Thread: Hack Beat Writers

All League

Hack Beat Writers

Hey Cimini, the link below is an example of outstanding journalism. You should take note, as you continue to write garbage story after garbage story.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/12/new_zone_scheme_is_opening_doo.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    pretty interesting that tne newark star ledger has this guy and hutch and the frigging daily news is stuck with a dick as a jet beat writer

+1 to how the comments under that article degenerated immediately into anti-schott. Seems we all get it...except for the people making the decisions for the Jets.

[QUOTE=Bmiggsey;3428957]Hey Cimini, the link below is an example of outstanding journalism. You should take note, as you continue to write garbage story after garbage story.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/12/new_zone_scheme_is_opening_doo.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Translation: anytime someone writes a positive article about the Jets, it's Pulitzer-worthy. Otherwise, the writer is a hack. Got it.

[QUOTE=Toooon;3429028]Translation: anytime someone writes a positive article about the Jets, it's Pulitzer-worthy. Otherwise, the writer is a hack. Got it.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think that was his point and that certainly has not been my point all these years. I WANT honesty and if the Jets suck tell me why. What I do not want are writers who CREATE story lines and issues. Rich Cimini spent an entire training writing stories about how unhappy an average, 30 year old guard was with his contract. As another writer said that summer; "the story about a disgruntled 30 year old guard is maybe a two day story, maybe. Only in NY does that story get written about for the entire summer".

There is a difference between an honest and fair criticism of a player/team and yellow journalism and muckraking.

[QUOTE=Toooon;3429028]Translation: anytime someone writes a positive article about the Jets, it's Pulitzer-worthy. Otherwise, the writer is a hack. Got it.[/QUOTE]

No. The point is the article is an informative football piece of writing as opposed to the "same old jets", "Jets will blow their chances" type of articles that most Jet beat writers produce.

Manish Mehta the writer is very good and does a great job writing these type of articles.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3429063]No. The point is the article is an informative football piece of writing as opposed to the "same old jets", "Jets will blow their chances" type of articles that most Jet beat writers produce.

Manish Mehta the writer is very good and does a great job writing these type of articles.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY the point

read the article

and then compare it with any selected drivel vomited up by the Dick from the Daily News

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bmiggsey;3428957]Hey Cimini, the link below is an example of outstanding journalism. You should take note, as you continue to write garbage story after garbage story.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/12/new_zone_scheme_is_opening_doo.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Great read...thanx for the link.

Banned
    Cimini and Myers are Fing pricks... I hope they have a $hit new year.

Jets Insider VIP
    stopped buying the daily news earlier this season because of those two turds.

canizzaro is pretty good in the Post

[QUOTE=sg3;3429163]stopped buying the daily news earlier this season because of those two turds.

canizzaro is pretty good in the Post[/QUOTE]

Do they actually still print newspapers?;)