Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We get NO RESPECT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

We get NO RESPECT

From ESPN:

"Congratulations, Jets. You've qualified for the playoffs, and a wild-card trip to Foxboro next weekend, by beating Curtis Painter and J.T. O'Sullivan in the second half of two straight games. What pride you must be feeling."

Go F*CK yourself, ESPN. Did we not earn the win AT Houston? How about vs. New England? We were able to beat the beatable teams like Oakland, Buffalo, Tampa - unlike Pittsburgh - so how do we not deserve the playoffs? We beat the teams we needed to throughout the season, unlike other teams that will be missing out on the playoffs.

We kept it close against the 14-0 colts; when the starters came out of the game, the score was 15-10 and we were looking like we could have a great shot at winning the game anyway.

I think it's complete bullsh*t for the media and NFL fans overall to think the Jets are finding an easy way into the playoffs. We WILL win on Sunday night and we WILL deserve that spot in the playoffs.

...Defense wins championships......who knows what will happen...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bravesQB718;3428695]From ESPN:

"Congratulations, Jets. You've qualified for the playoffs, and a wild-card trip to Foxboro next weekend, by beating Curtis Painter and J.T. O'Sullivan in the second half of two straight games. What pride you must be feeling."

Go F*CK yourself, ESPN. Did we not earn the win AT Houston? How about vs. New England? We were able to beat the beatable teams like Oakland, Buffalo, Tampa - unlike Pittsburgh - so how do we not deserve the playoffs? We beat the teams we needed to throughout the season, unlike other teams that will be missing out on the playoffs.

We kept it close against the 14-0 colts; when the starters came out of the game, the score was 15-10 and we were looking like we could have a great shot at winning the game anyway.

I think it's complete bullsh*t for the media and NFL fans overall to think the Jets are finding an easy way into the playoffs. We WILL win on Sunday night and we WILL deserve that spot in the playoffs.

...Defense wins championships......who knows what will happen...[/QUOTE]

IMO, you EARN respect, respect is not just handed out. That being said, WTF are we gonna do when the Colts pull their starters, not play? Ridiculous. The way I see it, the only way for us to earn some level of respect is to win a playoff game and that is entirely possible with these 2 games vs. the Bengals. We need to be opportunistic and take advantage of the situation that has been presented us during what is shaping up to be a 9-7 campaign.
    Last edited by RageATL; 01-01-2010 at 08:05 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's just hope Rex gets copies of this (and other such media reflections on the Jets backing-in) and presents them to the team (NOT the press conferences) as motivation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No respect

Like you, i feel the jets have a very good team with a rookie qb and a coach trying to change its culture which contained acceptance for failue and mediocrity. This season has shown glimpes of brillience and views of "the sale ole Jets" One thing is for certain, the Jets Def can carry this team all the way. Lets get ready for the Jets making some wins happen--respect will take care of itself.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pcavanagh;3428718]Like you, i feel the jets have a very good team with a rookie qb and a coach trying to change its culture which contained acceptance for failue and mediocrity. This season has shown glimpes of brillience and views of "the sale ole Jets" One thing is for certain, the Jets Def can carry this team all the way. Lets get ready for the Jets making some wins happen--respect will take care of itself.[/QUOTE]

Respect has to be earned, winning the division would be a good start, and unfortunately football requires you to use all three phases D, O, and ST's....... GO JETS!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]

sar works for espn?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

That's Peter King on CNNSI

...Defense wins championships......who knows what will happen...[/QUOTE]

LOL. If you're going to complain about someone, at least get the person and website correct.

That's [B][I][SIZE="7"]Peter King of CNNSI[/SIZE][/I][/B]. Everyone knows that.

In any event, King is wrong because the Jets would play the Bengals.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funny part about all of this is that the "deserving" teams that are getting knocked out are losing to garbage teams as well and not taking care of business. I am sure many would say the Steelers deserve to get in... well guess what we took care of Oakland when we got our shot. Miami... we knocked off Houston when the opportunity came. So for all those commentators that are blabbing on about how we are an deserving, what exactly have the other wild card hopefuls show to garner the "deserving" label. IF we are gonna argue coulda woulda shoulda then the Jets have at least 3-5 games that should have been wins so don't get me started.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Win Sunday's game first, then start talking R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Jets came out of TC hot and went 3-0 but that was almost 3 months ago.

Since then they have beaten powerhouse teams such as Carolina,Buffalo,Oakland and Tampa. They were given the Indy game no matter what Jet homers say or think.

When they played the Patriots last, the Jets were humiliated. Yes, they beat the Pats in NY the second game of the season. Neither that Patriot squad nor the current Jet squad is the same.

Jets have an excellent chance of beating Bungles IN NY. Cincy may even pull their starters. Looking at Jets and their schedule at the beginning of this season, most would have predicted a 8-8 or 9-7 season for them, which is about where they end up. Nobody predicted a playoff spot likely.

Enjoy the ride if you get into playoffs. It may be short lived, but it will be a good experience for the rookie qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3428741]Win Sunday's game first, then start talking R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Since then they have beaten powerhouse teams such as Carolina,Buffalo,Oakland and Tampa. They were given the Indy game no matter what Jet homers say or think.

When they played the Patriots last, the Jets were humiliated. Yes, they beat the Pats in NY the second game of the season. Neither that Patriot squad nor the current Jet squad is the same.

Jets have an excellent chance of beating Bungles IN NY. Cincy may even pull their starters. Looking at Jets and their schedule at the beginning of this season, most would have predicted a 8-8 or 9-7 season for them, which is about where they end up. Nobody predicted a playoff spot likely.

Enjoy the ride if you get into playoffs. It may be short lived, but it will be a good experience for the rookie qb.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets get in I think they'd beat the Bengals in a rematch.

I'm hoping for a divisional round matchup of Jets-Chargers and Ravens-Colts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3428746]If the Jets get in I think they'd beat the Bengals in a rematch.

I'm hoping for a divisional round matchup of Jets-Chargers and Ravens-Colts.[/QUOTE]

Pats fans would like a Pats-Colts rematch. Revenge factor. Don't want any part of Chargers the way they are playing. Bungles played them tough in SD last time out losing by a FG. Some teams match up well with others. Cincy beat both Steelers and Ravens twice.

Maybe stars align for Jets and Sanchez turns into Namath in playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3428752]Pats fans would like a Pats-Colts rematch. Revenge factor. Don't want any part of Chargers the way they are playing. Bungles played them tough in SD last time out losing by a FG. Some teams match up well with others. Cincy beat both Steelers and Ravens twice.

Maybe stars align for Jets and Sanchez turns into Namath in playoffs. Stranger things have happened.[/QUOTE]

Yet, this is a Jets website, so everyone has high expectations. No one cares who the Patriots or Colts or Bengals play or want to play.

If the fans can't be ultra positive on this website, then where can they? The Patriot fans come here and think that they can post on here and put Jet fans in their place, for what? Just post and be part of the discussion, instead of always trying to one-up Jet fans by keeping them in check.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3428741]Win Sunday's game first, then start talking R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Enjoy the ride if you get into playoffs. It may be short lived, but it will be a good experience for the rookie qb.[/QUOTE]

I GUARANTEE that by next year when the PATS* are the next 49ers.... jag offs like this guy won't post here.

PAT* fans are bigger front runners than Steeler fans. Well, maybe not that bad.

NO Brady... NO fan base of jag offs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for this team to earn some "national" respect they'll have to win a game, or two in the playoffs.

However, I'm pretty happy with things as is, as long as they win this weekend. As a fan, with a rookie QB, I'll take a playoff birth. However, why should you or I, as a fan of the team, expect anything from national media. Not the most impressive way to earn the spot. Deal with the truth and stop crying about national respect. Any team in the situation would get the same treatment. It's not because it's "the Jets."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3428785]If you are looking for this team to earn some "national" respect they'll have to win a game, or two in the playoffs.

However, I'm pretty happy with things as is, as long as they win this weekend. As a fan, with a rookie QB, I'll take a playoff birth. However, why should you or I, as a fan of the team, expect anything from national media. Not the most impressive way to earn the spot. Deal with the truth and stop crying about national respect. Any team in the situation would get the same treatment. It's not because it's "the Jets."[/QUOTE]

People who know football know what the deal is.

The Jets are a talented team which has been miscoached and riddled with turnovers and injuries this year. Once Ryan learns how to coach, Sanchez controls his INTs, and the team manages to stay healthy (key players especially), they have a chance to be a consistent 10 win team. Hell, we could have been a 10 win team had one thing gone our way in all those games.

Let's start by winning on Sunday, and go from there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3428767]I GUARANTEE that by next year when the PATS* are the next 49ers.... jag offs like this guy won't post here.

PAT* fans are bigger front runners than Steeler fans. Well, maybe not that bad.

NO Brady... NO fan base of jag offs.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you post this same post after the 2001 season, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that.

Every year I see the same kind of "we are closing the gap" quotes, yet there hasn't been a single season since 2001 where the Jets have had more wins than the Pats ---- NOT ONE.

BTW- The Pats have had continuous sellouts since 1993, long before Brady was in college. We are no more front runners than long suffering Jet fans, except we haven't suffered nearly as long. ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3428699]IMO, you EARN respect, respect is not just handed out. That being said, WTF are we gonna do when the Colts pull their starters, not play? Ridiculous. The way I see it, the only way for us to earn some level of respect is to win a playoff game and that is entirely possible with these 2 games vs. the Bengals. We need to be opportunistic and take advantage of the situation that has been presented us during what is shaping up to be a 9-7 campaign.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Look, I'm not tooting our horn after beating the Colts' second team but I'm not apologetic either. The Colts [B]CHOSE[/B] to rest their stars and it seems like the only way the win would've been legitimate is if we took out our stars also.

So what would all the football experts and analysts prefer - the #1 playoff seed resting its stars (something that's done all the time) or two squads with backups on the field (essentially a pre-season game) in December?

But if we do get in, we have a good chance of beating whomever we face, especially the Bengals. Would that shut the critics up?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3428821]Didn't you post this same post after the 2001 season, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that.

Every year I see the same kind of "we are closing the gap" quotes, yet there hasn't been a single season since 2001 where the Jets have had more wins than the Pats ---- NOT ONE.

BTW- The Pats have had continuous sellouts since 1993, long before Brady was in college. We are no more front runners than long suffering Jet fans, except we haven't suffered nearly as long. ;)[/QUOTE]

1) I thought you put me on ignore. I'm proud to know you have some balls.

2) I joined JI in 2005 so the 2001 reference????

3) I began posting that THIS year (2009) you would diminish. While not as much as I thought, this aint the 2007 Pats*** and the future is bleaker than ever for you.

4) There are post after post throughout this site from PAT* fans of how many front runners are in NE. Not my perception but reality confirmed by your own.

FOR THE RECORD..... I rooted for the PATS* in 2001. I met Andre Tippet in 1984 in NYC when you played the JETS. His college teammate Darrel _____, was a co worker of mine. I used to like the PATS* in a respectful way until guys like you act like experts.

We are all fans, no more , no less. You take yourself too seriously as to a few JI guys, in my view.

YOU guys are the next 49ers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3428839]1) I thought you put me on ignore. I'm proud to know you have some balls.

2) I joined JI in 2005 so the 2001 reference????

3) I began posting that THIS year (2009) you would diminish. While not as much as I thought, this aint the 2007 Pats*** and the future is bleaker than ever for you.

4) There are post after post throughout this site from PAT* fans of how many front runners are in NE. Not my perception but reality confirmed by your own.

FOR THE RECORD..... I rooted for the PATS* in 2001. I met Andre Tippet in 1984 in NYC when you played the JETS. His college teammate Darrel _____, was a co worker of mine. I used to like the PATS* in a respectful way until guys like you act like experts.

We are all fans, no more , no less. You take yourself too seriously as to a few JI guys, in my view.

[B]YOU guys are the next 49ers.[/B][/QUOTE]

You mean go into a period of "teh suck"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston-NY rivalries and trash talking have been going on ever since Babe Ruth. This isn't something new. Jets got best of Pats with the Cumar deal. Pats fhad to patch together a backfield and running game for years. Not one Jet fan felt bad about it.

Jets are now suffering thru a rookie QB'S growing pains and injuries. Pats fans don't care. Guess that makes me a doosh.

I'd hate to think NY fans were thin skinned.