Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer candidate for bills HC job

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian Schottenheimer candidate for bills HC job

There is speculation that newly named Bills general manager Buddy Nix will give strong consideration to Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer for the team's vacant head coaching position. The Bills are not expected to retain interim head coach Perry Fewell.

But before Nix considers the Jets' Schottenheimer, he might consider Schottenheimer's father, Marty, the former head coach of the Browns, Chiefs, Redskins and Chargers. Marty has told people he is not interested in returning to the sidelines, but he has been a longtime friend of the 70-year-old Nix. The two were together in San Diego, where Schottenheimer was the head coach and Nix was a member of the team's personnel staff.

Barring a return by Marty Schottenheimer, son Brian might receive consideration, since the Bills are interested in hiring a head coach with a background in offense.

The Bills were already turned down by former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan.

Might be in luck you Brian haters haha. Why would the bills take him with no credaiblitly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what some might call killing two birds with one stone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes to Schotty if he interviews.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to him.

It looks good for the Jets to have coveted assistants.

Schotty may make a better HC than OC. He's a smart and passionate young coach. I wish him well.

As far as his loss goes it could help or hurt the Jets and Mark Sanchez's development. He gets a lot of heat but you could do a lot worse than Brian Schottenheimer but of course, we could do better. I haven't heard of any names that might replace him as our OC if he were to leave.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good riddance!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsCg79wQlE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsCg79wQlE[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3428651]Good riddance!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsCg79wQlE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsCg79wQlE[/URL][/QUOTE]

Good pick on the vid. :cool:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3428631]This is what some might call killing two birds with one stone.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD LUCK SCHOTTY!
    YES! WE LOVE YOU!
    I hope this isn't an April Fool's...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't they seen his playcalling in action?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He doesn't fit in with the way the Jets wanna play by running the ball a ton. I wouldn't be sad at all to see Schotty go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLX

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think you would be upset when an assistant is so coveted that they are receiving head coach speculation.

Me, I'm thrilled. This might be the only way to get him out of here (and it would be to a division rival). No, I don't think he is the worst but I would certainly not say I like the job he has done. I think he is more a byproduct of having a good offensive line and running backs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2010 is shaping up to be a GREAT year

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    im pretty sure the article that i read today and what NFL network was talking about is the ties to marty and not brian so i dont think this would make much sense

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If so, I wish him the best of luck. In the mean time... :banana::byebye: :broccoli: :gbounce: :jump: :pepper

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    too bad, really

it is going to be bad losing a terrific offensive coordinator in Brian

However, the guy's talent is appreciated by people in the league who know something about football as opposed to some of the gloom and doomer dummys who post here and it is likely he will get that HC job after this season

Fortunately Callahan is on board and can effectively fill the big hole in the Jets coaching staff that will result

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3428700]too bad, really

it is going to be bad losing a terrific offensive coordinator in Brian

However, the guy's talent is appreciated by people in the league who know something about football as opposed to some of the gloom and doomer dummys who post here and it is likely he will get that HC job after this season

Fortunately Callahan is on board and can effectively fill the big hole in the Jets coaching staff that will result[/QUOTE]

A drive killing reverse in the Indy game when the run game was working...yeah, the guy's a talent. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    right on cue

a prime example of exactly the type of gloom and doomer "fan" I just described

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3428706]right on cue

a prime example of exactly the type of gloom and doomer "fan" I just described[/QUOTE]

Yep you're right, I'm not a fan because I think we can upgrade our offensive playcalling. :rolleyes: