Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer candidate for bills HC job

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=NYJ89;3428627]There is speculation that newly named Bills general manager Buddy Nix will give strong consideration to Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer for the team's vacant head coaching position. The Bills are not expected to retain interim head coach Perry Fewell.

But before Nix considers the Jets' Schottenheimer, he might consider Schottenheimer's father, Marty, the former head coach of the Browns, Chiefs, Redskins and Chargers. [B]Marty has told people he is not interested in returning to the sidelines, but he has been a longtime friend of the 70-year-old Nix.[/B] The two were together in San Diego, where Schottenheimer was the head coach and Nix was a member of the team's personnel staff.

Barring a return by Marty Schottenheimer, son Brian might receive consideration, since the Bills are interested in hiring a head coach with a background in offense.

The Bills were already turned down by former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan.

Might be in luck you Brian haters haha. Why would the bills take him with no credaiblitly[/QUOTE]
    Marty would fit right in with that over-the-hill gang! :D

All Pro

Wait a tick...

This story just might have some legs after all:

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/02/martys-son-expected-to-get-shot-in-buffalo/[/url]

[i]Marty's son expected to get a shot in Buffalo
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 2, 2010 5:43 PM ET
    In my haste to post the news that Brian Billick will interview for the Bills, I missed another big item at the bottom of Jason Cole's report for Yahoo! Sports.

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is expected to interview for the Bills head coaching job, too.

The interview makes sense. When Buddy Nix was hired as the new Bills G.M., there was speculation than Brian's dad Marty could be in the mix for the job. But Nix also has a history with Brian, who coached in San Diego before moving to New York.

A conspiracy theorist (none around here) may wonder if the Bills could possibly land a package Schottenheimer deal, but the elder has said he doesn't want to return to coaching.[/i]

Hall Of Fame
    just mentioned it again during the Bills game that Shotty is a candidate.

All Pro
    Please, please, please...