Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Jets team, under Rex Ryan, has been one of the most exciting Jet teams ever...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    stfu!

Every different thread....same old $hit.

Now granted I didn't really read this one, but GET A LIFE man

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets offensive is frustrating not exciting. This thread is a jet spankfest

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Hustle;3429191]DWC2, do you pop ecstacy before you post? :eek:[/QUOTE]

too funny
    i agree with OP though, this has been a wild ride. at least the jets have a "new look" now in many ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3429109]Keep in mind, I can only speak for myself. I loved the 1998 Jets, never seen a Jets team that fun to watch since; we had Parcells, Martin, Chrebet, a talented O-Line, a Bill Parcells type of Defense, Broadway Vinny, Keyshawn Johnson, and we also made it to the AFC Championship game. What could have been.

Here in 09, And now 20010? We have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez that I'm really starting to enjoy. I just happen to believe that Mark Sanchez is going to turn out to become the Jets Franchise QB for many of years to come. The type of QB that we can build our Offense around, the type of QB that can become the face of this Jets Franchise, as Jeter is to the Yankees. The type of young talented QB that we can build our team around during the draf and free agency.

These are just some of the reasons why I've enjoyed watching this rookie compete out there on the football field this season. I've always expected rookie mistakes, I'm still expecting future mistakes from Sanchez over the years, but I'm also thankful, that as a Jets fan, I'm even in a position to watch our coaching staff attempt to develope this top 5 draft pick into a Franchise type of QB, I'm also enjoying the fact that this young rookie QB has shown us all that he can at least compete in this league.

The Patriots have Tom Brady.
    The Colts have Peyton Manning
    The Steelers have Big Ben.
    The Eagles have Donovan McNabb.
    The Bengals have Carson Palmer.
    The Chargers have Philip Rivers.
    The Cowboys have Romo.
    The Giants have Eli Manning.

The Packers had Brett Favre; now the Vikings have #4.
    The Rams had Kurt Warner; now Fitz, Boldin and the Cards enjoy Kurt Warner.
    The Chargers had Drew Brees; now the Saints are blessed with their Franchise QB.

Each and every one of those QB's are Franchise types of QB's. Each and every one of those teams, have been in a strong position to make a strong playoff run just about each and every year with those Franchise QB's under center. Each and every one of those teams have either been in the SB, or been considered and respected as SB Contenders for many of years now.

I just really enjoy watching Sanchez and this Jets Offense, because I believe in about 2-3 seasons...Our Jets Offense will be flying high with the types of players and overall talent we have.

Just watching this team, as a fan, has really been something else for me this season.

Just about each and every NFL team would love to have the LT and C positions filled with elite talent. When I think of our O-Line, I think of Ferguson and Mangold and just the thought of having these two guys for the next 10+ years is something to be pumped up about.

It's always been fun watching Thomas Jones rush the football. It was a huge blow when we lost Leon Washington, but damn... We really do have a special talent in Shonn Greene. Yeah, he's had like 3-4 fumbles this season, but he also leads all rookies in average yards per carry; thats something to build off of. Thats always been an important stat in my eyes, thats how I enjoy judging RB success, thats just because I feel average yards per rushing attempt is a huge aspect in running back success.

We really haven't had a 6'3+ type of #1 talent at the WR position since Keyshawn Johnson, I'm enjoying Braylon Edwards. Yeah, he's had some tough drops and mistakes on the football this season, but he's also made huge play after huge play. And if anything, I like to believe that he's A) Good for our offense, B) Good for the future success of Mark Sanchez and the Jets and C) Good for our rushing attack, because he's a player that opposing secondary's and D's must account for and every once in a while, must double cover. I've just really enjoyed having Edwards and Cotchery as our 1-2 punch and honestly believe the 1-2 punch of Edwards and Cotchery can be elite over the next 5+ seasons.

The Saints have Shockey, the Ravens have Heap, the Colts have Clark, the Chiefs had Gonzalez, the Chargers have Gates, the Falcons have Gonzalez, the Cowboys have Witten and the 49ers have Davis. I've always enjoyed watching talented pass catching TE's and thats what I see in Dustin Keller; a real talent at the TE position. He has the talent, ability and potential to become a serious X-Factor for Sanchez and the Jets over the years. Dustin Keller was ranked as the Nations #1 pass cathing TE talent coming out of the draft last season as a rookie... I really expect huge success from Dustin Keller over the years.

Words just cant explain how I feel about this Jets team as of right now, so I'll stop right about now. Players like Revis and Sheppard on the outside, Harris and Scott as our 1-2 punch at the IMLB position, a D-Line thats played with nothing but heart and guts, a Defense that ranks #1 overall, #1 against the pass, have allowed the fewest points in the league, talent @ the Safety position with Rhodes, Leonard and Smith, Brad Smith starting to make plays for the Jets, Jay Feely having a career year, Dwight Lowery and Strickland making for a nice 1-2 punch at the Nickel/Dime positions, Calvin Pace putting pressure on opposing QB's from the outside for 4 quarters strong, our O-Line leading the way for Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, and the league's #1 overall rushing attack, a head coach in Rex Ryan who makes it known that he believes in this team, these players, and this franchise, a rushing attack and Defense that can lead the way for Sanchez and the Jets during the playoffs.

This has just been an exciting time for me as a Jets fan.

A win this week, against the Bengals, and as fans, we could be watching something special in the making. I seen it with the Rays of 2008, and I'm getting these same types of feelings with this Jets team of 2009 and now 2010.[/QUOTE]

Aye! I second the motion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoGreen88;3429347]stfu!

Now granted I didn't really read this one, but GET A LIFE man[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3429333]Please keep on topic with the thread. We are talking about the Jets. Not the pats.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. My bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it depends on your definition of "exciting" . . .

If you mean you have NO idea what you're going to get any given week, then yeah -- this has been a VERY exciting team. Problem is, I call it more FRUSTRATING than EXCITING:eek:

As a fan since '82, I'd have to say '98 was my most EXCITING team.

As much as it hurts to reminisce, NOTHING felt more special than that 10-0 lead in Denver . . .:steamin::O

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3429109]Keep in mind, I can only speak for myself. I loved the 1998 Jets, never seen a Jets team that fun to watch since; we had Parcells, Martin, Chrebet, a talented O-Line, a Bill Parcells type of Defense, Broadway Vinny, Keyshawn Johnson, and we also made it to the AFC Championship game. What could have been.

Here in 09, And now 20010? We have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez that I'm really starting to enjoy. I just happen to believe that Mark Sanchez is going to turn out to become the Jets Franchise QB for many of years to come. The type of QB that we can build our Offense around, the type of QB that can become the face of this Jets Franchise, as Jeter is to the Yankees. The type of young talented QB that we can build our team around during the draf and free agency.

These are just some of the reasons why I've enjoyed watching this rookie compete out there on the football field this season. I've always expected rookie mistakes, I'm still expecting future mistakes from Sanchez over the years, but I'm also thankful, that as a Jets fan, I'm even in a position to watch our coaching staff attempt to develope this top 5 draft pick into a Franchise type of QB, I'm also enjoying the fact that this young rookie QB has shown us all that he can at least compete in this league.

The Patriots have Tom Brady.
    The Colts have Peyton Manning
    The Steelers have Big Ben.
    The Eagles have Donovan McNabb.
    The Bengals have Carson Palmer.
    The Chargers have Philip Rivers.
    The Cowboys have Romo.
    The Giants have Eli Manning.

The Packers had Brett Favre; now the Vikings have #4.
    The Rams had Kurt Warner; now Fitz, Boldin and the Cards enjoy Kurt Warner.
    The Chargers had Drew Brees; now the Saints are blessed with their Franchise QB.

Each and every one of those QB's are Franchise types of QB's. Each and every one of those teams, have been in a strong position to make a strong playoff run just about each and every year with those Franchise QB's under center. Each and every one of those teams have either been in the SB, or been considered and respected as SB Contenders for many of years now.

I just really enjoy watching Sanchez and this Jets Offense, because I believe in about 2-3 seasons...Our Jets Offense will be flying high with the types of players and overall talent we have.

Just watching this team, as a fan, has really been something else for me this season.

Just about each and every NFL team would love to have the LT and C positions filled with elite talent. When I think of our O-Line, I think of Ferguson and Mangold and just the thought of having these two guys for the next 10+ years is something to be pumped up about.

It's always been fun watching Thomas Jones rush the football. It was a huge blow when we lost Leon Washington, but damn... We really do have a special talent in Shonn Greene. Yeah, he's had like 3-4 fumbles this season, but he also leads all rookies in average yards per carry; thats something to build off of. Thats always been an important stat in my eyes, thats how I enjoy judging RB success, thats just because I feel average yards per rushing attempt is a huge aspect in running back success.

We really haven't had a 6'3+ type of #1 talent at the WR position since Keyshawn Johnson, I'm enjoying Braylon Edwards. Yeah, he's had some tough drops and mistakes on the football this season, but he's also made huge play after huge play. And if anything, I like to believe that he's A) Good for our offense, B) Good for the future success of Mark Sanchez and the Jets and C) Good for our rushing attack, because he's a player that opposing secondary's and D's must account for and every once in a while, must double cover. I've just really enjoyed having Edwards and Cotchery as our 1-2 punch and honestly believe the 1-2 punch of Edwards and Cotchery can be elite over the next 5+ seasons.

The Saints have Shockey, the Ravens have Heap, the Colts have Clark, the Chiefs had Gonzalez, the Chargers have Gates, the Falcons have Gonzalez, the Cowboys have Witten and the 49ers have Davis. I've always enjoyed watching talented pass catching TE's and thats what I see in Dustin Keller; a real talent at the TE position. He has the talent, ability and potential to become a serious X-Factor for Sanchez and the Jets over the years. Dustin Keller was ranked as the Nations #1 pass cathing TE talent coming out of the draft last season as a rookie... I really expect huge success from Dustin Keller over the years.

Words just cant explain how I feel about this Jets team as of right now, so I'll stop right about now. Players like Revis and Sheppard on the outside, Harris and Scott as our 1-2 punch at the IMLB position, a D-Line thats played with nothing but heart and guts, a Defense that ranks #1 overall, #1 against the pass, have allowed the fewest points in the league, talent @ the Safety position with Rhodes, Leonard and Smith, Brad Smith starting to make plays for the Jets, Jay Feely having a career year, Dwight Lowery and Strickland making for a nice 1-2 punch at the Nickel/Dime positions, Calvin Pace putting pressure on opposing QB's from the outside for 4 quarters strong, our O-Line leading the way for Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, and the league's #1 overall rushing attack, a head coach in Rex Ryan who makes it known that he believes in this team, these players, and this franchise, a rushing attack and Defense that can lead the way for Sanchez and the Jets during the playoffs.

This has just been an exciting time for me as a Jets fan.

A win this week, against the Bengals, and as fans, we could be watching something special in the making. I seen it with the Rays of 2008, and I'm getting these same types of feelings with this Jets team of 2009 and now 2010.[/QUOTE]

I like this team alot. But to say they are the most exciting Jets team since 1968 is mind-boggling.

Even when the Jets have been mediocre to very good, they generally have signature come from behind victories, they can score on offense and keep you entertained.

This team really can't claim any of those attributes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3429148]Sorry, even though they broke my heart, Al Groh's Jets were the "most exciting" Jets team for my money. The midnight miracle, the flashlight game, 4 come from behind victories and they really should have beaten the eventual SB champion Ravens in the final week to make the playoffs.

09/03/00 @ Green Bay 20-16
    09/11/00 New England 20-19
    09/17/00 Buffalo 27-14
    09/24/00 @ Tampa Bay 21-17
    10/08/00 Pittsburgh 3-20
    10/15/00 @ New England 34-17
    10/23/00 Miami 40-37
    10/29/00 @ Buffalo 20-23
    11/05/00 Denver 23-30
    11/12/00 @ Indianapolis 15-23
    11/19/00 @ Miami 20-3
    11/26/00 Chicago 17-10
    12/03/00 Indianapolis 27-17
    12/10/00 @ Oakland 7-31
    12/17/00 Detroit 7-10
    12/24/00 @ Baltimore 20-34[/QUOTE]

Agree with this and would also throw in the 1986 and 1998 teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoGreen88;3429347]stfu!

Now granted I didn't really read this one, but GET A LIFE man[/QUOTE]

Then A), Why did you click the thread? B) Why did you bother replying and C) Thanks for the kind words, glad you had a great new year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429128]on target

most exciting Jet team ever not counting the Super Bowl Champion 2010-2011 team and the other two or more Championship teams of the 2010-2019 decade

THE DECADE OF THE JETS[/QUOTE]This team was 4-7 over the last 11 weeks before the gift in indy,plus we might get a gift tomorrow to get us the last seed in the playoffs, Manginis first year was more impressive

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;3429141]we will be able to develop Sanchez into a QB who can use the pass to set up the run, rather than our current method of using defense attrition to set up the run.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more that we just wear down teams with the running game. I wish I had the stats on TJs yards per carry by quarter. Surprising though, cause we also lost a bunch of games on the final drive of the 4th quarter...

I do agree with the thoughts that we finish the season 5-1... that is momentum.... And the 1 loss was courtesy of a 3 pick game from Sanchez and 3 botched FGs.... Let's hope that type of play is a rarity.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3429158]HEY! I LOVE the JETS. I was breaking your balls.

I haven't been this excited since the anticipation of losing my virginity!:yes:[/QUOTE]

Funny, Sanchez said the same thing!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3429248]Gotcha. I get it. I understand now. I dunno, I just would LOVE an Offense as aggressive as our 'D'. Almost like an Indy or Minny type offense. Run oriented sure, but feared as a 'pass' offense as well. Heavy TE, slot WR routes (like my man Chrebet used to run) as well as what Braylon and Cotch do. It just seems to me that these guys could be 'utilized' MUCH MUCH better :yes:[/QUOTE]

We had Minny's O last year with Favre and leading rusher TJ (Plus Coles, Plus Cotchery, Plus Leon). Look where it left us!.

The difference this year of course is the defense is as billed when they first hired Rex. The #1 Defense in the NFL.. I wish our OC was as good with offense as Rex is with Defense.

This 9-7 Jets team is better than last year's 9-7 Jets team because our QB will only get better with time (each and every game) and meanwhile our D and Rush game are unstopable. Sanchez said this week that he feels like he turned a page somewhere between Atlanta and Indy.... Let's hope so!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dash with a past;3429474]This team was 4-7 over the last 11 weeks before the gift in indy,plus we might get a gift tomorrow to get us the last seed in the playoffs, Manginis first year was more impressive[/QUOTE]

Or 4-1 over the last 5. It's all about perspective. Just fake it for one more week and let's see if we make the playoffs before you poo-poo on Rex.

I admit this team hasn't been a dream so far, but if you were in a coma in October and November, you might have been pretty impressed with this season thus far.

Oh, and if we win tomorrow I think we are the 5th seed, not 6th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3429148]Sorry, even though they broke my heart, Al Groh's Jets were the "most exciting" Jets team for my money. The midnight miracle, the flashlight game, 4 come from behind victories and they really should have beaten the eventual SB champion Ravens in the final week to make the playoffs.

09/03/00 @ Green Bay 20-16
    09/11/00 New England 20-19
    09/17/00 Buffalo 27-14
    09/24/00 @ Tampa Bay 21-17
    10/08/00 Pittsburgh 3-20
    10/15/00 @ New England 34-17
    10/23/00 Miami 40-37
    10/29/00 @ Buffalo 20-23
    11/05/00 Denver 23-30
    11/12/00 @ Indianapolis 15-23
    11/19/00 @ Miami 20-3
    11/26/00 Chicago 17-10
    12/03/00 Indianapolis 27-17
    12/10/00 @ Oakland 7-31
    12/17/00 Detroit 7-10
    12/24/00 @ Baltimore 20-34[/QUOTE]

that was an exciting year. effin Jermaine Lewis and his 2 punt returns ruined Christmas though...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it's either A) To see if you've come up with anything new or B) To see other people bash you because it's funny. My new year was fine btw

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3429416]:dunce:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3429450]Fair enough. My bad.[/QUOTE]

You terds were just waiting anxiously for the moment weren't you?

What the hell do you do on the Pasts* boards??? Assuming you go there anyways.