Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We get NO RESPECT

All Pro
    we'll get respect when we start putting back to back wins over competitive teams... teams over .500, and so far we haven't done that.

All Pro
    I think we'll need to get at least one playoff win to get respect. If we go into Cincy and beat them in their house, we'll get some respect.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Austin;3429117]I think we'll need to get at least one playoff win to get respect. If we go into Cincy and beat them in their house, we'll get some respect.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I think if we beat Cincy they'll attribute it to them having a bad game. Due to our inconsistancy, I think we'll probably have to win a couple playoff games before we start turning heads. It stinks but that's the bed we made.
    It's sort of like the SOJ mentality, there are 19 losses a year that can support that theory, but only one win that can disprove it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]Guess that makes me a doosh[/B]

yup

fauxchowd finally gets it

Trying not to sound too harsh, but, frankly, I don't think the jets [I]deserve[/I] undue respect, given how much trash their HC has talked all season, along with the Swaggerlicious nonsense from guys like Bart Scott and Kerry Rhodes. You talked big, especially after the impressive start and these chickens coming home to roost are what's been well earned. May sound harsh, but I think most honest jet fans will at least see that as a legit perspective.

Jets Insider VIP
    trying not to sound too harsh but frankly your disingenuous subjectivity ruins the content of any of the swill you post here

make yourself an outtake

[QUOTE=sg3;3429174]trying not to sound too harsh but frankly your disingenuous subjectivity ruins the content of any of the swill you post here

make yourself an outtake[/QUOTE]

Nice effort avoiding the subject. Try again.

Banned
    A leopard can't change his spots. Doesn't matter where he posts, the content is the same.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3429155]Trying not to sound too harsh, but, frankly, I don't think the jets [I]deserve[/I] undue respect, given how much trash their HC has talked all season, along with the Swaggerlicious nonsense from guys like Bart Scott and Kerry Rhodes. You talked big, especially after the impressive start and these chickens coming home to roost are what's been well earned. May sound harsh, but I think most honest jet fans will at least see that as a legit perspective.[/QUOTE]

The Jets are clearly no juggernaut, but I think it's a bit preposterous to penalize them for the way the schedule worked out, and claim that teams like Pittsburgh (losing to Oakland, KC, and Cleveland late in the season) deserves to be in instead.

Let's be honest -- outside of the top two teams, the AFC is mediocre. There's a reason that the Jets controlled their own destiny at 7-7: nobody else stepped up. In fact, just about everyone else choked.

With the number of brutal, heartbreaking losses we've had this year, no Jet fan has to apologize for anything... If we make the playoffs, we will have made it winning 5 of our last 6 games. If that means the Steelers deserved it more than us (losing to three awful teams in that span) to some people, so be it. I respectfully disagree.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Austin;3429224]The Jets are clearly no juggernaut, but I think it's a bit preposterous to penalize them for the way the schedule worked out, and claim that teams like Pittsburgh (losing to Oakland, KC, and Cleveland late in the season) deserves to be in instead.

Let's be honest -- outside of the top two teams, the AFC is mediocre. There's a reason that the Jets controlled their own destiny at 7-7: nobody else stepped up. In fact, just about everyone else choked.

With the number of brutal, heartbreaking losses we've had this year, no Jet fan has to apologize for anything... If we make the playoffs, we will have made it winning 5 of our last 6 games. If that means the Steelers deserved it more than us (losing to three awful teams in that span) to some people, so be it. I respectfully disagree.[/QUOTE]

Great post dude.

And while the Colts game most likely would have went in the Colts direction had all the starters played the whole game, its is complete BS to assume 100% certainly that would have been the case.

THATS WHY GAMES ARE PLAYED.

a 5 point lead isnt by ANY means an insurmountable amount of points to come back from.

All League
    Respect is earned in my book, the Jets have earned nothing.
    If the Jets get a playoff spot then earning is possible.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=bravesQB718;3428695]From ESPN:

"Congratulations, Jets. You've qualified for the playoffs, and a wild-card trip to Foxboro next weekend, by beating Curtis Painter and J.T. O'Sullivan in the second half of two straight games. What pride you must be feeling."

Go F*CK yourself, ESPN. Did we not earn the win AT Houston? How about vs. New England? We were able to beat the beatable teams like Oakland, Buffalo, Tampa - unlike Pittsburgh - so how do we not deserve the playoffs? We beat the teams we needed to throughout the season, unlike other teams that will be missing out on the playoffs.

We kept it close against the 14-0 colts; when the starters came out of the game, the score was 15-10 and we were looking like we could have a great shot at winning the game anyway.

I think it's complete bullsh*t for the media and NFL fans overall to think the Jets are finding an easy way into the playoffs. We WILL win on Sunday night and we WILL deserve that spot in the playoffs.

...Defense wins championships......who knows what will happen...[/QUOTE]

You know how Rex talks smack and other teams laugh it off saying its just going up on their bulletin board..... I am POSITIVE articles like this are all bulletin board material in East Rutherford this weekend! I hope ESPN and Yahoo! (check out their main page tonight - yikes!) keep it up cause you are going to have some pissed off players come Sunday out to prove they belong in the post-season.

Once again, the Jets are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

I stopped caring what the critics and haters have had to say, that's why I go on this site, where intelligent Jets fans can heap praise upon the team when they win, and bash them when they deserve it, and vise versa.

However, I do somewhat agree that we have done nothing yet to be crying about getting respect. If we win these next two games than we have accomplished something. I also believe that Rex will know how to use this to our advantage to get the team fired up for Sunday.

We can only hope to get better every year until we reach that promised land.

Like I said before, every coach would kill to create an "Us against the world" mentality in their locker room. The media is doing the job for us.

Screw the media, who cares what they think? We're in this spot because we earned this shot (At least moreso then the other teams have).

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3429155]Trying not to sound too harsh, but, frankly, I don't think the jets [I]deserve[/I] undue respect, given how much trash their HC has talked all season, along with the Swaggerlicious nonsense from guys like Bart Scott and Kerry Rhodes. You talked big, especially after the impressive start and these chickens coming home to roost are what's been well earned. May sound harsh, but I think most honest jet fans will at least see that as a legit perspective.[/QUOTE]

The NFL is one of the most boring sporting bodies that exist. "No-Fun-League" is not an exaggeration. If players like OchoCinco want to do a little celebratory thing in the endzone, or god forbid if coaches exude any confidence, geez, label them as outcasts and root for the sky to fall on them so you can tell your buddies "I told you so".

And I do like to see the swagger on the field as much as the press conferences, but at least our coach isn't some robot. He has emotions and passion for the sport. Something the NFL hasn't found a way to completely strip out of football just yet.

Lots of players write checks with their mouths that their body's can't cash on game day. Too bad Belechik has the entire NE organization too scared to breathe too loudly otherwise your players may enjoy having an opinion once in a while too..

The season boils down to just 19 Sundays (or around 19 hours) of game time. Baseball covers that the first 2 weeks. So without some stuff to talk about during the week, it would be a long and boring season. Especially for Jets fans ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    RESPECT is for losers

WINNING SUPERBOWLS is for winners

and in the decade from 2010-2019, YOUR New York Jets will win at least THREE of them

[QUOTE=Austin;3429224]The Jets are clearly no juggernaut, but I think it's a bit preposterous to penalize them for the way the schedule worked out, and claim that teams like Pittsburgh (losing to Oakland, KC, and Cleveland late in the season) deserves to be in instead.

With the number of brutal, heartbreaking losses we've had this year, no Jet fan has to apologize for anything... If we make the playoffs, we will have made it winning 5 of our last 6 games. If that means the Steelers deserved it more than us (losing to three awful teams in that span) to some people, so be it. I respectfully disagree.[/QUOTE]
    Who the hell is penalizing the Jets here? This isn't college football where writers and other coaches can drop a team in a poll for a perceived weaker schedule or any other outside factor. I still don't get why so many people care if someone says the Jets are overrated, got lucky, etc. It has absolutely no impact on whether the team is given a chance to prove itself.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=ryan44;3429583]Who the hell is penalizing the Jets here? This isn't college football where writers and other coaches can drop a team in a poll for a perceived weaker schedule or any other outside factor. I still don't get why so many people care if someone says the Jets are overrated, got lucky, etc. It has absolutely no impact on whether the team is given a chance to prove itself.[/QUOTE]

+1

Preach on.

Is that Skeletor in your Avatar? Looks like hes been bangin the iron.:eek:

That's the problem with you whiney insecure Pat fans, Rex hasn't talked trash, he's taking over a team that has a history of losing and the inability to get over the hump, and he's trying to change the culture of the organization and has been installing a mindset and attitude he wants out of his team, but you sensitive queerbaits can't handle it.

Call it whatever you want, the Jets of years past could have folded after tough losses against the Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, and Jax, they are still in it, controlling their own destiny. Any other team, you'd give them credit, but because they are the Jets, you pathetic Pat fans cry about it.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3429606]That's the problem with you whiney insecure Pat fans, Rex hasn't talked trash, he's taking over a team that has a history of losing and the inability to get over the hump, and he's trying to change the culture of the organization and has been installing a mindset and attitude he wants out of his team, but you sensitive queerbaits can't handle it.

Call it whatever you want, the Jets of years past could have folded after tough losses against the Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, and Jax, they are still in it, controlling their own destiny. Any other team, you'd give them credit, but because they are the Jets, you pathetic Pat fans cry about it.[/QUOTE]
    Rex hasn't talked trash? That's a load of crap and you know it. There's nothing wrong with trash talking as a player or coach, they just get called out on it when they don't produce enough results to back up what they said.