Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Underwear Warning

Bring it on baby.

So it begins. The wind has arrived.

Just so you understand what we're up against. We're looking at gale-force winds. It will be pretty rough stuff out there at the stadium that’s for sure. You either hang out in your warm living room just watching on TV or we say the hell with it. We party right through it. What do you say, guys? Are we true Jet Fan Season Ticket Holders for one last time at the stadium or aren't we? Did we support this team for nothing? Ok. Lash down those canopy’s, get those grilles lighted, throw on those nylons. We’re going in the lot for the final ride.

Considering the wind, that 10 point spread is strating to look tempting. I think the Jets will win but not by 10.

All League
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3428422]you forgot getting then keeping the grill hot....once it's lit it is a b!tch to get it over 250-degrees when a cold wind is howling....definitely not good chicken grilling weather...[/QUOTE]

true, might go cold samiches instead...

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=sec999;3429655]So it begins. The wind has arrived.

Just so you understand what we're up against. We're looking at gale-force winds. It will be pretty rough stuff out there at the stadium that’s for sure. You either hang out in your warm living room just watching on TV or we say the hell with it. We party right through it. What do you say, guys? Are we true Jet Fan Season Ticket Holders for one last time at the stadium or aren't we? Did we support this team for nothing? Ok. Lash down those canopy’s, get those grilles lighted, throw on those nylons. We’re going in the lot for the final ride.

Considering the wind, that 10 point spread is strating to look tempting. I think the Jets will win but not by 10.[/QUOTE]

In my experience the wind is not a problem in the stadium (except for the tunnel entrances) but it is brutal in the parking lot.

To the folks wearing layers of cotton, good luck. When you perspire the cotton will hold this moisture and will eventually make you cold.

We're bringing a couple of grills if only for extra heat. The wind does make temperature control a bit of a challenge, but I think the grill I'm bringing - which has the questionable design of a vent a bit higher than the charcoal - is actually helped by strong winds. They help get the temp up a bit, with the downside that I'll burn through charcoal really quickly.

That said, if my buddy wasn't insisting on tailgating, I'd probably train it in right before kickoff, staying indoors until the very last second.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Cornfed;3429934][B][SIZE="5"]We're bringing a couple of grills if only for extra heat. [/SIZE][/B] The wind does make temperature control a bit of a challenge, but I think the grill I'm bringing - which has the questionable design of a vent a bit higher than the charcoal - is actually helped by strong winds. They help get the temp up a bit, with the downside that I'll burn through charcoal really quickly.

That said, if my buddy wasn't insisting on tailgating, I'd probably train it in right before kickoff, staying indoors until the very last second.[/QUOTE]

it would be better if you were bringing a couple of GIRLS for extra heat.

wind, schmind...

NOTHING WILL STOP US TOMORROW

GO JETS!!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Weather dot COM is talking about SNOW

[URL="http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNJ0128?dayNum=1&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared"]WEATHER.COM[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    few snow showers until midnight

wind dropping below the 20 MPH mark all the way down to 18 during the game

GONNA BE FUN

[QUOTE=sg3;3429972]it would be better if you were bringing a couple of GIRLS for extra heat.

wind, schmind...

NOTHING WILL STOP US TOMORROW

GO JETS!![/QUOTE]

I like your idea better than mine!

Go Jets!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Stewdawg;3429908]true, might go cold samiches instead...[/QUOTE]

nah- just go with the quick grilling foods (hot dogs, sausage) and forget about the meat thsat needs time to grill (chicken, ribs)....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buster;3429933]In my experience the wind is not a problem in the stadium (except for the tunnel entrances) but it is brutal in the parking lot.

To the folks wearing layers of cotton, good luck. [B]When you perspire the cotton will hold this moisture and will eventually make you cold.[/B][/QUOTE]

Came here to say this. PLEASE, don't wear cotton against your skin. Get some Under Armour or similar wicking material as your base layer. You can get the Champion C9 brand for about $12 a piece (top and bottom), and it won't chill you later. And be sure to put wool on top of it; sweaters insulate much better than sweatshirts. It's not a fashion show at these temps.

[B]Wind Advisory[/B]

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE...CORRECTED
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
    427 PM EST SAT JAN 2 2010

...STRONG WINDS TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY...

.AN INTENSE WINTER STORM TRACKING INTO THE GULF OF MAINE WILL USHER
    IN VERY STRONG...AND GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS ACROSS THE TRI-STATE
    INTO SUNDAY.

NJZ002>006-011-NYZ067>070-030545-
    /O.EXB.KOKX.WI.Y.0001.100102T2127Z-100103T2300Z/
    WESTERN PASSAIC-BERGEN-EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-ORANGE-
    PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-
    427 PM EST SAT JAN 2 2010

...[B]WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST SUNDAY...
    [/B]
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WIND
    ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST SUNDAY.

NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH TONIGHT....WITH
    GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. THE PERIOD OF STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE LATE
    TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING.

WIND CHILLS OF AROUND...TO SLIGHTLY BELOW ZERO CAN ALSO BE
    EXPECTED AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS OF 31 TO 39 MPH...
    OR GUSTS OF 46 TO 57 MPH...ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. WINDS THIS
    STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE
    VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

Jets Insider VIP
    enough already

we live in the frigging northeast

it is cold at night in January

BFD

LETS GO WATCH SOME FOOTBALL!!!

GO JETS

All League
    what's the policy on bringing backpacks into the stadium these days?

haven't been to the stadium for a few years and can't remember if it was banned last time I was there. I KNOW it was banned when I went to the San Fran game right after 9-11.

Jets Insider VIP
    no backpacks

anything you want to bring in has to be in a clear plastic bag. Unless it is alcohol or firearms in which case it doesn't make a difference what kind of bag it is in

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3430337]no backpacks

anything you want to bring in has to be in a clear plastic bag. Unless it is alcohol or firearms in which case it doesn't make a difference what kind of bag it is in[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jets80;3428730]Take this for what its worth but I use to work in extreme cold and wind when I was in the USCG. You want to stay warm? wear a pair of pantie hose:D seriously. We all use to wear them when working on deck in the extreme cold ..Color does not matter...:D[/QUOTE]

Hell - I do it just to feel sexy.:yes: