Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD - ASS Darrelle Revis Highlight Video

BAD - ASS Darrelle Revis Highlight Video

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/video/1967[/url]

someone get this mother ****er on youtube!

Sick video. Revis is the man.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429682]Revis has a chance to go down in history as the best player in franchise history

He has a chance to surpass even Joe Willie :eek:, he is that talented and apparently that committed as well

IMO all he needs to do is stay relatively healthy and win a Super Bowl

If he does those two things, the smart money says he will become the consensus best player in Jets history

JMO[/QUOTE]

Interesting take Ham.

I love Revis as well, how could any JETS fan not, but best ever? wow

Thats a lot said from someone who has seen many players come through the door in Jets-land

All League
    MASTER LOCK ENABLED!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He has another 7 years or so, we will see.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    great video...revis is great we just need someone opposite him that we know can lock down the other side...

That guy is such a beast. "It's like there were 4 Darrelle Revis' out there"...

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429709]Having said that, I'm watching this guy blanket elite WR's like Ande Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens, etc .. in an era when all the rules changes have made that far more difficult than ever before.[/QUOTE]

I wont say he's better than Namath because in my opinion it can't get any better than that. But I will mention that it's even more impressive when you look at how different each of those receivers are. They all have such a different style and none of that matters, that's how good Revis is, he is better than the best people at their style of play. That's just crazy. I've never seen that before. He's the best CB I've ever watched and he's only been in the league 3 years. What luck we got getting him. That pick alone shows we aren't the same old Jets anymore.

All League
    [QUOTE=southside;3429796]I wont say he's better than Namath because in my opinion it can't get any better than that. But I will mention that it's even more impressive when you look at how different each of those receivers are. They all have such a different style and none of that matters, that's how good Revis is, he is better than the best people at their style of play. That's just crazy. I've never seen that before. He's the best CB I've ever watched and he's only been in the league 3 years. [B]What luck we got getting him. That pick alone shows we aren't the same old Jets anymore[/B].[/QUOTE]

i love hearing giants fans complain that we traded up and "stole" him from them...atta boy tanny

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429709]Yeah I don't say that lightly either, cop

I understand the magnitude of that statement, but this young man is the whole package .. big, strong and fast .. physcially he has it all, then you add "perfect" technique, great hips, terrific instincts, the ability to stop and start on a dime, getting up to full speed in two or three strides, excellent pedigree, football intelligence, and by all accounts a great work ethic, good character and a genuine passion for football with a strong desire to be "the best"

Having said that, I'm watching this guy blanket elite WR's like Ande Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens, etc .. in an era when all the rules changes have made that far more difficult than ever before, which is tantamount to[B][COLOR="Red"] Mariano Rivera[/COLOR][/B] dominating hitters during the steroids era, which makes what Revis is doing now more impressive than some of the past shutdown corners like Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, Mel Blount, etc

So barring injuries and with at least one championship under his belt so players like Namath and Maynard do not have that over him, I can definitely see Darrelle Revis becoming the third HOF'er in franchise history, joining Namath and Maynard, and even becoming the best of the three[/QUOTE]

GJH, funny how you choose Mariano Rivera as a comparison to Revis. He is fast becoming just as fearsome. I saw on the NFL Channel that they even had Reggie Wayne having a bad day against him. Yet on other venues including here, folks had Revis having a bad day against Wayne.

Having been a Jets fan myself since the 60's, I have seen many players come and go. I have yet to see any Jets player have the type of dominating performance as Revis for a single season.

Hall Of Fame
    Love the clip of TO just giving up on that one ball when Revis picks it, and the clip of Revis shoving him off his feet and out of bounds.

Considering how strong TO is suppose to be, what does that say about Revis' strength?

Hall Of Fame
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3haIfeGMN4[/url]

All Pro
    Great video although I wish they'd give us something better looking than this low-res sh*t.

Dude is just a stud, plain and simple. This guy can make the humblest of Jets fans puff out his chest a bit knowing that whatever team's #1 WR has not a chance at having a big day vs. Revis. I can watch that part showing him knocking TO on his ass over and over and over.

I really dig that Revis Pro Bowl Jersey :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3430052]I really dig that Revis Pro Bowl Jersey :yes:[/QUOTE]

Really?! BLECH, to me they get worse looking every year. There always seem to be some new pattern in addition to the old ones.

Now, aside from that, our boy in the Pro Bowl...THAT I dig. :yes:

spread your wings Mr. Revis.

[QUOTE=freestater;3429864][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3haIfeGMN4[/url][/QUOTE]

Free, that was cool :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3429848]i love hearing giants fans complain that we traded up and "stole" him from them...atta boy tanny[/QUOTE]

It's funny, my buddy who's a Giants fan was originally angry we traded up to get Revis, then resorted to claiming Aaron Ross was better.

He's not making those claims anymore.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3429709]Yeah I don't say that lightly either, cop

I understand the magnitude of that statement, but this young man is the whole package .. big, strong and fast .. physcially he has it all, then you add "perfect" technique, great hips, terrific instincts, the ability to stop and start on a dime, getting up to full speed in two or three strides, excellent pedigree, football intelligence, and by all accounts a great work ethic, good character and a genuine passion for football with a strong desire to be "the best"

Having said that, I'm watching this guy blanket elite WR's like Ande Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens, etc .. in an era when all the rules changes have made that far more difficult than ever before, which is tantamount to Mariano Rivera dominating hitters during the steroids era, which makes what Revis is doing now more impressive than some of the past shutdown corners like Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, Mel Blount, etc

So barring injuries and with at least one championship under his belt so players like Namath and Maynard do not have that over him, I can definitely see Darrelle Revis becoming the third HOF'er in franchise history, joining Namath and Maynard, and even becoming the best of the three[/QUOTE]

LOL, usually I think that your are not afraid of hyperbole, but in this case, 4-6 years down the road, I think you could be 100% correct. And I think your Mo caomparison is spot on. Well done Ham.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Austin;3430144]It's funny, my buddy who's a Giants fan was originally angry we traded up to get Revis, then resorted to claiming Aaron Ross was better.

He's not making those claims anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hehm I remember those claims in '07. Face-palm worthy.