Thread: 7 " . . . UNWORTHY . . . " teams ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

7 " . . . UNWORTHY . . . " teams ~ ~ ~

AFC wild-card contenders unworthy of berths
    By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
    Jan 1, 2010

> [url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface010110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/url]

Earn your way in, whining is for the Ravens.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Every team that was angling for the wildcard spots lost last week, with the exception of the Steelers. Any complaints about unworthiness of the Jets getting in can do the opposite of above me.

The Jets better win, that's all I have to say :yes:

If the Jets win, they deserve to be in. And then they will be in. Why? Because as our system is set up, your record is important, and based upon record and tiebreakers, you are among the six best in your conference.

If the Jets lose, they deserve to be excluded from the playoffs. And that's exactly what will happen should they lose.

Anyone who watched the Jets this year knows that some losses were well within reach and some wins were unexpected. It all balances out in the end. Win and you're in. Lose and you'll wait for the draft. Simple as that.

Who ever makes it, makes it. All the whining and crying is useless because the losers are still going home so "shut up and take it like a man" :)

Maybe the

Dolphins
    Ravens
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Broncos all could have won last week, and then it wouldn't matter.

All I have to say is, WE WIN, AND WE'RE IN.

Bewildered Beast
    Damn Kelly...I thought you were saying that 7" = unworthy.

Damn size queens.

All Pro
    So if Jets and Ravens win, and end at 9-7, the Bengals with their "runaway" 10-6 record are deserving of the postseason, but the Jets & Ravens at 9-7 are not? Pass the salt ...

Hall Of Fame
    All teams with seven losses have issues. What part of this is surprising? Perhaps not which is the most worthy but rather which of them is the least warty?

Rookie
    I don't really buy some parts of this article. I'm glad the author basically told the Steelers and their fans to stop crying, but hasn't the NFL been praised for many years due to its parity. Does not 7 teams fighting for two spots with dozens upon dozens of scenarios still possible define parity?

[QUOTE=JamesR;3430710]So if Jets and Ravens win, and end at 9-7, the Bengals with their "runaway" 10-6 record are deserving of the postseason, but the Jets & Ravens at 9-7 are not? Pass the salt ...[/QUOTE]

I love the "this team lost x number of close games, and could easily have a first round bye", but all the other 7-8 and 8-7 teams didn't lose any close games I guess.

Hall Of Fame
    Any 9-7 team could be, and probably will be one and done but some teams fit the profile of teams which could do greater damage than their records would indicate. One such kind of team is the kind that the Cardinals were last year. A team that can post a big number on almost anyone and if only their defense would stiffen just a little bit...

The other kind of team which has the chance to do damage is a team with a shut down defense and where the offense has been turning the ball over during the entire year. All they need is the defense to continue doing it's job and a little improvement in ball security...

We really can be a dangerous out for anyone.

The Steelers do not fit the profile. The offense isn't Arizona great and the defense is pretty darned porous.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3430504]Damn Kelly...I thought you were saying that 7" = unworthy.

Damn size queens.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how this beauty has been overlooked.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3430504]Damn Kelly...I thought you were saying that 7" = unworthy.

Damn size queens.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.songyoonity.com/uploaded_images/27354-765260.jpg[/IMG]