Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed, Jets Ready for Ochocinco

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3429978]FACT

he only brings his A game when the cameras for the jumbotron are on him. That is generally when they are in commercial and it has no impact at all. If it happens to be [B]when the Jets are on offense and he should be quiet, it makes no difference.[/B] Cameras rolling, Ed cheering, cameras off, Ed sitting on his hands[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3429993]I don't know him and have no judgement on him, but this is absolutely true. Everytime we're at the game and he's on the jumbotron,[B] he's doing his little cheer...even when we're on offense[/B]!! What the hells up with that?[/QUOTE]

Ah...I think not.

I've only attended every home game since 2002, so maybe before that he led the chant during an offensive play--but since 2002 I don't recall him EVER leading the chant DURING an offensive play or when our QB has the team up at the line making calls. Mostly pre-kick-offs and on defense.

Bash him all you want (although I don't agree with you), but there is no need to make stuff up to bolster your distaste for him.

All League
    [B]Quote in 2008:
    "You won't see me in these seats (in the new stadium)," said Anzalone, 49, who retired last year from the city's fire department. "I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe I'll go upstairs. Maybe I'll fork over four grand for an end-zone seat. I love the Jets so much, maybe I'll get my tickets on Stub Hub.

"I just want to enjoy this year and next," he continued. "Maybe, with a little of God's luck, we'll win a championship. [U]If that happens, I'm moving on, bro[/U]."[/B]

So if The JETS win a championship, he's moving on?? If I didn't have a reason to cheer (and I certainly do), I would now.

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry

but the facts remain

only cheers when the camera is on him

screwed his own brother when he was offered cash to make promos

disappeared last year when things turned bad --- as he did in 1998 when the team started 1-7

as for his free seats.... just remember the above quote and then watch him right down there in lower sidelines seats next season performing for the cameras

Maybe he should wear a big football on his head under the firemans hat and call himself "Mr Jet"..... he'd be a better mascot IMO

a phony
    Last edited by sg3; 01-02-2010 at 04:13 PM.

All League
    A few months ago ED called Beningo on wfan and straightened out all the misrepresentations that many people posted above. He gets absolutely nothing from the jets, money wise or tickets wise. He also said for next year he is moving to the end zone because he can't afford the high priced PSL's and had to even dig and save for the ones in the endzone.

Until proven otherwise I have no reason to not take this man at his own word.

I don't write on this site often anymore, but I am sick and tired of people ripping on this guy for no good reason. I have seen him interact with fans in the parking lot before the games. He is great with kids and takes tons of photos and doesn't seem conceited at all. Enough is enough.

Go Jets.

All League
    I see no need for Fireman Ed.
    Enough is Enough.

Go Jets

Banned
    [QUOTE=CaptainVilma;3430129]A few months ago ED called Beningo on wfan and straightened out all the misrepresentations that many people posted above. He gets absolutely nothing from the jets, money wise or tickets wise. He also said for next year he is moving to the end zone because he can't afford the high priced PSL's and had to even dig and save for the ones in the endzone.

Until proven otherwise I have no reason to not take this man at his own word.

I don't write on this site often anymore, but I am sick and tired of people ripping on this guy for no good reason. I have seen him interact with fans in the parking lot before the games. He is great with kids and takes tons of photos and doesn't seem conceited at all. Enough is enough.

Go Jets.[/QUOTE]

Good post, 100% solid.

It's like, the Jet fan base could care less about the sorry ass drunks, who cant enjoy a Jets game 'without a beer', but yet...Some people in our fan base will go out of their way to A) Judge a die hard Jets fan such as Ed, B) Make lies up about this man so they can attempt to "Prove a point" and C) They seem to prove with each and every comment they make about Fireman Ed, how jealous of his Jets fan fame that they really are.

This man never became a fireman to "put out fires", he became a fire fighter to save people's lives. After the attacks of 911, people like Fireman Ed became hero's around New York/America.

Fireman Ed was a Fire Fighting Jets fan years before the attacks of 911 were committed on our Country...He's no "Fake" and he's no "Fraud". He's the PERFECT type of face for our Jets Fan base.

I guess it's true... Jet fans can complain and attack someone for anything and everything they do in life. Even if it's attacking someone with a good heart such as Fireman Ed. Jet fans that have a good attitude, still excited for this Jets team here in 2010 are "Homers", Jet fans who are negative 24/7 are "Realists" and die hard Jet fans such as Fireman Ed have become a "POS". Sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    nice encyclopedia

but almost as phony as firefraud ed is

[QUOTE=jetsfanri;3429865]I'm guessing he has other things on his mind...

[url]http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/12/pat-patriot-amo.html[/url]

'Pat Patriot' among 14 arrested in R.I. prostitution sting
    6:14 PM Fri, Dec 11, 2009 | Permalink
    By News staff Email this author | Email this entry

A man who plays "Pat Patriot," mascot for the New England Patriots, is one of those charged in the prostitution sting that Rhode Island State Police announced Friday.

One of those charged was 47-year-old Robert Sormanti of Warwick. A query to the Patriots about his status with the team brought this response:

"The Patriot mascot costume is worn by multiple people, all are held responsible for their actions. The individual in question has been suspended."

Sormanti could not be reached for comment.[/QUOTE]

Great retort. I don't think the Pats fans here are going to acknowledge it though. ;)

[QUOTE=JStokes;3429898]I still don't understand the vitriol some people have for this guy. He is a great fan and is a GREAT and respectful symbol for the face of Jet fans.

I've met him once, seems like a pretty decent guy and as a season ticket holder, he does a great job getting the crowd going.

A New York City fireman leading chants at a Jet game. What the hell is wrong with that? I, for one, like having him as our unofficial mascot, as it were.

I don't get the hate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks JSTokes, I dont get it either. Knowing him before he was "Fireman Ed" I can tell you that he was and is a good guy. Whenever he would see anyone form the old neighborhood at JETS games he would always have a kind word and time........

I have no issues with the guy.... thanks to him the crowd actually makes an attempt to get load once in awhile inside our own place..... I also committed to a $10,000 psl & i am far from "white collar". If there were more fans like him our stadium would be a more intimidating place for opponents to walk into.

I love him going back at ocho cinco by the way, f&#k that primadona....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;3430255]nice encyclopedia

but almost as phony as firefraud ed is[/QUOTE]

Enough, guy.

If being a season ticket holder means watching every other fan with an eagle eye towards who shows up and who doesnt...I'm glad I'm not.

Like I said before...he may not be perfect, but he owes nothing to anyone, even if he came to one game a year.

He's not a Jet, he's a fan. Until I see someone else galvanize that place into silence before the J-e-t-s chant....the criticism sound awful petty.

Veteran
    Its all nonsense , Ed is a good guy, Lets all get behind the team Sun nite and not care about the bullsh*t bashing of Ed which is uncalled for.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=SAR I;3429923]I met him on three separate occasions over the course of 10 years and each time the guy got more conceited and less "of the people".

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JStokes;3429939]Ok, this made me chuckle. :P[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3429970]LOL.

I like SAR, but boy....pot meet kettle on that one![/QUOTE]

Here's the difference:

I'm not pretending to be "of the people" and a blue collar lunchpail Jets fan. Firefraud Ed [I]is[/I]. I knowingly live a life of conceit; Mr. Fireman promotes himself as a life-saving all-around good-guy. And nothing could be farther from the truth.

You may not like some of the things I say, but at least I'm [I]honest[/I]. Firefraud is in it for [I]him[/I], out to make a buck off the backs of the drunken $10 an hour workers who believe his lies.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Madbacker57;3430374]I have no issues with the guy.... thanks to him the crowd actually makes an attempt to get load once in awhile inside our own place..... I also committed to a $10,000 psl & i am far from "white collar". If there were more fans like him our stadium would be a more intimidating place for opponents to walk into.

I love him going back at ocho cinco by the way, f&#k that primadona....[/QUOTE]

We need to be loud on 1,2,3rd and when they have the balls to go for it 4th down, starting when the QB walks up to center. That is it. The rest is fine and dandy, but the 12th mans job is to cause chaos for the QB, not yell during time outs, on Offense etc. it is of little value.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[B]DefenseWinsChampionships2 Big deal. Ed is a Jets fan from New York, who wanted to see this Jets franchise in New York like crazy, just like all of us New Yorkers. He was upset that the Jets had to stay in Jersey, just like most of us NY Jet fans but when it was all said and done...He's now excited that the Jets will be playing in a state of the art stadium thats no longer called "Giants Stadium"; just like the rest of us.[/B]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/images/anzalonesign.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Fireman Ed is a die hard Jets fan, this man bleeds green, he brings life and energy into the stadium... If only more Jet fans were like Fireman Ed, the Meadowlands would be hell for any team to play in. As a fan, Fireman Ed brings his A game each and every week.[/B]

Firefraud does not bring "life" to the stadium. When times are good, when the team is rolling and winning, sure, it's fun to chime in on his gay chant in similar fashion to picking #3 in the helmet race or whistling the PC Richards jingle. When things are bad, when the team is losing, Ed doesn't even bother to get up and try to get the fans engaged. He just leaves. That is, if he even bothered to show up to begin with.

[B]Any Jets fan that has something "against" fireman Ed is either A) Jealous of his fame as a Jets fan or B) One negative Nancy because this man has been nothing but great for our fan base.[/B]

Forgot one: C) Smart enough to see through his phony scam and is tired of being "represented" by a self-serving, blue collar low life. I'd rather have a mascot that doesn't look like a real person who entertains adults. Rather have a foam puppet-head that looks like a stuffed animal who entertains [I]kids[/I]. It's embarrassing. I wouldn't talk to someone like that at a barbecue and I don't need him representing me or my family.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-02-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430570]Here's the difference:

I'm not pretending to be "of the people" and a blue collar lunchpail Jets fan. Firefraud Ed [I]is[/I]. I knowingly live a life of conceit; Mr. Fireman promotes himself as a life-saving all-around good-guy. And nothing could be farther from the truth.

You may not like some of the things I say, but at least I'm [I]honest[/I]. Firefraud is in it for [I]him[/I], out to make a buck off the backs of the drunken $10 an hour workers who believe his lies.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Ed is a supplement, or should be, he is not the 12th man but that is where he should focus his energy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3430570]
    You may not like some of the things I say, but at least I'm [I]honest[/I]. [/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=sg3;3429978]FACT

he only brings his A game when the cameras for the jumbotron are on him. That is generally when they are in commercial and it has no impact at all. If it happens to be when the Jets are on offense and he should be quiet, it makes no difference. Cameras rolling, Ed cheering, cameras off, Ed sitting on his hands[/QUOTE]

+1.

And we should mention the poor fans who sit within 10 seats and 5 rows behind him whose view he constantly blocks. I sit right on top of him in 233 and I see what goes on. He stands in the aisle trying to get the attention of the camera crew 24/7, he stands up and poses for photos during plays, he bounces up/down the stairs like a little girl the whole game.

It's all about Firefraud. Doesn't give a rats ass about the fans.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=copernicus;3430102]Sorry I dont see him that way. The guy has been nothing but kind to me and my family. He also had major knee surgery that kept him from walking and attending gains I have seen him in action in the past at the stadium and always seems to have time for anyone that wants to talk. You are right though, [SIZE="4"]he probably would get laughed at by someone that paid $10,000 per PSL[/SIZE]. Doesnt seem to be his crowd...............[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://westsidestadium.org/content/newsarchives/mta32105freemanjoe.jpg[/IMG]

Please God, let Fireman Ed watch games at home and not bother to try the chant in the new stadium.

Where are those "Bring The Jets Back To New York" folks? I need to find out the name of their t-shirt supplier so I can organize the "Implode Firefraud In With Giants Stadium" campaign. Ed Anzalone is welcome in the New Stadium. He just needs to leave his mascot costume in the pile of smoldering rubble.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3430586][IMG]http://westsidestadium.org/content/newsarchives/mta32105freemanjoe.jpg[/IMG]

Please God, let Fireman Ed watch games at home and not bother to try the chant in the new stadium.

Where are those "Bring The Jets Back To New York" folks? I need to find out the name of their t-shirt supplier so I can organize the "Implode Firefraud In With Giants Stadium" campaign. Ed Anzalone is welcome in the New Stadium. He just needs to leave his mascot costume in the pile of smoldering rubble.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Sweet shirt.