Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Pennington will be back in a NYJ uniform in 2010...

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3429592]I edited my post....I do get what ur saying, and it makes perfect sense. Sanchez could use that "mentor" on the bench. Something he really hasnt had at all this year. Hopefully one of those guys you listed realizes his starting days are over, but I get the feeling Delhomme is under some crazy impression he can compete, and we all know Pennington is a stubborn SOB.

A vet would be great though.

Jeffrey Garcia? Ive always liked the guys heart.[/QUOTE]

Delhomme reminds me of Vinny, but not as big and strong.

Sanchez is more like Garcia than any of those other guys, IMO.

Like Steve Young said "He [Sanchez] has a bit of swashbuckler in him...it's a good thing, just not right now"

He needs to learn at a quicker pace than he is. He doesn't appear focused to me (or as focused as he was in the first part of the season).

Anyway, I'd rather not have Pennington in a position where he'll play. The guy was great, but his arm can't take another hit.

Chad Pennington will likely be the backup QB in Miami next season. Parcells is a smart man; he knows that if Henne gets hurt, Pennington will be ready.

If he throws well in March, there may be a team or two have him come in to compete in training camp for a starting job, though.

Pennington gave his heart, soul and body for the Jets. In return, Jets fans cheered when Pennington hurt his ankle and tried to hobble off the field under his own power. Then the organization uncerimoniously dumped him for a 39 year old QB who obviously didn't want to be here.

Do you really think he'd come back and be a mentor for your future QB?

Please.

I have no problem with that, in fact, I might encourage it.

I just hope he doesn't beat out Sanchez. :confused:

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3429703]Pennington gave his heart, soul and body for the Jets. In return, Jets fans cheered when Pennington hurt his ankle and tried to hobble off the field under his own power. Then the organization uncerimoniously dumped him for a 39 year old QB who obviously didn't want to be here.

Do you really think he'd come back and be a mentor for your future QB?

Please.[/QUOTE]

+1
    lol he went to our rival and won the division, came in 2nd for mvp voting

Why would Pennington come back here is right, however, he did love being here. It broke his heart to leave, but the guy is pretty resilient.

I don't want him here as a player. A million shoulder surgeries later, I don't want him playing.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3429514]Please give me one single reason Chad would want this?

Just one.[/QUOTE]

He wants to be a coach.... I don't want him....

Maybe Favre will retire again after this season, then unretire again in July and agree to come back here and be Sanchez's back-up and mentor.

[QUOTE=C. Pennington;3429497]Not as a starter, I can't see that happening, I believe Sanchez will get the ball again and there won't be a competition. I think he will be brought in as a very good back up and someone with the understanding to help Sanchez along with his development. It would be a good thing for the team and for both men. I think Chad was great while he was here, and while others don't feel the same about his physical performance, I believe the emotional performance and the smarts possessed by Pennington would make anyone here want him back to help Sanchez. I think it will happen IMO. Was wondering what you all think?[/QUOTE]

God, let's hope not. I never want that POS near this team again in any capacity. He SUCKS. Why cant some people see that.

The weekly Chad is coming back thread

[IMG]http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3429724]Maybe Favre will retire again after this season, then unretire again in July and agree to come back here and be Sanchez's back-up and mentor.[/QUOTE]

I hear Montana's available..

Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Montana, Roethlisberger, Brady, Staubach, Unitas, Starr et al.
    Who were the fantastic experienced QBs who guided them? They had good/great COACHES.
    Foerget a washed up QB. Settle Sanchez down and give him a good gameplan with great running backs.

All League
    [QUOTE=C. Pennington;3429497]Not as a starter, I can't see that happening, I believe Sanchez will get the ball again and there won't be a competition. I think he will be brought in as a very good back up and someone with the understanding to help Sanchez along with his development. It would be a good thing for the team and for both men. I think Chad was great while he was here, and while others don't feel the same about his physical performance, I believe the emotional performance and the smarts possessed by Pennington would make anyone here want him back to help Sanchez. I think it will happen IMO. Was wondering what you all think?[/QUOTE]

I think.....:zzz:

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3429736]Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Montana, Roethlisberger, Brady, Staubach, Unitas, Starr et al.
    Who were the fantastic experienced QBs who guided them? They had good/great COACHES.
    Foerget a washed up QB. Settle Sanchez down and give him a [B]good gameplan[/B] with great running backs.[/QUOTE]

Severly lacking this year, IMO. No rhythm, rushing yards in chunks, too many cute plays, too many drive killing cute plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    no chad

unless as an assistant to the QB coach (gofer)

and no more chad yearning threads, please

Chad has a [U]great[/U] football mind. Even the greatest detractors of his will admit as much. He just never had the physical attributes that lead to success in the NFL. Even before the injuries, his arm was not strong enough to win games late in the season at the meadowlands. Because Hackett saw this in Pennington, his play calling abilities were limited, and we never got to see what Pennington could accomplish.

Put it this way, if Jay Cutler had Pennington's ability to read and understand presnap alignments, go through his progressions quickly, and make quick and good decisions, we'd all be considering him a top 5 QB.

He would be an exceptional QB coach for Sanchez. He was a great player-coach anyway, and with the players surrounding Sanchez and someone like Schotty calling plays that challenge his armstrength, we'd finally get to see what a top 10 QB in the league looks like playing in the Jets green and white.

But hell no for bringing him back in any form that would allow him to ever suit up again.

And for everyone saying he has no reason to come back...all you need is a call from the owner asking him to come back, and a couple pennies extra in the bank for his services.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429578]we definitely don't need to sign any of those failures. Thank you

reminds me of the last time we brought in a "veteran backup" --- Jay Friggin Fiedler who got his chance when Pennington ripped up a shoulder again and lasted two plays before he was done for the season.

Sanchez, Ainge and O'Connell

no failed stiffs needed to make things worse[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you but Ainge is not even capable of being a mediocre NFL backup. I watched him in the preseason this past August and I've also seen him in TC at Hofstra (granted it was his rookie year in 2008) - there is nothing there. His best play as a pro was an underthrown pass that the wr came back on his route, caught and took in for a td. That would have easily been a pick against a 1st string secondary.

O'Connel sucks if he was any good the Pats would have kept him. Practice squad fodder.

If Sanchez goes down with an ACL tear or ruptured tendon next season and Clemens/Ainge/O'Connel are our options you can pretty much give up on the season.

The Jay Fiedler argument doesn't hold much water. The 2005 Jets team had way bigger problems than Jay Fiedler - the O and D-lines both were hit with injuries and lost key players, Curtis Martin was done, tough schedule and Herman Edwards had his bags packed for Kansas City by mid-September.

More often good veteran backup QB's end up saving teams' seasons like the Cardinals with Kurt Warner in 2007 and 2008 and the Titans with Kerry Collins in 2008.

I have no Problem with Pennington

I have no problem with Pennington coming back as long as he pays his PSL like everyone else.

Just kidding. He would be a good veteren back up that could have sealed the Buffalo game in relief, for example.

Just like baseball, a good relief pitcher is a necessity.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3429842]I have no problem with Pennington coming back as long as he pays his PSL like everyone else.

Just kidding. He would be a good veteren back up that could have sealed the Buffalo game in relief, for example.

Just like baseball, a good relief pitcher is a necessity.[/QUOTE]

With his arm in the wind that day his longest pass would go 2 yards.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3429520][url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/01/jets-tolerating-sanchezs-ups-and-downs[/url]

Jets tolerating Sanchez’s ups and downs

Posted Jan. 01, 2010 @ 1:30 p.m.
    By Dan Parr

Mark Sanchez delivered a decent performance in a Week 16 victory,.[/QUOTE]

Decent? throwing for 100 yds and completing 12 passes is decent?

:eek: