Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wizard teammates pull guns on each other

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3429880]The next tragedy after that would be me having to read another one of your posts.[/QUOTE]

Put me on ignore. BTW Vin, Coming from you, your post is extremely complementary to me, thanks xxoo :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gun help solve problems. These two were having an argument that was solved with a gun. What's the issue here? There is no difference between two NBA players settling a debt with firearms and two cowboys on the high plains in 1885 solving a land dispute with firearms.

A gun is a great negotiation tool. It's amazing how quickly someone will see your side of things once a weapon is brandished. It's quite useful during my company's board meetings...some board members LOVE to ask too many f*cking questions, until they feel a circle of cold steel pressed against the base of their skull. They they TOTALLY understand where I was coming from.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3429725]If David Stern doesn't suspend these two guys for the year, HE is a joke. The NBA has really gone totally downhill.[/QUOTE]

Careful...your gonna get labeled.:steamin:

I wouldn't go to an NBA game with free tickets.

I go to LOTS of college games. Tonite, UNCC/Ga Tech.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3429041]When guns are outlawed only point guards will have guns. Then what.[/QUOTE]

Then what? How about wide-open lanes and jumpers? Huh?

I weep for the Forwards. :(

:P;):D:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3429320]I guess these guys are now pro prospects then:

Four Vols players arrested near campus

Associated Press
    KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Four Tennessee basketball players, including starting senior forward Tyler Smith, were charged with gun possession and other counts after a Friday traffic stop.

The Knoxville Police Department said Smith, 23, junior point guard Melvin Goins, 22, junior center Brian Williams, 22, and sophomore guard Cameron Tatum, 21, were arrested during a traffic stop for speeding near Tennessee's campus.

According to a police report, officers smelled marijuana coming from the car and found a handgun with an altered serial number, a bag of marijuana and an open container of alcohol. Tatum was driving.

Officers could not determine whether any of the players were under the influence of marijuana, though the strong odor suggested marijuana had recently been smoked in the car, the police report said.

Tatum was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and having an open container of alcohol. Smith was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm with an altered serial number, which is a felony. Goins and Williams both face gun and drug possession charges.

Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl said in a statement that the team takes such matters seriously.

"We are still gathering information. Once the appropriate authorities have provided us with all of the facts, we will act accordingly," Pearl said in the statement.

It was not immediately clear if any of the players had attorneys.

The Volunteers won at Memphis 66-59 on Saturday afternoon and face Charlotte in Knoxville on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaa? I don't even want to shoot baskets when I am high.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3430554]Then what? How about wide-open lanes and jumpers? Huh?

I weep for the Forwards. :(

[/QUOTE]

:applause:

:alien:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is an investigation, when charges come along then you can speak out as strongly about the subject. You are speculating because you hate the NBA.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3429854]Rumor? The police and the NBA are involved. This is a real matter.
    You defending these pieces of garbage? Were you a Plaxico fan as well? He's off the street. Vick served a couple. Too bad all of them aren't banished.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3429821]The next tragedy, if they did kill each other, would be here on JI with posters telling us what saints these scumbags were and how much potential we lost.[/QUOTE]

You're right, that's [I]way[/I] worse than wishing death upon two human beings :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3433698]It is an investigation, when charges come along then you can speak out as strongly about the subject. You are speculating because you hate the NBA.[/QUOTE]

Can we speak out strongly now?

[B][SIZE=4]NBA suspends Gilbert Arenas indefinitely[/SIZE][/B]

The NBA has fired back at Gilbert Arenas. The league suspended the embattled Washington Wizards sharpshooter this afternoon indefinitely and without pay, officials said.

NBA Commissioner David Stern said in a statement posted on the league's Web site that Arenas’ actions will “ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse.”

The suspension comes as Arenas could be hit with felony weapons charges that carry heavy prison time for bringing guns across state lines.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_suspends_gilbert_arenas_indefinitely_vTxit2UAL0GUGi2G3rZwXN#ixzz0bsWGCKL6[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess once a thug always a thug ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, now that facts are in and the NBA has acted on them.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3438719]Can we speak out strongly now?

The NBA has fired back at Gilbert Arenas. The league suspended the embattled Washington Wizards sharpshooter this afternoon indefinitely and without pay, officials said.

NBA Commissioner David Stern said in a statement posted on the league's Web site that Arenas’ actions will “ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse.”

The suspension comes as Arenas could be hit with felony weapons charges that carry heavy prison time for bringing guns across state lines.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_suspends_gilbert_arenas_indefinitely_vTxit2UAL0GUGi2G3rZwXN#ixzz0bsWGCKL6[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3438719]Can we speak out strongly now?

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT][/QUOTE]Oh boy there are a lot of people going to follow this one. I smell Al Sharpton's hair nearby...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3439252]I smell Al Sharpton's hair nearby...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://mp.hairboutique.com/_images/products/sns_curl_activator_gel_extra_dry_hair_350w.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3429725]If David Stern doesn't suspend these two guys for the year, HE is a joke. The NBA has really gone totally downhill.[/QUOTE]

A year??? :eek:

If David Stern's penalty is anthing less than a lifetime ban for both of these losers, then Stern should be forced to resign.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3439284]If David Stern's penalty is anthing less than a lifetime ban for both of these losers...[/QUOTE]

Why is that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3439285]Why is that?[/QUOTE]
    Any other job in the world, you get fired on the spot for pulling a gun out at work. Why would this be different?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3439301]Any other job in the world, you get fired on the spot for pulling a gun out at work. Why would this be different?[/QUOTE]

You can't compare the NBA to "any other job in the world". If I caught my supervisor in the throat with a thrown elbow, I would also get fired. In the NBA, that isn't viewed as such a bad thing.

:P

Besides, it's not like anyone got shot in the face or anything :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3439324]You can't compare the NBA to "any other job in the world". If I caught my supervisor in the throat with a thrown elbow, I would also get fired. In the NBA, that isn't viewed as such a bad thing.

:P

Besides, it's not like anyone got shot in the face or anything :D[/QUOTE]It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

Would be cool if we could clothesline a few co-workers every now and then, Terry Tate style.

"Hey Paul, you think you could take a look at.. WHAM!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3439285]Why is that?[/QUOTE]

I am not against guns and I believe in the right to bear arms, but...

1) IMO, only a thug would pull a gun on his teammate in a locker room. To me that is FAR worse than just posessing a gun, disregarding NBA rules. Once a thug... always a thug. I do not see rehabilatation as a realistic possiblity. Consequently, it is likely there will be future episodes.

2) It looks very bad for NBA when something like this happens.

So in order to nip this problem in the bud, I think both players should be banned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3439324]You can't compare the NBA to "any other job in the world". If I caught my supervisor in the throat with a thrown elbow, I would also get fired. [B]In the NBA, that isn't viewed as such a bad thing.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Not a fair comparison.

The comparable analogy In the NBA would be if you caught your coach in the throat with a thrown elbow. That WOULD be viewed as a bad thing.