Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Pennington will be back in a NYJ uniform in 2010...

I think Pennington will be back in a NYJ uniform in 2010...

Not as a starter, I can't see that happening, I believe Sanchez will get the ball again and there won't be a competition. I think he will be brought in as a very good back up and someone with the understanding to help Sanchez along with his development. It would be a good thing for the team and for both men. I think Chad was great while he was here, and while others don't feel the same about his physical performance, I believe the emotional performance and the smarts possessed by Pennington would make anyone here want him back to help Sanchez. I think it will happen IMO. Was wondering what you all think?

All Pro
    I always liked Chad, seriously though 4 shoulder surgeries.

He actually had a nice career when you consider the passer rating and CBPOTY, last year in Miami was good for him till he hit the playoffs.

Chad is done, next stop a network job on Sundays, possibly coaching,maybe he buys part of the Jets.

I'd have no problem with him as a BACKUP -- especially in cases like Tampa Bay this year, where he wouldn't have to play EXTENDED time, but did what needed to be done when necessary.

Having said that, I'd only want it if they felt Ainge wasn't a prospect. Otherwise, I'd LOVE to see them hire him as a QB coach, as I don't have the most faith in our current one:eek:

With the way the JETS treated him by trading for Favre I'd be surprised if he ever would even consider it............

I have a better chance of being on the Jets next season then Chad Pennington does...

Practice Squad
    Maybe..in like two years o.k.?
    PLease just stop the Chad to N.Y.J. as a back-up threads.

If the F'n guy is even gonna work his ass off to come back...
    it's def not gonna be as a back up..especially to his old team!

Yes... to the universal great idea...just not gonna happen.

Reality.:eek:

Let this be the last post~

Please give me one single reason Chad would want this?

Just one.

All Pro

For what it's worth...

[url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/01/jets-tolerating-sanchezs-ups-and-downs[/url]

Jets tolerating Sanchez’s ups and downs

Posted Jan. 01, 2010 @ 1:30 p.m.
    By Dan Parr

Mark Sanchez delivered a decent performance in a Week 16 victory, which relieved some tension among Jets players, observers say. No teammate has been critical of Sanchez in public, but it's clear that with a top-ranked defense and running game, the rookie has held the team back. Sanchez threw 20 interceptions in his first 13 games this season, and his three picks in Week 15 helped keep the Jets from securing a much-needed win against the Falcons. He did not commit a turnover in Week 16, but as Sanchez recently put it: "Have I arrived? Absolutely not." Despite his trying first year, we're told the Jets most likely won't pursue a veteran backup this offseason to serve as a mentor and insurance in case Sanchez regresses. Top backup Kellen Clemens will be a free agent and isn't expected to be back, but the Jets like third-stringer Erik Ainge and No. 4 QB Kevin O'Connell and want to develop them.

Jets Insider VIP

Sanchez the starter, Ainge and O'Connell in reserve

no need for weak arms and torn shoulders

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3429507]With the way the JETS treated him by trading for Favre I'd be surprised if he ever would even consider it............[/QUOTE]

==================================

I think that Chad of all people would understand the business side of NFL football. I am sure it was a blow to his ego, but things worked out for him in Miami till he blew up again.

Chad probably was paid $50,000,000.00 In his time with the Jets. Well Maybe $40,000,000.00 I am not sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    DUMP

Jets Insider VIP
    If he is ok with being a backup, wouldn he just resign with miami and backup henne? I doubt he would want to move his family again and miami needs a vet qb

Ainge is a 3rd string QB, maybe a 2nd on a team with a bad QB situation.

We need to sign a veteran.

The most likely available options next year, [B]LIKE IT OR NOT[/B], are in alphabetical order:

Bulger (St. Louis - will not be returning)
    Campbell (Washington - most likely gone)
    Delhomme (Carolina - will not be returning)
    Pennington (Miami - if he survives his 4th surgery)

If there are more guys who may not be returning on their respective teams, list them. 1st problem is having them available (are they going to be cut like rumors?), 2nd problem is to try and lure them here.

No way in the world are Ainge or Clemens going to benefit us as the 2nd string.

Then you need a QB coach to cultivate Sanchez. Apparently, right now whatever they're doing is taking forever.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    we definitely don't need to sign any of those failures. Thank you

reminds me of the last time we brought in a "veteran backup" --- Jay Friggin Fiedler who got his chance when Pennington ripped up a shoulder again and lasted two plays before he was done for the season.

Sanchez, Ainge and O'Connell

no failed stiffs needed to make things worse

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3429566]Ainge is a 3rd string QB, maybe a 2nd on a team with a bad QB situation.

We need to sign a veteran.

The most likely available options next year, [B]LIKE IT OR NOT[/B], are in alphabetical order:

Bulger (St. Louis - will not be returning)
    Campbell (Washington - most likely gone)
    Delhomme (Carolina - will not be returning)
    Pennington (Miami - if he survives his 4th surgery)

If there are more guys who may not be returning on their respective teams, list them. 1st problem is having them available (are they going to be cut like rumors?), 2nd problem is to try and lure them here.

No way in the world are Ainge or Clemens going to benefit us as the 2nd string.

Then you need a QB coach to cultivate Sanchez. Apparently, right now whatever they're doing is taking forever.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why do you think Ainge sucks so bad? Im not saying he is good or anything, but the guy has done nothing but produce in preseason games.

Doesnt he even deserve a shot at #2?

He's basically the poor mans Pennington.

[QUOTE=sg3;3429578]we definitely don't need to sign any of those failures. Thank you

reminds me of the last time we brought in a "veteran backup" --- Jay Friggin Fiedler who got his chance when Pennington ripped up a shoulder again and lasted two plays before he was done for the season.

Sanchez, Ainge and O'Connell

no failed stiffs needed to make things worse[/QUOTE]

Ainge is worse than Clemens, and has ZERO experience.

O'Connell an even bigger headache.

Pennington, Bulger and Delhomme have a lot of experience, and are perfect for a 2nd string spot behind a rookie. Having Ainge as the backup next year is worse than having Clemens this year.

Just because they didn't play well this year, doesn't mean that everything they did up to this point is lost. Even Campbell has loads of experience over Sanchez, and even though I wouldn't want him the kid needs someone to mentor him, not someone who has never taken a snap before and can quote the entire Madden 2010 playbook.

Brady watched Bledsoe for a while, and then they got rid of Bledsoe after Brady took over. Accident or not.

Young had Montana.

Why would you want to do that to the team? It's arrogant to think that Ainge and O'Connell are viable backups. They've done nothing. Ever.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3429579]Why do you think Ainge sucks so bad? Im not saying he is good or anything, but the guy has done nothing but produce in preseason games.

Doesnt he even deserve a shot at #2?

He's basically the poor mans Pennington.[/QUOTE]

Having someone who's never played as the backup to someone who has no experience makes no sense to me. Might as well draft another QB who has a better pedigree.

They're all my opinions anyway, in the end I never want the 2nd string guy to play, and want Sanchez to start all games from here on.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3429584][B]Ainge is worse than Clemens[/B], and has ZERO experience.

O'Connell an even bigger headache.

Pennington, Bulger and Delhomme have a lot of experience, and are perfect for a 2nd string spot behind a rookie. [B]Having Ainge as the backup next year is worse than having Clemens this year. [/B]
    Just because they didn't play well this year, doesn't mean that everything they did up to this point is lost. Even Campbell has loads of experience over Sanchez, and even though I wouldn't want him the kid needs someone to mentor him, not someone who has never taken a snap before and can quote the entire Madden 2010 playbook.

Brady watched Bledsoe for a while, and then they got rid of Bledsoe after Brady took over. Accident or not.

Young had Montana.

Why would you want to do that to the team? It's arrogant to think that Ainge and O'Connell are viable backups. They've done nothing. Ever.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Dude, did u have some sort of run in with Eric Ainge in a parking lot or bar or something.;)

Ur destroying the guy. I know hes only faced scrubs, but thats not really up to him.

And worse than Clemens? OUCH! Is this even possible?

I understand ur point though...someone proven would be nice
    :)

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3429588]LOL. Dude, did u have some sort of run in with Eric Ainge in a parking lot or bar or something.;)

Ur destroying the guy. I know hes only faced scrubs, but thats not really up to him.

And worse than Clemens? OUCH! Is this even possible?[/QUOTE]

Whether Ainge is a better player or not is irrelevant. The experience that he has doesn't help our starter at all, but if we had a long time starter, like Delhomme (who's played in a Superbowl), or Bulger (with that high powered offense for all those years), or anyone with some serious experience, it would help Sanchez.

That's what [I]having Ainge as the backup is worse than Clemens as the backup[/I] meant.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3429589]Whether Ainge is a better player or not is irrelevant. The experience that he has doesn't help our starter at all, but if we had a long time starter, like Delhomme (who's played in a Superbowl), or Bulger (with that high powered offense for all those years), or anyone with some serious experience, it would help Sanchez.

That's what [I]having Ainge as the backup is worse than Clemens as the backup[/I] meant.[/QUOTE]

I edited my post....I do get what ur saying, and it makes perfect sense. Sanchez could use that "mentor" on the bench. Something he really hasnt had at all this year. Hopefully one of those guys you listed realizes his starting days are over, but I get the feeling Delhomme is under some crazy impression he can compete, and we all know Pennington is a stubborn SOB.

A vet would be great though.

Jeffrey Garcia? Ive always liked the guys heart.