Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed, Jets Ready for Ochocinco

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3429851]good thing the game means something 'cause as in many past Decembers when it didn't matter ed would not show up....[/QUOTE]

Because most of the fanbase didn't either, so who would he have to lead in cheers? :D

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3429764]Fireman Ed is ready for Ochocinco? :confused:

ESPN sinking lower and lower, if possible.

I wonder what Pat Patriots thoughts are on the Texans. Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he has other things on his mind...

[url]http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/12/pat-patriot-amo.html[/url]

'Pat Patriot' among 14 arrested in R.I. prostitution sting
    6:14 PM Fri, Dec 11, 2009 | Permalink
    By News staff Email this author | Email this entry

A man who plays "Pat Patriot," mascot for the New England Patriots, is one of those charged in the prostitution sting that Rhode Island State Police announced Friday.

One of those charged was 47-year-old Robert Sormanti of Warwick. A query to the Patriots about his status with the team brought this response:

"The Patriot mascot costume is worn by multiple people, all are held responsible for their actions. The individual in question has been suspended."

Sormanti could not be reached for comment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3429828]Maybe I'm not understanding this, help me if I'm wrong. The JETS use his image to promote a new stadium. An image that pays him nothing. He takes his own time to be a part of this and in the end is lied to like the rest of us. There were other options than Manhattan that were never explored. He is upset by this. Now he shouldnt go to games or be a fan anymore?...........

What makes him a fraud? He is a proud JETS fan that doesnt take a penny for the T SHirts sold in his image. ALL the money goes to families of widowed firemen.

Yeah, what a jerk...............[/QUOTE]

i agree...we were all disappointed by the NEW YORK jets passing up on the opportunity to actually play in NEW YORK...with that being said most fans arent going to turn their back on the franchise and no longer be friends, just another disappointing outcome from the jets just this time it was off the field...

hopefully 40-50 years from now when we do this all again ownership will get it right and actually come to NY

the team made the 1st mistake by leaving shea for jersey, they should have kept the stadium in NY and created their own identity...the doors were open for the JETS to take center stage in the big apple as the giants had just moved to jersey a few years back...instead of creating their own identity and being the only true NY team based in NY they followed the giants to jersey and played in "giants stadium" since

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3429844]It seems to me that as soon as I started seeing photos of SAr with cheerleaders and Woody, he became an unabashed shill for Woody and PSL's.

I'm sure Ed is flawed, as he IS human, but the guys that waste time bashing him here reveal more about themselves than shedding any negative light on Ed.

Either way, the SAR persona is a master of puppets.:D

;)[/QUOTE]

LOL, master of puppets, classic, no doubt...................

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3429666]Grew up with Fireman Ed in the same neighborhood.

Although he is older than me I have nothing but positive memories about this guy throughout my life.

Later on he worked for my father in the firehouse and always had a nice thing to say about my dad.

He is just a good person and gets a bad rep from many uninformed fans.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;3429756]I understand the sentiments about the new stadium and I think what happened (or what didn't happen, I should say) stinks. But at some point, you either have to move on or become a fan of another team. Ed was very vocal about this failed cause. But it failed. Ed has moved on. Does that make him bad? Not in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=copernicus;3429828]Maybe I'm not understanding this, help me if I'm wrong. The JETS use his image to promote a new stadium. An image that pays him nothing. He takes his own time to be a part of this and in the end is lied to like the rest of us. There were other options than Manhattan that were never explored. He is upset by this. Now he shouldnt go to games or be a fan anymore?...........

What makes him a fraud? He is a proud JETS fan that doesnt take a penny for the T SHirts sold in his image. ALL the money goes to families of widowed firemen.

I still don't understand the vitriol some people have for this guy. He is a great fan and is a GREAT and respectful symbol for the face of Jet fans.

I've met him once, seems like a pretty decent guy and as a season ticket holder, he does a great job getting the crowd going.

A New York City fireman leading chants at a Jet game. What the hell is wrong with that? I, for one, like having him as our unofficial mascot, as it were.

I don't get the hate.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a fan when the team is good.

He disappears when the team is bad.

First, he was for the new stadium.

Next, he was against the new stadium.

Now, he's for the new stadium again.

He took the 2008 season off, pouting about Woody.

He's front-and-center in the 2009 season, basking in the glow of Ocho.

He's gone from a good guy/average fan to a pompous jerk, walking around as if he's J-Lo and Jets fans are his personal paparazzi.

His blue-collar beer-drinking demeanor may have represented the fans in 1985, but no more. He'll probably get laughed out of New Meadowlands Stadium by white collars paying $10,000 per PSL.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3429898]

I don't get the hate.[/QUOTE]

I met him on three separate occasions over the course of 10 years and each time the guy got more conceited and less "of the people". Combine that with the fact that he's a no-show when he needs to pout about Woody and the team needs him the most and its clear that he's not a diehard fan but rather a publicity seeking opportunist.

People take Beningo to the woodshed and let Firefraud off the hook. Unbelievable.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey, whatever. this isn't about fireman ed as much as espn reaching to drum up some stupid pregame hype bits. pretty bad when players start calling out fans and then the fans start speaking for the jets. oh well i guess that's just the fandom price that is paid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3429923]I met him on three separate occasions over the course of 10 years and each time [B]the guy got more conceited [/B]and less "of the people". Combine that with the fact that he's a no-show when he needs to pout about Woody and the team needs him the most and its clear that he's not a diehard fan but rather a publicity seeking opportunist.

People take Beningo to the woodshed and let Firefraud off the hook. Unbelievable.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Ok, this made me chuckle. :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the firefraud gets paid quite well for the use of his image. Free seats in the lower level and free seats in the new place starting next season. He also gets comped on road game getaways. My only beef is when they had to pay him additional funds in cash for his video appearances, he quickly kicked his brother under the bus and took all the money for himself

but as far as what he gets, he does as well or better than other mascots like Mr Met and the Philly Phanatic do but not as well as the San Diego Chicken did

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429758]Ed got his free PSL seats for the new place

[/QUOTE]

Really? Link?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3429939]Ok, this made me chuckle. :P[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I like SAR, but boy....pot meet kettle on that one!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3429696]Did you read his quote on Friday, about how he's looking forward to cheering the Jets on "in our new stadium"? Yeah, after he tried to crush Woody for not "keeping promises". What a guy. What a great, great guy.

Stop sticking up for Firefraud.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Big deal. Ed is a Jets fan from New York, who wanted to see this Jets franchise in New York like crazy, just like all of us New Yorkers. He was upset that the Jets had to stay in Jersey, just like most of us NY Jet fans but when it was all said and done...He's now excited that the Jets will be playing in a state of the art stadium thats no longer called "Giants Stadium"; just like the rest of us.

Fireman Ed is a die hard Jets fan, this man bleeds green, he brings life and energy into the stadium... If only more Jet fans were like Fireman Ed, the Meadowlands would be hell for any team to play in. As a fan, Fireman Ed brings his A game each and every week.

Unlike ALOT of other Jet fans at the stadium... Who piss and moan for 4 quarters strong, drink 10+ beers like the nasty, sloppy drunks they are...Followed by either showing up to the game during the middle of the 2nd Q or leaving the game during the end of the 3rd Q.

Any Jets fan that has something "against" fireman Ed is either A) Jealous of his fame as a Jets fan or B) One negative Nancy because this man has been nothing but great for our fan base.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    FACT

he only brings his A game when the cameras for the jumbotron are on him. That is generally when they are in commercial and it has no impact at all. If it happens to be when the Jets are on offense and he should be quiet, it makes no difference. Cameras rolling, Ed cheering, cameras off, Ed sitting on his hands

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429978]FACT

he only brings his A game when the cameras for the jumbotron are on him. That is generally when they are in commercial and it has no impact at all. If it happens to be when the Jets are on offense and he should be quiet, it makes no difference. Cameras rolling, Ed cheering, cameras off, Ed sitting on his hands[/QUOTE]

I don't know him and have no judgement on him, but this is absolutely true. Everytime we're at the game and he's on the jumbotron, he's doing his little cheer...even when we're on offense!! What the hells up with that?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless Fireman Ed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3429970]LOL.

I like SAR, but boy....pot meet kettle on that one![/QUOTE]

I did not think the irony would be lost on you :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3429920]He's a fan when the team is good.

He disappears when the team is bad.

First, he was for the new stadium.

Next, he was against the new stadium.

Now, he's for the new stadium again.

He took the 2008 season off, pouting about Woody.

He's front-and-center in the 2009 season, basking in the glow of Ocho.

He's gone from a good guy/average fan to a pompous jerk, walking around as if he's J-Lo and Jets fans are his personal paparazzi.

His blue-collar beer-drinking demeanor may have represented the fans in 1985, but no more. He'll probably get laughed out of New Meadowlands Stadium by white collars paying $10,000 per PSL.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Sorry I dont see him that way. The guy has been nothing but kind to me and my family. He also had major knee surgery that kept him from walking and attending gains I have seen him in action in the past at the stadium and always seems to have time for anyone that wants to talk. You are right though, he probably would get laughed at by someone that paid $10,000 per PSL. Doesnt seem to be his crowd...............

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3429853]Because most of the fanbase didn't either, so who would he have to lead in cheers? :D[/QUOTE]

Not a real excuse, we've always seemed to make it :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3430105]Not a real excuse, we've always seemed to make it :D[/QUOTE]

agreed...its' one thing to be a "loyal" Jets fan when the game mean something and the camera's on you....its' another thing to get you ass to games in December when the team is trying for its' 5th or 6th victory...

I'd respect the guy more had I seen him at games towards the end of the 2007, '95, '96. etc seasons...