Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ANyone going to watch the Winter Classic?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3429161]they should really try and have old time match-ups in these games...Rangers/Bruins, Red Wings/Canadians, Hawks/Maple Leafs....[/QUOTE]

NBC refuses to let the NHL let a Canadian team play in the Winter Classic because they don't air NBC on basic cable in Canada. A Winter Classic in Yankee Stadium would most likely bring Rangers vs. Capitals because they want Ovechkin in the spotlight. A mistake in my opinion because rivalry games are more exciting, but NBC only cares about ratings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3429161]they should really try and have old time match-ups in these games...Rangers/Bruins, Red Wings/Canadians, Hawks/Maple Leafs....[/QUOTE]

what about best one of all islanders/rangers say at yankee stadium???:yes::yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryan10;3429413]what about best one of all islanders/rangers say at yankee stadium???:yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

That would be entertaining as hell for us New Yorkers but NBC would say "No thanks" since it would be double-dipping in the New York market. NBC wants two big markets involved.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Yankee Stadium can't host the Winter Classic. Yankee Stadium is hosting a bowl game (between Big 12 and Big East teams) sometime between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryan10;3429413]what about best one of all islanders/rangers say at yankee stadium???:yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Who wants to see the ISLANDERS?:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3429184]They tried to play up the Philly Boston rivalry earlier. THey had that meathead Curt Schilling on, naturally, to speak on it...:rolleyes:

Not only have I been, but I've been kicked out!:yes: Still loved the place though.[/QUOTE]
    What does 32 do to be booted from said venue?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3430170]What does 32 do to be booted from said venue?[/QUOTE]

Before I was married, my wife worked in Boston, so I was up there pretty regularly. (And I love NE, Boston....just not the teams:D) We went to a game, the dudes behind us (about 8 or so drunken eejits) started saying sh*t to my lovely, so I figured the only way to avoid a beat down by them all when I objected, was to act like a nut which I did. A little yelling, screaming, an offer to fight fight them all, the usual.

Security showed up, saw two NY'ers, and 8 Masswholes and made the obvious decision.

I couldnt blame them.:D

I've seen the same at Yankee stadium, so its not unique to Fenway.