Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer candidate for bills HC job

I hope this becomes a reality. Brian shottenheimer is not coaching material. Watching how he has ran this offense with Chad, Clemens ,and Farve at the helm proves that. He is even killing Sanchez's development. If he goes to Buffalo they will be at the bottom of the AFC East for many years to come. I would welcome it. First the Jets will have a a team will be in ruins in Buffalo and finally the Jets can promote Callahan to offensive Coordinator who is leaps and bound ahead of Shottenheimer.
    Oh by the way Dick Juaron was a highly rated assistant just like Shottenheimer and look at Buffalo. Shottenheimer isnt to the level of Dick Juaron as an assistant so I dont see him doing any better in Buffalo. I give him 3 years and he will be gone too. Buffalo can give the Jets a great after Christmas present by hiring Shottenheimer.

[QUOTE=PAJET;3428953]Fair enough, but unless Sanchez audibles frequently, Schotty called the reverse against the Colts and Schotty called the pass plays against the Bills when he knew his QB was struggling and the running game was rolling. Schotty also calls the plays on 3rd downs with shotgun and empty backfield with a rookie.

I understand that Schotty is handicapped with a rookie qb. Certain struggles are to be expected. But why not more screens early to get him in a rythm?

SG - you say it is not the OC it is the qb. What in your opinion then makes Schotty a good OC?[/QUOTE]

Couple things:

- I have no problem with the Bills game because we ran the ball FORTY times that day. FORTY. For 300+ yards. The Bills ran the ball 42 times that day and still got off 30 passes. They just didn't throw 5 INTs in those 30 passes. Ryan friggin Fitzpatrick threw 25 of those passes.

- Who do we throw the screens to? Two of their favorite players to run screens to...Stuckey and Leon...aren't on the team right now. We don't really have any smart, small, quick guy that can break open on a screen right now, though they try with Woodhead.

- What makes Schotty a good OC to me is that I like how he uses our players, and I like that he knows our players. That's all you can really ask of an OC, because he's not playing. Leon Washington isn't wasted as just a RB. He understands the dynamics of the WR/QB relationship to get two outside WRs, even if we lost a good player/slot WR in Stuckey. I don't even see the problem with our offense "only" being in the top 20 this year...no one expected better until they got all excited over the 3-0 start...even with Sanchez's 20+ INTs we still are pretty damn good in the point differential department. It's just a bunch of fan noise because Jets fans love to b*tch. Looooooove to b*tch.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-01-2010 at 02:51 PM.

[QUOTE=NYJ89;3428627]There is [B][SIZE="6"]speculation[/SIZE][/B] that newly named Bills general manager Buddy Nix will give strong consideration to Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer for the team's vacant head coaching position.[/QUOTE]

nuff said

All League
    :byebye:

Veteran
    The irony is that the Bills are considering hiring a guy that handed a game to them on a silver platter with his inexcusably atrocious playcalling. The Jets run for 300+ yards against them but Scharty decides he wants to have a rookie QB fling the ball all over the yard in 20-30 mph winds resulting in five INT's. Bye, Bye Scharty!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3429084]The irony is that the Bills are considering hiring a guy that handed a game to them on a silver platter with his inexcusably atrocious playcalling. The Jets run for 300+ yards against them but Scharty decides he wants to have a rookie QB fling the ball all over the yard in 20-30 mph winds resulting in five INT's. Bye, Bye Scharty!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was a mole in our organization and this was his initiation into the Bills club...throw the game and make sure the Bills win. The fix was in. :yes:

[QUOTE=sg3;3428700]too bad, really

it is going to be bad losing a terrific offensive coordinator in Brian

However, [B]the guy's talent is appreciated by people in the league who know something about football as opposed to some of the gloom and doomer dummys who post here[/B] and it is likely he will get that HC job after this season

Fortunately Callahan is on board and can effectively fill the big hole in the Jets coaching staff that will result[/QUOTE]

Wow, just, wow ............... dude, you f*cking kill me :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3429222]Wow, just, wow ............... dude, you f*cking kill me :eek:[/QUOTE]

It's really funny how some people THINK they know so much more about football when they are so blind isn't it?

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429230]It's really funny how some people THINK they know so much more about football when they are so blind isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Indeed :yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429230]It's really funny how some people THINK they know so much more about football when they are so blind isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I have ALMOST given up on Gato. The guy is blind and he doesn't even have one of those "feeler poles" they use.

I really have to laugh at the 'self proclaimed experts'........seriously what is their basis for their 'exceptional football knowledge' over everyone else? Techmo Bowl? Madden '07? Cracks me up :D

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3428776]I don't believe any team is really interested in Schiße. What has this guy done to convince anyone that he can be an NFL HC? How many QBs has he groomed? Innovative offenses designed? Right. So now the Bills or anybody else is going to see his stellar accomplishments and turn over their team? Not a f**king chance.[/QUOTE]

+1 ..thats why schotty will be back unless rex is blowing smoke up our arsses and is looking for his replacemant already!!

[IMG]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I wish Mr. Shottenheimer the very very best of luck in any potential Head Coach Interviews he recieves this forthcoming offseason.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3429297]I wish Mr. Shottenheimer the very very best of luck in any potential Head Coach Interviews he recieves this forthcoming offseason.[/QUOTE]

Fish, you being facetious? Reverse psychology? :D

All League
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3429313]Fish, you being facetious? Reverse psychology? :D[/QUOTE]

No, he's not being facetious - he just wants Schotty gone!:yes:

Veteran

I have a feeling you're missing the irony of that comment, but allow me to try to explain it. A professional team (the Bills) clearly has at least some interest in Schotty. It would stand to reason that in their research, they clearly would have seen something that they liked, or there would have been no interest there. You normally seem to think that anyone who has the nerve to point out the fallacies of Schotty-bashers is convinced that they are smarter than everyone else, but aren't you essentially declaring that you're more intelligent than the Bills front office, since you, and the other "experts" on the board have clearly established that SCHOTTY SUX!!!!, but the Bills FO seems to disagree.

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3429368]I have a feeling you're missing the irony of that comment, but allow me to try to explain it. A professional team (the Bills) clearly has at least some interest in Schotty. It would stand to reason that in their research, they clearly would have seen something that they liked, or there would have been no interest there. You normally seem to think that anyone who has the nerve to point out the fallacies of Schotty-bashers is convinced that they are smarter than everyone else, but aren't you essentially declaring that you're more intelligent than the Bills front office, since you, and the other "experts" on the board have clearly established that SCHOTTY SUX!!!!, but the Bills FO seems to disagree.[/QUOTE]

DID YOU NOT SEE HE CALLED A REVERSE AGAINST THE COLTS AND KILLED OUR DRIVE!?!?!?!? WE ONLY WON BY TWO TDS!!!!!! THAT WAS A HUGE, COSTLY PLAY!!@!@!!1!?1

No, but for serious harping on individual play calls just seems so...limiting.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-01-2010 at 07:43 PM.

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3429368]I have a feeling you're missing the irony of that comment, but allow me to try to explain it. A professional team (the Bills) clearly has at least some interest in Schotty. It would stand to reason that in their research, they clearly would have seen something that they liked, or there would have been no interest there. You normally seem to think that anyone who has the nerve to point out the fallacies of Schotty-bashers is convinced that they are smarter than everyone else, but aren't you essentially declaring that you're more intelligent than the Bills front office, since you, and the other "experts" on the board have clearly established that SCHOTTY SUX!!!!, but the Bills FO seems to disagree.[/QUOTE]

NJHerd wins the award for most polite ripping of a crazy comment. Exactly right, man. None of Schotty's defenders here have claimed to be "smarter" than anyone else. No one has said he's not without fault. His supporters are simply laying the bulk of the blame of our offensive struggles elsewhere (primarily with the QB, where most of it lies).

People who are actually involved in the NFL, and don't just watch it, have made it clear that the man is head-coaching material. Whether or not he'll be a success is unknown - Jauron is a good example of a solid coordinator who didn't make a great coach. But I for one wouldn't be surprised if Schotty developed into a Sean Payton-like coach, once he finds his Brees-like quarterback. And I don't base that opinion on the above-average results he's obtained with a rookie QB, or the struggles he faced with scrubs like Pennington and Clemens.

'06 & '08 were good years for our offense. If you want to run a coach out of town because he couldn't make Clemens accurate enough to hit a guy 10 yards down the field and because he "forced" Sanchez to throw interceptions as a rookie, then that's your prerogative. But people who get paid in this business, including our HC, think he has some talent. I tend to agree, and if he comes back next year I expect some drastic improvements in the offensive productivity. Change is not always good.

Or it's super reverse psycology - get the Jets to think we have such a great OC that has potential to even be a HC and maybe we wouldn't get rid of his butt!

not sure i like the play-calling but i could say that about many years!