Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBIII: Awesome (must see) Video and Commentary

Jets Insider VIP
    Why I am a Jets fan. Thank you very much for that posting Magoo!

Rookie
    That was great. While I was watching, my wife asked how I could remember something over 40 years ago but can't remember what she said yesterday? She just doesn't get it.;) Yoy can't forget something that changed your life forever.

Banned
    JI has spoken. I've read each and every post of this thread, you all have me pumped up like crazy for this Jets video. I see it's 45 mins long... What a way to pass by time.

Off to watching the movie I go

Banned
    We are the underdogs. Like Joe Namath said, "It's time to get mean and go do it".

Wow, what an amazing Jets video, simply amazing. As a fan of the Jets who's only 24 years of age, been a die hard Jets fan since 1995, watched film after film on the old time Jet teams and players...This way I could have a much better understanding of the Jets culture...This video right here, was by far, the best Jets video I've ever seen.

I've always known that Don Maynard was really good, I just never knew how great he really was. When I rank Jet WR's from here on out...Maynard will always be #1. The man could care less if he made 1 catch or 10 catches during a Football game...He said it best, Winning was the only thing that mattered. Maynard did not catch one pass during the SB, because of his injury and still to this day...The man can cry when thinking about that game, because they won. The chemistry that Namath and Maynard was 2nd to none, I really hope that Sanchez can have great chemistry with players such as Cotchery, Edwards and Keller over the years. Jerricho Cotchery is a player that deserves the same QB year in and year out because as of right now...He's had 4 different QB's in 4 seasons as a starter. Jerricho Cotchery can really become our Don Maynard.

Gerry Philbin? Wow, that man was a leader and one hell of a Defensive player.

Namath was an INT machine that year, until he learned to trust and believe in his Defense...And thats what he did. Look what happened. The Jets won a SB, Namath was starting to manage games, and the Jets #1 Defense took them to the promise land. Defense really does...Win Championships.

Come on Mark Sanchez... I really hope you watch this video and if not... Learn from your previous mistakes as a rookie this season and from here on out...Starting Tonight... Manage the game, trust our #1 ranked rushing attack and #1 ranked Defense, and lead this Jets team to the super bowl bro! It all starts tonight...This is OUR Chance to make a splash during the playoffs. It all starts tonight.

That Jets W over the Colts changed the league forever. That was one of, if not the most shocking upset in sports history. No rookie has ever won a SB but you know what? It can happen; I believe. The Jets team of 1968-1969 shocked the world, now it's time for the Jets of 2009-2010 to do the same.

It starts tonight.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3430591]Excellent Review, QJF

I feel the same way, its refreshingly honest with new insights I had never previously heard and Philbin was awesome

GREAT PLAYER, TOO .. definitely on my D-line on my All-Time Jets team

DE Mark Gastineau
    DT Joe Klecko
    DT Kris Jenkins
    DE Gerry Philbin

That is a kick@$$ defensive line! :nunchuks:[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Ham. Got one bone to pick with you though. Where's the love for John Elliott? Absolutely unblockable DT on the SB team. Gotta give him the nod over Jenkins who played just 2 half seasons.

Suggestion: Change the title of this thread. Many people who may want to see it may miss it by it's misleading title. Also might want to make it a sticky so it doesn't get pushed back for the voluminious posts that are sure to come.

All League
    Thanks. I've seen it a few times and every time it is a great watch.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3431040]DONE :thumbup:

I do think its necessary to stick it, but the title has been edited[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Ham. And now what about John Elliot over Jenkins? Might also want to think about Verlon Biggs over Gastineau.

All League
    Speaking of SBIII....where is that dude? Did he get banned or something? Is this board not big enough for him and DCW? I just realized I haven't seen him on here in awhile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3431320]Speaking of SBIII....where is that dude? Did he get banned or something? Is this board not big enough for him and DCW? I just realized I haven't seen him on here in awhile.[/QUOTE]

I think Supe got his feelings hurt something that doesn't seem to bother DWC..:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3431324]I think Supe got his feelings hurt something that doesn't seem to bother DWC..:eek:[/QUOTE]

I can't believe SBIII got upset, that is so hard to fathom.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3431341]I can't believe SBIII got upset, that is so hard to fathom.[/QUOTE]

32 eighty sixed him..:P

kyle clifton 59

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3431000]Thanks Ham. Got one bone to pick with you though. Where's the love for John Elliott? Absolutely unblockable DT on the SB team. Gotta give him the nod over Jenkins who played just 2 half seasons.

Suggestion: Change the title of this thread. Many people who may want to see it may miss it by it's misleading title. Also might want to make it a sticky so it doesn't get pushed back for the voluminious posts that are sure to come.[/QUOTE]
    Where's the love for John Elliott?
    could not agree more Elliott should be on the alltime
    Jets defensive line.Great player very similar to Philbin
    but played inside.Jenkins would have to have a few more
    healthy years and help our Jets win something big before
    he would replace John Elliott imo

beautiful tribute to a great football team...by the way, tonight's weather will rival the 68 AFL Championshiop at Shea