Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed, Jets Ready for Ochocinco

Jets Insider VIP
    I will be glad to welcome Firephony Ed into the New Stadium in his free lower deck seat next to the poor people who will have paid 10 grand for seats in the same section.

Sorry folks, but being the official Jet mascot has its privileges

The Phanatic, Mr Met, Pat Patriot and the Chicken don't have to pay for their seats either

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3430112]agreed...its' one thing to be a "loyal" Jets fan when the game mean something and the camera's on you....its' another thing to get you ass to games in December when the team is trying for its' 5th or 6th victory...

I'd respect the guy more had I seen him at games towards the end of the 2007, '95, '96. etc seasons...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"]+1[/SIZE].

This is what fans just don't comprehend. The guy is the two worst things possible. A fair-weather self-promoter.

The only good thing about Firefraud, and I mean the [I]only [/I]good thing, is that he's preventing us from being represented by the only mascot-adult that could possibly be [I]more [/I]humiliating which is that 60 year old fat guy with the airplane helmet called Jetman.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430601][SIZE="6"]+1[/SIZE].

This is what fans just don't comprehend. The guy is the two worst things possible. A fair-weather self-promoter.

The only good thing about Firefraud, and I mean the [I]only [/I]good thing, is that he's preventing us from being represented by the only mascot-adult that could possibly be [I]more [/I]humiliating which is that 60 year old fat guy with the airplane helmet called Jetman.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Could be worse - could be a naked old fat man in a barrell

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=sg3;3430120]

as for his free seats.... just remember the above quote and then watch him right down there in lower sidelines seats next season performing for the cameras

Maybe he should wear a big football on his head under the firemans hat and call himself "Mr Jet"..... he'd be a better mascot IMO

a phony[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.makeupbyjulie.com/images/talkingheadtables/football%20head%20with%20statue%20in%20background.jpg[/IMG]

We're going to come up with some alternative mascot ideas and see if Woody will support us with creating a brand new character. Someone he can even put on, say, t-shirts, mugs, you name it.

Here. This is better than Firefraud. Only took me like 60 seconds to dream it up. I'll keep going. You do it too. Let's see what we can come up with. Then we can set up a website called newjetsstadiumnewjetsmascot.com and have a vote and get Firefraud out of here forever.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    that moron in the cape would be "Captain Jet" SAR and yes, he would be even more an embarrassment than Firephony Ed Anzalone is

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[B]CaptainVilma A few months ago ED called Beningo on wfan and straightened out all the misrepresentations that many people posted above. He gets absolutely nothing from the jets, money wise or tickets wise. He also said for next year he is moving to the end zone because he can't afford the high priced PSL's and had to even dig and save for the ones in the endzone. [/B]

We were told by sources in the Jets PSL office that Ed Anzelone has 2 adjacent seats in the $10,000 PSL section.

[B]Until proven otherwise I have no reason to not take this man at his own word.[/B]

Time to stop taking this man at his own word.

[B]Go Jets.[/B]

sg3 and I are going to campaign and get Woody to create a new, family-friendly mascot for fans and their children to root for. Give us a few months and we'll get it right and free ourselves of 20 years of misrepresentation and humiliation.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=PocketJet;3430134]I see no need for Fireman Ed.
    Enough is Enough.

Go Jets[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.sports-mascots.co.uk/yeovil_mascot.gif[/IMG]

How about something like this? Like a friendly Hulk? Maybe its too scary for the kids.

We'll keep trying. Won't be too hard to come up with something better than an aging, beer-guzzling blue-collar worker who can't hold a job in Harlem.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430610][B]CaptainVilma A few months ago ED called Beningo on wfan and straightened out all the misrepresentations that many people posted above. He gets absolutely nothing from the jets, money wise or tickets wise. He also said for next year he is moving to the end zone because he can't afford the high priced PSL's and had to even dig and save for the ones in the endzone. [/B]

We were told by sources in the Jets PSL office that Ed Anzelone has 2 adjacent seats in the $10,000 PSL section.

[B]Until proven otherwise I have no reason to not take this man at his own word.[/B]

Time to stop taking this man at his own word.

[B]Go Jets.[/B]

sg3 and I are going to campaign and get Woody to create a new, family-friendly mascot for fans and their children to root for. Give us a few months and we'll get it right and free ourselves of 20 years of misrepresentation and humiliation.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Did Ed not give you an autograph?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=sg3;3430608]that moron in the cape would be "Captain Jet" SAR and yes, he would be even more an embarrassment than Firephony Ed Anzalone is[/QUOTE]

newjetsstadiumnewjetsmascot.com

You with me? Let's get Firefraud strapped to his seat by stadium security and allow the team to create a new, fresh, exciting, and fun mascot that doesn't misrepresent the fans but rather represent the [I]team[/I].

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3664111848_041bbb5e6f.jpg[/IMG]

Second one from the left. Just a happy foam kid-head. Less stupid than the Phanatic snork-thing, less a cliche than the Mets baseball head, doesn't misrepresent the fans.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    count me in

we need a state of the art mascot for our state of the art new stadium

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/PA-4407762.jpg[/IMG]

Here we go.....the Jetprechaun! Many Jets fans are Irish and everyone likes little dwarfs. We may be getting closer to paydirt here.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430622][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3664111848_041bbb5e6f.jpg[/IMG]

Second one from the left. Just a happy foam kid-head. Less stupid than the Phanatic snork-thing, less a cliche than the Mets baseball head, doesn't misrepresent the fans.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Come on SAR - u r better than this

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=sg3;3430623]count me in

we need a state of the art mascot for our state of the art new stadium[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images.clipartof.com/small/9137-Clipart-Picture-Of-A-Football-Mascot-Cartoon-Character-Holding-A-Dollar-Bill.jpg[/IMG]

The Club Seat crowd would adore "Wealthy Wally" but I don't think he'd sell in the upper deck. We'll keep trying. Can't be too hard to replace a negative New York stereotype with a positive one.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Peebag;3430625]Come on SAR - u r better than this[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.bofads.com/pictures/BollWeevil.jpg[/IMG]

"Evil The Jet-Weevil"?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    I think something like the GEICO gecko would be good. It's already green and probably already brighter than Ed is

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://teamdavevallee.com/_media/Images/IMG_1211-517-wide.JPG[/IMG]

I've got it!

We create a foam "Fireman" head and place it atop a young and energetic mascot and call it Fireman Fred. He leads the chants whether we're 10-0 or 0-10 and we can sell his likeness on t-shirts and mugs and make money off of it instead of it making money off of us.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Well if they don't win tomorrow - how about a new mascot called Knifey the very angry drunken, riotous, foul mouth ill-tempered Jets fan.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://www.halloweenmart.com/media/core/CM4660_FIREMAN_DOG.JPG.jpg[/IMG]

We have a winner! Meet Firedog Fred!

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-03-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    we have a winner

FIREMAN FRED

your 2010 NYJ Offfical Mascot