Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Jets team, under Rex Ryan, has been one of the most exciting Jet teams ever...

Banned

This Jets team, under Rex Ryan, has been one of the most exciting Jet teams ever...

Keep in mind, I can only speak for myself. I loved the 1998 Jets, never seen a Jets team that fun to watch since; we had Parcells, Martin, Chrebet, a talented O-Line, a Bill Parcells type of Defense, Broadway Vinny, Keyshawn Johnson, and we also made it to the AFC Championship game. What could have been.

Here in 09, And now 20010? We have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez that I'm really starting to enjoy. I just happen to believe that Mark Sanchez is going to turn out to become the Jets Franchise QB for many of years to come. The type of QB that we can build our Offense around, the type of QB that can become the face of this Jets Franchise, as Jeter is to the Yankees. The type of young talented QB that we can build our team around during the draf and free agency.

These are just some of the reasons why I've enjoyed watching this rookie compete out there on the football field this season. I've always expected rookie mistakes, I'm still expecting future mistakes from Sanchez over the years, but I'm also thankful, that as a Jets fan, I'm even in a position to watch our coaching staff attempt to develope this top 5 draft pick into a Franchise type of QB, I'm also enjoying the fact that this young rookie QB has shown us all that he can at least compete in this league.

The Patriots have Tom Brady.
    The Colts have Peyton Manning
    The Steelers have Big Ben.
    The Eagles have Donovan McNabb.
    The Bengals have Carson Palmer.
    The Chargers have Philip Rivers.
    The Cowboys have Romo.
    The Giants have Eli Manning.

The Packers had Brett Favre; now the Vikings have #4.
    The Rams had Kurt Warner; now Fitz, Boldin and the Cards enjoy Kurt Warner.
    The Chargers had Drew Brees; now the Saints are blessed with their Franchise QB.

Each and every one of those QB's are Franchise types of QB's. Each and every one of those teams, have been in a strong position to make a strong playoff run just about each and every year with those Franchise QB's under center. Each and every one of those teams have either been in the SB, or been considered and respected as SB Contenders for many of years now.

I just really enjoy watching Sanchez and this Jets Offense, because I believe in about 2-3 seasons...Our Jets Offense will be flying high with the types of players and overall talent we have.

Just watching this team, as a fan, has really been something else for me this season.

Just about each and every NFL team would love to have the LT and C positions filled with elite talent. When I think of our O-Line, I think of Ferguson and Mangold and just the thought of having these two guys for the next 10+ years is something to be pumped up about.

It's always been fun watching Thomas Jones rush the football. It was a huge blow when we lost Leon Washington, but damn... We really do have a special talent in Shonn Greene. Yeah, he's had like 3-4 fumbles this season, but he also leads all rookies in average yards per carry; thats something to build off of. Thats always been an important stat in my eyes, thats how I enjoy judging RB success, thats just because I feel average yards per rushing attempt is a huge aspect in running back success.

We really haven't had a 6'3+ type of #1 talent at the WR position since Keyshawn Johnson, I'm enjoying Braylon Edwards. Yeah, he's had some tough drops and mistakes on the football this season, but he's also made huge play after huge play. And if anything, I like to believe that he's A) Good for our offense, B) Good for the future success of Mark Sanchez and the Jets and C) Good for our rushing attack, because he's a player that opposing secondary's and D's must account for and every once in a while, must double cover. I've just really enjoyed having Edwards and Cotchery as our 1-2 punch and honestly believe the 1-2 punch of Edwards and Cotchery can be elite over the next 5+ seasons.

The Saints have Shockey, the Ravens have Heap, the Colts have Clark, the Chiefs had Gonzalez, the Chargers have Gates, the Falcons have Gonzalez, the Cowboys have Witten and the 49ers have Davis. I've always enjoyed watching talented pass catching TE's and thats what I see in Dustin Keller; a real talent at the TE position. He has the talent, ability and potential to become a serious X-Factor for Sanchez and the Jets over the years. Dustin Keller was ranked as the Nations #1 pass cathing TE talent coming out of the draft last season as a rookie... I really expect huge success from Dustin Keller over the years.

Words just cant explain how I feel about this Jets team as of right now, so I'll stop right about now. Players like Revis and Sheppard on the outside, Harris and Scott as our 1-2 punch at the IMLB position, a D-Line thats played with nothing but heart and guts, a Defense that ranks #1 overall, #1 against the pass, have allowed the fewest points in the league, talent @ the Safety position with Rhodes, Leonard and Smith, Brad Smith starting to make plays for the Jets, Jay Feely having a career year, Dwight Lowery and Strickland making for a nice 1-2 punch at the Nickel/Dime positions, Calvin Pace putting pressure on opposing QB's from the outside for 4 quarters strong, our O-Line leading the way for Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, and the league's #1 overall rushing attack, a head coach in Rex Ryan who makes it known that he believes in this team, these players, and this franchise, a rushing attack and Defense that can lead the way for Sanchez and the Jets during the playoffs.

This has just been an exciting time for me as a Jets fan.

A win this week, against the Bengals, and as fans, we could be watching something special in the making. I seen it with the Rays of 2008, and I'm getting these same types of feelings with this Jets team of 2009 and now 2010.

Banned
    Hopefully they are even better here in 200010!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3429109]
    Words just cant explain how I feel about this Jets team as of right now, so I'll stop right about now.

[I][COLOR="Red"]*Here, watch as he continues*[/COLOR][/I]

Players like Revis and Sheppard on the outside, Harris and Scott as our 1-2 punch at the IMLB position, a D-Line thats played with nothing but heart and guts, a Defense that ranks #1 overall, #1 against the pass, have allowed the fewest points in the league, talent @ the Safety position with Rhodes, Leonard and Smith, Brad Smith starting to make plays for the Jets, Jay Feely having a career year, Dwight Lowery and Strickland making for a nice 1-2 punch at the Nickel/Dime positions, Calvin Pace putting pressure on opposing QB's from the outside for 4 quarters strong, our O-Line leading the way for Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, and the league's #1 overall rushing attack, a head coach in Rex Ryan who makes it known that he believes in this team, these players, and this franchise, a rushing attack and Defense that can lead the way for Sanchez and the Jets during the playoffs.

A win this week, against the Bengals, and as fans, we could be watching something special in the making. I seen it with the Rays of 2008, and I'm getting these same types of feelings with this Jets team of 2009 and now 2010.[/QUOTE]

lolz

_

[QUOTE][B]I just really enjoy watching Sanchez and this Jets Offense[/B][/QUOTE]

hahahahaha, wow are you for serious?

Jets Insider VIP
    Love the enthusiasm and YES I was excited most of the time but let me tellya...

Buffalo game 1, Atlanta, .....not excatly exciting.:steamin:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429112]Hopefully they are even better here in 200010![/QUOTE]

Hey, we started off 3-0 but like they say, it's not about how you start, it's about how you finish and the Jets now have a chance to go 5-1 during the past 6 games heading into the playoffs with a W, this Sunday Night, against the Bengals, @ Home, for what could be the last game ever played @ Giants Stadium or as Jet fans like to say; The Meadowlands.

Lets see what this Jets team can do here in 2010, it all starts against the Bengals; cant wait!

Jets Insider VIP
    on target

most exciting Jet team ever not counting the Super Bowl Champion 2010-2011 team and the other two or more Championship teams of the 2010-2019 decade

THE DECADE OF THE JETS

A for enthusiasm.

Only B for content because you can't be serious that this offense is a joy to behold. The first 2 quarters of every game our offense is miserable to watch. Later in the game when our running game gets going, I'll agree it's pretty nice. With Callahan as OC in 2010 we will be able to develop Sanchez into a QB who can use the pass to set up the run, rather than our current method of using defense attrition to set up the run.

Banned
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3429124]Love the enthusiasm and YES I was excited most of the time but let me tellya...

Buffalo game 1, Atlanta, .....not excatly exciting.:steamin:[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, I just find myself having a whole lot more of positive things to talk about when talking about the Jets team, rather than some of the negative aspects and parts of this 2009 season.

I know the Jets have lost some tough games, we read about those tough L's in just about each and every thread, we've lost some key players, but this Jets team is still in position to make the playoffs with the #1 ranked Defense and #1 ranked rushing attack in the game today.

For every negative thought I've had about this Jets team, 10 more positive thoughts follow.

Banned
    Here's to the Jets and starting 2010 and beyond off right!

:beers::first_pla:beers::boozin:

Sorry, even though they broke my heart, Al Groh's Jets were the "most exciting" Jets team for my money. The midnight miracle, the flashlight game, 4 come from behind victories and they really should have beaten the eventual SB champion Ravens in the final week to make the playoffs.

09/03/00 @ Green Bay 20-16
    09/11/00 New England 20-19
    09/17/00 Buffalo 27-14
    09/24/00 @ Tampa Bay 21-17
    10/08/00 Pittsburgh 3-20
    10/15/00 @ New England 34-17
    10/23/00 Miami 40-37
    10/29/00 @ Buffalo 20-23
    11/05/00 Denver 23-30
    11/12/00 @ Indianapolis 15-23
    11/19/00 @ Miami 20-3
    11/26/00 Chicago 17-10
    12/03/00 Indianapolis 27-17
    12/10/00 @ Oakland 7-31
    12/17/00 Detroit 7-10
    12/24/00 @ Baltimore 20-34

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3429144]With all due respect, I just find myself having a whole lot more of positive things to talk about when talking about the Jets team, rather than some of the negative aspects and parts of this 2009 season.

I know the Jets have lost some tough games, we read about those tough L's in just about each and every thread, we've lost some key players, but this Jets team is still in position to make the playoffs with the #1 ranked Defense and #1 ranked rushing attack in the game today.

For every negative thought I've had about this Jets team, 10 more positive thoughts follow.[/QUOTE]

HEY! I LOVE the JETS. I was breaking your balls.

I haven't been this excited since the anticipation of losing my virginity!:yes:

I'd rather actually win the games we are supposed to and blow out the teams we overmatch and have a lot of 'exciting' games. This team has been entertaining to follow because they have more lives than a cat.

You may want to bear in mind that the Patriots have managed to win the AFC East despite this clearly being a bridge year, particularly as it comes to the D, and have performed (and coached) as dubiously on offense as you can expect them to for the next handful of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

take a hike, chowd troll

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3429109]Keep in mind, I can only speak for myself. I loved the 1998 Jets, never seen a Jets team that fun to watch since; we had Parcells, Martin, Chrebet, a talented O-Line, a Bill Parcells type of Defense, Broadway Vinny, Keyshawn Johnson, and we also made it to the AFC Championship game. What could have been.

Here in 09, And now 20010? We have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez that I'm really starting to enjoy. I just happen to believe that Mark Sanchez is going to turn out to become the Jets Franchise QB for many of years to come. The type of QB that we can build our Offense around, the type of QB that can become the face of this Jets Franchise, as Jeter is to the Yankees. The type of young talented QB that we can build our team around during the draf and free agency.

These are just some of the reasons why I've enjoyed watching this rookie compete out there on the football field this season. I've always expected rookie mistakes, I'm still expecting future mistakes from Sanchez over the years, but I'm also thankful, that as a Jets fan, I'm even in a position to watch our coaching staff attempt to develope this top 5 draft pick into a Franchise type of QB, I'm also enjoying the fact that this young rookie QB has shown us all that he can at least compete in this league.

The Patriots have Tom Brady.
    The Colts have Peyton Manning
    The Steelers have Big Ben.
    The Eagles have Donovan McNabb.
    The Bengals have Carson Palmer.
    The Chargers have Philip Rivers.
    The Cowboys have Romo.
    The Giants have Eli Manning.

The Packers had Brett Favre; now the Vikings have #4.
    The Rams had Kurt Warner; now Fitz, Boldin and the Cards enjoy Kurt Warner.
    The Chargers had Drew Brees; now the Saints are blessed with their Franchise QB.

Each and every one of those QB's are Franchise types of QB's. Each and every one of those teams, have been in a strong position to make a strong playoff run just about each and every year with those Franchise QB's under center. Each and every one of those teams have either been in the SB, or been considered and respected as SB Contenders for many of years now.

I just really enjoy watching Sanchez and this Jets Offense, because I believe in about 2-3 seasons...Our Jets Offense will be flying high with the types of players and overall talent we have.

Just watching this team, as a fan, has really been something else for me this season.

Just about each and every NFL team would love to have the LT and C positions filled with elite talent. When I think of our O-Line, I think of Ferguson and Mangold and just the thought of having these two guys for the next 10+ years is something to be pumped up about.

It's always been fun watching Thomas Jones rush the football. It was a huge blow when we lost Leon Washington, but damn... We really do have a special talent in Shonn Greene. Yeah, he's had like 3-4 fumbles this season, but he also leads all rookies in average yards per carry; thats something to build off of. Thats always been an important stat in my eyes, thats how I enjoy judging RB success, thats just because I feel average yards per rushing attempt is a huge aspect in running back success.

We really haven't had a 6'3+ type of #1 talent at the WR position since Keyshawn Johnson, I'm enjoying Braylon Edwards. Yeah, he's had some tough drops and mistakes on the football this season, but he's also made huge play after huge play. And if anything, I like to believe that he's A) Good for our offense, B) Good for the future success of Mark Sanchez and the Jets and C) Good for our rushing attack, because he's a player that opposing secondary's and D's must account for and every once in a while, must double cover. I've just really enjoyed having Edwards and Cotchery as our 1-2 punch and honestly believe the 1-2 punch of Edwards and Cotchery can be elite over the next 5+ seasons.

The Saints have Shockey, the Ravens have Heap, the Colts have Clark, the Chiefs had Gonzalez, the Chargers have Gates, the Falcons have Gonzalez, the Cowboys have Witten and the 49ers have Davis. I've always enjoyed watching talented pass catching TE's and thats what I see in Dustin Keller; a real talent at the TE position. He has the talent, ability and potential to become a serious X-Factor for Sanchez and the Jets over the years. Dustin Keller was ranked as the Nations #1 pass cathing TE talent coming out of the draft last season as a rookie... I really expect huge success from Dustin Keller over the years.

Words just cant explain how I feel about this Jets team as of right now, so I'll stop right about now. Players like Revis and Sheppard on the outside, Harris and Scott as our 1-2 punch at the IMLB position, a D-Line thats played with nothing but heart and guts, a Defense that ranks #1 overall, #1 against the pass, have allowed the fewest points in the league, talent @ the Safety position with Rhodes, Leonard and Smith, Brad Smith starting to make plays for the Jets, Jay Feely having a career year, Dwight Lowery and Strickland making for a nice 1-2 punch at the Nickel/Dime positions, Calvin Pace putting pressure on opposing QB's from the outside for 4 quarters strong, our O-Line leading the way for Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, and the league's #1 overall rushing attack, a head coach in Rex Ryan who makes it known that he believes in this team, these players, and this franchise, a rushing attack and Defense that can lead the way for Sanchez and the Jets during the playoffs.

A win this week, against the Bengals, and as fans, we could be watching something special in the making. I seen it with the Rays of 2008, and I'm getting these same types of feelings with this Jets team of 2009 and now 2010.[/QUOTE]

I agree they're fun to watch, but dude, seriously, please be more concise. I enjoy your opinions, but I don't want to have to print them and take them to the bathroom so I have time to read them. :)

DWC2, do you pop ecstacy before you post? :eek:

[QUOTE=sg3;3429178]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

take a hike, chowd troll[/QUOTE]

Which part do you refute? Let's hear it.

Banned
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3429169]You may want to bear in mind that the Patriots have managed to win the AFC East despite this clearly being a bridge year, particularly as it comes to the D, and have performed (and coached) as dubiously on offense as you can expect them to for the next handful of years.[/QUOTE]

You losers are OUT as soon as you leave Foxboro and have no access to your wiretapped signals.

[QUOTE=Jet Hustle;3429191]DWC2, do you pop ecstacy before you post? :eek:[/QUOTE]

That's funny shayt right there :D