Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall's days in Denver are numbered.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429223]Isn't he a free agent this year?
    No chance in hell he resigns with them.[/QUOTE]

NO, he's a restricted free agent, meaning the Broncos can tender him and if he signs an offer sheet elsewhere the Broncos could match or receive a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder.

Same situation with Edwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429157]moral

do not ever hire any of the fruit of the toxic belicheater tree[/QUOTE]

I agree there is just something wrong with this crew!!!!! Why attack a person's integrity when they have been productive all year!!!!:eek:

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429340]Broncos have a big need at Safety and I know Belichick thinks highly of Rhodes as a player, which means McDaniel (who was on that staff) may think highly of him as well.

So I would try to package Kerry Rhodes for Brandon Marshall.

Maybe Rhodes and a 3rd RD Pick or something along those lines.

I would also keep Braylon Edwards so we could have a bigtime trio of wideouts .. Marshall, Edwards and Cotchery[/QUOTE]

Why subtract our 2nd best DB for a 3rd WR? How happy do you think those 3 will be having to share the ball with each other?

I'd rather draft a slot guy.

[QUOTE=SMC;3429321]NO, he's a restricted free agent, meaning the Broncos can tender him and if he signs an offer sheet elsewhere the Broncos could match or receive a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder.

Same situation with Edwards.[/QUOTE]

I'd pay that price.

Sign this beast!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;3429351]I'd pay that price.

Sign this beast![/QUOTE]

LOL

I just hope his attitude is enough for Parcells to pass on bringing him to Miami. :eek:

Marshall is a goner, but I like our WR's here. Pass.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429340]Broncos have a big need at Safety and I know Belichick thinks highly of Rhodes as a player, which means McDaniel (who was on that staff) may think highly of him as well.

So I would try to package Kerry Rhodes for Brandon Marshall.

I would also keep Braylon Edwards so we could have a bigtime trio of wideouts .. Marshall, Edwards and Cotchery[/QUOTE]

Nice Ham, interesting thought.

I am not in favor of this because IMHO putting two high maintenance personalities on the field like Edwards and Marshall may be a recipe for disaster.

I really like the balance of Cotch and Edwards.

IMHO, Cotchery's laid back attitude and lack of ego rubs off on Edwards in a very positive way.

I wouldnt mess with it............

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3429428]Nice Ham, interesting thought.

I am not in favor of this because IMHO putting two high maintenance personalities on the field like Edwards and Marshall may be a recipe for disaster.

I really like the balance of Cotch and Edwards.

IMHO, Cotchery's laid back attitude and lack of ego rubs off on Edwards in a very positive way.

I wouldnt mess with it............[/QUOTE]

Cothcery is one of my Favorite Jets. Probably 2nd right behind Neon Leon, on offense.
    HE stepped up BIG before Braylon was here, and has done nothing except keep his mouth shut and contribute SINCE Braylon has been here.

The spotlight is off him a bit these days, as he is now the #2, but I really wish they would try to get Cotchery the ball just a bit more. He does nothing except give 100% play in and play out, and his hands are gold.

Great posession reciever.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3429458]Cothcery is one of my Favorite Jets. Probably 2nd right behind Neon Leon, on offense.
    HE stepped up BIG before Braylon was here, and has done nothing except keep his mouth shut and contribute SINCE Braylon has been here.

The spotlight is off him a bit these days, as he is now the #2, but I really wish they would try to get Cotchery the ball just a bit more. He does nothing except give 100% play in and play out, and his hands are gold.

Great posession reciever.[/QUOTE]

+1. Cotch is extremly valuable to our JETS in more ways than just his talent on the field

They tag him.
    We trade our #2 rounder and our #4 rounder for him.
    We then sign him to a pre-negotiated 4 year long-term deal.
    Use our #3 round pick to trade up in round #1 for a major Pass-rushing DL.
    We win 2011 Super Bowl.

ITs THAT SIMPLE.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3429599]They tag him.
    We trade our #2 rounder and our #4 rounder for him.
    We then sign him to a pre-negotiated 4 year long-term deal.
    Use our #3 round pick to trade up in round #1 for a major Pass-rushing DL.
    We win 2011 Super Bowl.

ITs THAT SIMPLE.[/QUOTE]

GENIUS.

Banned

So I would try to package [B]Kerry Rhodes for Brandon Marshall.[/B]

That would be GREAT for both teams! Not knocking KR, but I think we all know he doesn't fit into Rex' gameplan, and if BB likes him you know McD does too!
    I'd probably cry if Tanny were able to pull off a straight swap...
    But if we needed to give up a #3 along with Rhodes, I think it would be a good deal.
    B.M. seems to be much more of the kind of player Rex is looking for here anyways.
    Not to mention it would be absolutely incredible for us to be able to watch Marshall, Edwards, and Cotchery line up for the JETS at the same time...
    AFTER OUR DEFENSE IS DONE NO LESS!!!!

Personally, I love the direction this team is headed.
    Rex has done everything he has said and it looks like the team is right there with him.
    Now that he knows exactly what he has here, and what needs to be replaced...
    I'm VERY excited for the next decade! (including the next few weeks) ;)

Cotch was the 4th WR in receiving yards before he got hurt this year. He has almost 800 yards for a WR that was out for 3 games. He is quietly becoming a VERY good receiver. I wouldn't mess with the chemistry right now. Edwards will be a big time player next year, mark my word.

[QUOTE]but I think we all know he doesn't fit into Rex' gameplan[/QUOTE]

Damn. I didn't know this actually.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3429630]Damn. I didn't know this actually.[/QUOTE]

He's a puss... Rex (assuming) likes them when he goes home... But not on the field...
    I'll take the "playmaker" instead of the "twitterer" any week!
    Unfortunately he plays "twitterer" 14 of 16 games...

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429633]He's a puss... Rex (assuming) likes them when he goes home... But not on the field...
    I'll take the "playmaker" instead of the "twitterer" any week!
    Unfortunately he plays "twitterer" 14 of 16 games...[/QUOTE]

He's got 3 INTs in the last 5 games, and has generally played better since that whole thing went down. He just had his best game two weeks.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3429639]He's got 3 INTs in the last 5 games, and has generally played better since that whole thing went down. He just had his best game two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Cause he realizes he's on the verge of being cut. As soon as he gets his paycheck it's all Hollywood for him... Give us someone who will make Welker and Maroney pay for going across the middle.
    I can probably speak for a few here that are tired of seeing him getting barreled over if he even manages to make contact...
    Too little too late IMO, but we'll see what coach thinks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3429615]That would be GREAT for both teams![/QUOTE]

Except for the Broncos.

Veteran
    Bears will sign him