everything is fine.

All League
    Just checked the wx for Sun. night winds NW 20....Yea it gonna be cold as balls but I did not see anything for 40-50NW??

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jets80;3428730]Wear a pair of pantie hose:D seriously. We all use to wear them when working on deck in the extreme cold ..Color does not matter...:D[/QUOTE]

This might generate the 'spark' the Jets are looking for to close out the season.
    BTW, I think the Jets fans should go with the Taupe color, very neutral and
    goes excellent with Green & White! :P

All League
    It's gonna be brutal and I can't wait!

Jets Insider VIP
    thermals, ski pants, shell, sweater, ski parka, hat, gloves, ski mask if it is really brutal

no prob

GO JETS

[QUOTE=jets80;3428730]Take this for what its worth but I use to work in extreme cold and wind when I was in the USCG. You want to stay warm? wear a pair of pantie hose:D seriously. We all use to wear them when working on deck in the extreme cold ..Color does not matter...:D[/QUOTE]

Joe Namath used to do that as well in his playing days.

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec124;3428740]Sweatpants underneath a pair of jeans and everything is fine.

Two t-shirts underneath two sweatshirts and everything is fine.[/QUOTE]

and don't forget the foot warmers. i ordered some from amazon and should be here tomorrow morning. Can't wait for the game.

Hall Of Fame
    even more reason to be annoyed with the rescheduling.
    The league should have put Eagles Cowboys on Sunday night.
    That game is for the division - Our game might not have starters.

That said, my 9 year old will have all these layers and a blanket with him.
    Just hope it doesn't snow with that kind of wind.

Jets Insider VIP
    lets see

we were predicted by all the gloomers and experts to win 5 or 6 games

we already won 8 and now they want to put out win and in game on national television

damn them

damn that woody