Thread: Jeebus, another Mock!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeebus, another Mock!!

FA:

Anthony Montgomery - Similar to the Randy Starks signing the Dolphins made. Very young, very big, very strong, very athletic DT who's best days are ahead of him.

Terrence McGee - Probably not going to happen, but would give us the best CB tandem in the division. Heavily underrated player.

Sam Koch - F the Ravens, we need a punter. Rex's pull should come in handy here.

Draft:

1: Greg Hardy - All this hype for everyone else in this draft, but when healthy he is the 3rd best defensive player in this draft. A JAbe type talent IMO. Will poke his way back into the first round if he's even fallen out of it.

2: Boo Robinson - Underrated for now, won't be for long.

4: Kendrick Lewis - Rangy, experienced SEC safety who doesn't suck in coverage. Will replace Leonhard eventually. Will be an excellent guy to pair with Rhodes. Other options are Kam Chancellor or Chad Jones, two other experienced, well rounded players who play leadership roles on their D's. I REALLY like some of these mid-tier safeties. These 3 in particular...

6: Michael Hoomanawanui - Yet another prospect that just stopped getting talking about. Excellent size and skillset for the TE position. I'd rather go TE than OL because TE is the best way to fix an OL that doesn't need to replace a starter.

7: Blair White - WHITE WR!!! No really...tough, productive player from a good school. I'd love him in the slot.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-01-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swap Boo Robinson with Marshawn Gilyard and I'd be happy.
    Last edited by WeeZiTe; 01-01-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Hardy more of a 4-3 DE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the Jets draft Hardy, who does he start over? Pace or Thomas?

I love the ability of hardy but dont think that move makes sense from a contract perspective, or from a depth chart perspective.

also Greg Hardy is like Johnny Abe - super talented but injury prone and inconsistant

also why do they need Boo Robinson?

In general the Jets defense is stacked, the Jets offense needs the help. If the Jets go D at all on day 1 it will be a Corner not a front 7 player

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DirtySanchez7;3429728]Not a fan of Hardy more of a 4-3 DE[/QUOTE]

Most of these guys are more 4-3 DE since few play LB in college. Hardy has actually taken snaps at LB for Ole Miss, as well as TE, WR, and of course DE.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3429775]Most of these guys are more 4-3 DE since few play LB in college. Hardy has actually taken snaps at LB for Ole Miss, as well as TE, WR, and of course DE.[/QUOTE]

Why not Hughes instead Gato? Seems like a he has elite potential with less compatibility concerns? IDK you tell me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3429774]
    In general the Jets defense is stacked, the Jets offense needs the help. If the Jets go D at all on day 1 it will be a Corner not a front 7 player[/QUOTE]

Really, the Jets offense just needs Sanchez to grow up. A couple pieces here and there(#3 WR/3rd-down back), but otherwise it's fine.