Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible candidate for OC for Jets?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Possible candidate for OC for Jets?

This is who I'd love to be our new OC. A great offensive mind and the guy who could develop Mark. If he becomes available and doesn't get another HC gig...

[URL="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6794496.html"]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6794496.html[/URL]

Withholding judgment
    Owner Bob McNair, attending practice Thursday before going over to the Texas Bowl, wasn't yet ready to confirm that Gary Kubiak will return as the Texans' coach for a fifth season in 2010.

“What I have said is I think he's done a very good job,” McNair answered in response to a direct question about Kubiak's future. “We'll sit down to have our review at the end of the year and make our plans for the coming year. ”

Asked what he was saying to Kubiak this week as the 8-7 Texans, still in contention for a playoff spot, prepare for the Patriots, McNair replied: “Nothing other than what he's saying to the team and that this (game) is very important to us. Everybody is excited, and it's wonderful that we're still in the hunt. ”

McNair also shared a story with the media.

“I dreamed last week that we'd put it on the Dolphins pretty good, 42-12 or 42-7 or something like that,” he said. “I didn't tell anybody except (general manager) Rick (Smith) before the game. But this week I've been waiting — desperately — and I haven't had any dreams yet, so somebody suggested I should go home and go to bed.”

The Texans jumped to a 27-0 lead over Miami on Sunday before holding on 27-20.
    Last edited by TJ; 01-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.

can we finish the ****ing season?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Chupa;3429430]can we finish the ****ing season?[/QUOTE]

Of ****ing course.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Shotty is on borrowed time anyhow since last season's meltdown.

I am in favor of bringing Shotty back.

There is no quick fix.

Rookie QB didnt do anything to help Shotty look good also.

Changing the offensive philosophy entirely may set back Sanchez.

If a change is made I say promote Callahan, at least it keeps some consistancy.
    Last edited by copernicus; 01-01-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Can someone please change the title of this thread, very misleading.

Very misleading title. Can we get a question mark?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=copernicus;3429445]I am in favor of bringing Shotty back.

There is no quick fix.

Rookie QB didnt do anything to help Shotty look good also.

Changing the offensive philosophy entirely may set bad Sanchez.

If a change is made I say [B]promote Callahan[/B], at least it keeps some consistancy.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for continuity. I'd like to keep Callahan in charge of the O'line and running game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3429449]Very misleading title. Can we get a question mark?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess it was a bit misleading, sorry bout that...could a mod make the change, please?

Jets Insider VIP
    If Brian gets the HC job he fully deserves, I hope we promote Bill Callahan to the OC position.

If Brian gets passed over again, I hope he returns and continues to build the offense for the Jets

Schottenheimer doesn't fully deserve a HC job. It'd be nice for him to get, but I'd love for him to stick around so that he gets the credit when Sanchez blows up.

Kubiak would be nice, I'm sure. Schaub is a damn underrated QB, but having Johnson/Daniels/Walter doesn't hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429535]If Brian gets the HC job he fully deserves, I hope we promote Bill Callahan to the OC position.

If Brian gets passed over again, I hope he returns and continues to build the offense for the Jets[/QUOTE]
    "passed over"....

Man that Twilight Zone marathon ain't just on the TV.

Veteran

What I wonder..

Is how much a new OC and sytem will set Mark back.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=EM31;3429545]"passed over"....

Man that Twilight Zone marathon ain't just on the TV.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[QUOTE=sg3;3429535]If Brian gets the HC job he fully deserves, I hope we promote Bill Callahan to the OC position.

If Brian gets passed over again, I hope he returns and continues to build the offense for the Jets[/QUOTE]

Sg3, I am curious, with all the negativity towards Schotty what make you believe that he "fullly deserves" to he a head coach in the NFL? Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    he was a candidate last year

he has done a very good job this year with a rookie quarterback and after tomorrow might have gotten to the postseason with him

definitely deserves a HC opportunity

hopefully we get to keep him for another season so he can take that HC spot coming off our February 2011 Superbowl victory

[QUOTE=sg3;3429576]he was a candidate last year

he has done a very good job this year with a rookie quarterback and after tomorrow might have gotten to the postseason with him

definitely deserves a HC opportunity

hopefully we get to keep him for another season so he can take that HC spot coming off our February 2011 Superbowl victory[/QUOTE]

I can live with that, thanks for the response............

If Schotty does end up going, I'd put Bill Callahan at the front of the line for his replacement.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429576]he was a candidate last year[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, I remember him being a candidate a few years back when we dinked/dunked our way into the playoffs but nothing recently...when and with what team are you talking about?

list of potential GOOD OC candidates from outside our system if Schotty leaves.

Anyone?
    Beuller?