Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first home game

Veteran

My first home game

Tomorrow night's game will be my first ever home game. Words cannot describe how excited I am. See you all there!

PS- I've seen the Jets play in person twice: against the Bears in Champaign and against the Rams in St. Louis. Here's to a Jets win!

Practice Squad
    quite an epic occasion for your first game! hope the team steps up - should be an awesome night. can't wait.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3430354]Tomorrow night's game will be my first ever home game. Words cannot describe how excited I am. See you all there!

PS- I've seen the Jets play in person twice: against the Bears in Champaign and against the Rams in St. Louis. Here's to a Jets win![/QUOTE]

Good stuff, enjoy Bro, you're in for a good time! :D

BTW, I LOVE Chicago...what a great place to party balls for 2 days straight not knowing a soul, lose your debit card, be late for your work training class not once but twice and freeze your ass off with a smile on your face. Can't wait to go back. :yes:

[QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3430354]Tomorrow night's game will be my first ever home game. Words cannot describe how excited I am. See you all there!

PS- I've seen the Jets play in person twice: against the Bears in Champaign and against the Rams in St. Louis. Here's to a Jets win![/QUOTE]

Great for you IJF. Enjoy the games and your good karma will help bring home the win

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3430359]Good stuff, enjoy Bro, you're in for a good time! :D

BTW, I LOVE Chicago...what a great place to party balls for 2 days straight not knowing a soul, lose your debit card, be late for your work training class not once but twice and freeze your ass off with a smile on your face. Can't wait to go back. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I spent New Years in Chicago, it was exactly as you described. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

That's Phukin Great, that gets me amped.....so does this! Safe Travel! IJF!!!![url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYMiEU0vKIM[/url]

This is my first home game that i'm actually going to be at as well. Saw them once in Landover,MD vs the Redskins. Im pumped up, i'm expecting big things tomorrow night.

Jets Insider VIP
    dress warm, folks and get ready for a great time. Hopefully the place will be roaring with a full house of real Jet fans

All Pro
    dang! you got it good. just make sure you dress warm! two
    layers of clothing nuff stuff to keep your feet warm. and oh!
    sneak a flask of henny with you..knaaahhmean!:D

It is going to be a sick game. Don't listen to the fat old losers behind you tell you to sit down for cheering your team on

Undrafted Free Agent

That is so cool have a blast. Being a fan in Iowa I keep telling my wife I am going to a home game maybe next year

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3430807]It is going to be a sick game. Don't listen to the fat old losers behind you tell you to sit down for cheering your team on[/QUOTE]

What's the best way to deal with guys moaning??

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MaliciousPenguin;3430894]What's the best way to deal with guys moaning??[/QUOTE]

Ignore them. Don't argue with them. Focus on the game.

For all of you attending for the first time, the most important thing you can do is DRESS WARM. If you think you have enough layers on, you're wrong. It's going to be windy and colder than you have ever thought you can be. Wrap yourself up like the kid in A Christmas Story.

Veteran
    Thanks guys. Is the 16H tailgate still around, or did it already cease operations?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3430946]Thanks guys. Is the 16H tailgate still around, or did it already cease operations?[/QUOTE]
    unfortunately that is gone, tonight would have been a perfect game for that show...

dress warm, I dropped $200 at EMS yesterday for longjohns hand warmers, hats, and other assorted keep warm stuff for my son and I :D

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3430955]unfortunately that is gone, tonight would have been a perfect game for that show...

dress warm, I dropped $200 at EMS yesterday for longjohns hand warmers, hats, and other assorted keep warm stuff for my son and I :D[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Is there any other tailgate where JI members congregate? It would be fun to match handles with faces.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3430992]Bummer. Is there any other tailgate where JI members congregate? It would be fun to match handles with faces.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206402[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3430992]Bummer. Is there any other tailgate where JI members congregate? It would be fun to match handles with faces.[/QUOTE]
    not sure...Sooth may know of a group that won his tailgate contest last year, I have not been there though.

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3430955]
    dress warm, I dropped $200 at EMS yesterday[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you...This is the type of weather that causes pneumonia.

I would love to be at the game for what could be the last game ever played @ the old Giants Stadium, but I just have a feeling that it's going to be much more comfortable down here in my FLorida living room.

With all that said, I would trade my living room for a ticket to the game in a split second. To the Jet fans going to this game: Enjoy it. It's going to be something special, something that you'll never forget. In 30+ years from now...When looking at old film from the Meadowlands, you all can say "I was at the last game ever played in that crazy stadium".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431029]I don't blame you...This is the type of weather that causes pneumonia.

I would love to be at the game for what could be the last game ever played @ the old Giants Stadium, but I just have a feeling that it's going to be much more comfortable down here in my FLorida living room.

With all that said, I would trade my living room for a ticket to the game in a split second. To the Jet fans going to this game: Enjoy it. It's going to be something special, something that you'll never forget. In 30+ years from now...When looking at old film from the Meadowlands, you all can say "I was at the last game ever played in that crazy stadium".[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly how I feel about it, especially for my son and nephew. I remember games at Shea, and they will be able to tell their kids years from now about the last game at the Meadowlands...a game that put the team in the playoffs and started a long standing playoff tradition! :cool: