Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed, Jets Ready for Ochocinco

All League

Fireman Ed, Jets Ready for Ochocinco

[URL="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4786828"]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4786828[/URL]

Jets superfan Fireman Ed Anzalone responds to Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco's comments regarding Sunday's matchup

35 HOURS TO KICKOFF...LETS DO THIS BOYS!!!

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3429663][URL="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4786828"]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4786828[/URL]

Jets superfan Fireman Ed Anzalone responds to Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco's comments regarding Sunday's matchup

35 HOURS TO KICKOFF...LETS DO THIS BOYS!!![/QUOTE]

Grew up with Fireman Ed in the same neighborhood.

Although he is older than me I have nothing but positive memories about this guy throughout my life.

Later on he worked for my father in the firehouse and always had a nice thing to say about my dad.

He is just a good person and gets a bad rep from many uninformed fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'm glad he said the right things, I was expecting a nightmare. By the way, the crowd does not need direction, It's noise on 1,2, 3rd and 4th when the QB is walking up to center...that's it, it's simple, Shotty is the Maestro.

[QUOTE=copernicus;3429666]Grew up with Fireman Ed in the same neighborhood.

Although he is older than me I have nothing but positive memories about this guy throughout my life.

Later on he worked for my father in the firehouse and always had a nice thing to say about my dad.

He is just a good person and gets a bad rep from many uninformed fans.[/QUOTE]

Did you read his quote on Friday, about how he's looking forward to cheering the Jets on "in our new stadium"? Yeah, after he tried to crush Woody for not "keeping promises". What a guy. What a great, great guy.

Stop sticking up for Firefraud.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3429696]Did you read his quote on Friday, about how he's looking forward to cheering the Jets on "in our new stadium"? Yeah, after he tried to crush Woody for not "keeping promises". What a guy. What a great, great guy.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3429696]Did you read his quote on Friday, about how he's looking forward to cheering the Jets on "in our new stadium"? Yeah, after he tried to crush Woody for not "keeping promises". What a guy. What a great, great guy.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I understand the sentiments about the new stadium and I think what happened (or what didn't happen, I should say) stinks. But at some point, you either have to move on or become a fan of another team. Ed was very vocal about this failed cause. But it failed. Ed has moved on. Does that make him bad? Not in my eyes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ed got his free PSL seats for the new place

Mr Met and the Philly Phanatic don't have to pay for their seats either

All League
    Nice work ED..Always look forward to the chant..Fire em up..

Fireman Ed is ready for Ochocinco? :confused:

ESPN sinking lower and lower, if possible.

I wonder what Pat Patriots thoughts are on the Texans. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by FF2; 01-02-2010 at 11:04 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3429702]+1[/QUOTE]

+2
    I was hoping that we would lose this guy with the new stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3429758]Ed got his free PSL seats for the new place
    [/QUOTE]The man has said he pays for his own tickets. One of you is lying, and only one has a reason to. I personally couldn't care less if the Jets comped him. I still wouldn't be the maestro.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Why can't you attention whores just all stick together and get along?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=copernicus;3429666]Grew up with Fireman Ed in the same neighborhood.

He is just a good person and gets a bad rep from many uninformed fans.[/QUOTE]

Cop, is that the house up on W143rd?

_

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm not understanding this, help me if I'm wrong. The JETS use his image to promote a new stadium. An image that pays him nothing. He takes his own time to be a part of this and in the end is lied to like the rest of us. There were other options than Manhattan that were never explored. He is upset by this. Now he shouldnt go to games or be a fan anymore?...........

What makes him a fraud? He is a proud JETS fan that doesnt take a penny for the T SHirts sold in his image. ALL the money goes to families of widowed firemen.

Yeah, what a jerk...............

[QUOTE=32green;3429802]Cop, is that the house up on W143rd?

_[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe so, W134. Ed worked in Harlem and my dad in Bed Stuy. Often firemnen are detailed to other houses. They knew eachother from the neighborhood and would look foward to talking JETS and other sports when they got the opportunity to work together..........

And the ridiculous, unwarranted criticism of Ed continues. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;3429764]

I wonder what Pat Patriots thoughts are on the Texans. Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just call the whorehouse and ask him?

Schluberator & Gadfly

SAR I[/QUOTE]

And jealousy rears it's ugly head!!!! :yes:

(I've met Ed before. Seems like a genuinely nice guy to me.)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=copernicus;3429828]Maybe I'm not understanding this, help me if I'm wrong. The JETS use his image to promote a new stadium. An image that pays him nothing. He takes his own time to be a part of this and in the end is lied to like the rest of us. There were other options than Manhattan that were never explored. He is upset by this. Now he shouldnt go to games or be a fan anymore?...........

What makes him a fraud? He is a proud JETS fan that doesnt take a penny for the T SHirts sold in his image. ALL the money goes to families of widowed firemen.

Yeah, what a jerk...............[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that as soon as I started seeing photos of SAr with cheerleaders and Woody, he became an unabashed shill for Woody and PSL's.

I'm sure Ed is flawed, as he IS human, but the guys that waste time bashing him here reveal more about themselves than shedding any negative light on Ed.

Either way, the SAR persona is a master of puppets.:D

;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

good thing the game means something 'cause as in many past Decembers when it didn't matter ed would not show up....