Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Wouldn't Jets Play Colts with playoff win?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165

    Wouldn't Jets Play Colts with playoff win?

    Just considering hypotheticals at this point, as Jets first have to beat Bengals Sunday, BUT, if Jets beat Bengals in rematch and Pats win, wouldn't Jets play Colts next (lowest seed vs. highest seed)?

    Best story line ever would be if Jets beat Colts in that game... the team that rested its best players to let in the team that took it down.... anyway, just fantasizing. Work to be done before we get to that crazy scenario....

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,717
    If the Jets win..theyd play the Bengals then winner plays Colts. If we got that far...I'd rather not play the Colts

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Just considering hypotheticals at this point, as Jets first have to beat Bengals Sunday, BUT, if Jets beat Bengals in rematch and Pats win, wouldn't Jets play Colts next (lowest seed vs. highest seed)?

    Best story line ever would be if Jets beat Colts in that game... the team that rested its best players to let in the team that took it down.... anyway, just fantasizing. Work to be done before we get to that crazy scenario....
    This is where the problems start, and hearts get crushed.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,145
    Jets vs. Colts in the divisional round...sign me up!






  5. #5
    If Jets are 5 and win, and the 6th seed wins...Jets will go to SD.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,191
    That sounds good, but it is not a lock. If the Ravens beat the Pats and we beat the Bengals, then we (5th seed) go the Chargers, and the Ravens (6th seed) go to the Colts.

    Then, when the Ravens beat the Colts and we beat the Chargers, then we have a home plyoff game for the right to go to the SB. Go Jets!

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    If the Jets win, it sounds like they'd be the 5th seed.

    If they beat the Bengals again, things get re-seeded again. Highest seed vs Lowest seed.

    So if the 3 wins, we'd be the lowest seed and play the Colts.

    If the 6 wins, we'd be the higher seed and play the Chargers.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,008
    if the Jets don't win the whole dang thing

    as long as the Cheating Douchebags get eliminated, it will be fine with me

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    If Jets are 5 and win, and the 6th seed wins...Jets will go to SD.
    correct

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This is where the problems start, and hearts get crushed.
    Nah, losing to Atlanta or Buffalo or the second Miami game were crushers, but from here on out I see it as frosting on a very unlikely cake. Each victory now is more than I expected and the games are actually enjoyable to watch. I'm good.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    244
    IF we get to that point I definitely don't want to Play San Diego....Been watching them all year and they are way better than the Colts... Just my opinion.....

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    Definitely would much rather face the Colts than the Chargers. But maybe we should worry about winning THIS week first...

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Definitely would much rather face the Colts than the Chargers. But maybe we should worry about winning THIS week first...
    Nah. We're just the fans - let the team worry about showing up. It's more fun to think about your team winning, right? We're all thinking that the Bengals are probably the best possible 1st round matchup for the team. We're all thinking that the Colts game was close with Manning in it, even if the secondary was getting worked. This might be the last chance to pretend this team might do some damage in the postseason, let's take it.

    For the record, I'd prefer SD. Manning's already a motivated QB, and now there's no way he's not going to have an extra incentive to beat the team he didn't get to finish off earlier.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us