Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

AFC Wildcard Game - Looks Like Jets 4:30pm Saturday

The AFC Wildcard Games are scheduled for the following networks/times:
    [B]
    NBC Saturday, 4:30pm or 8:30pm

CBS Sunday, 4:30pm[/B]

If things play out the way they should, two ways to look at it:

Either NBC screams bloody murder that they need to get stuck with Jets/Bengals two weeks in a row and we're moved to CBS on Sunday

-or-

CBS puts its foot down and says that having the Patriots as the late Sunday game is better for its ratings and the NFL as a whole and NBC will make us the early game instead.

So it looks like Jets/Bengals would be the 4pm game on Saturday giving Marvin Lewis even more rationale to bench everyone, seeing that its a short week [I]and [/I]he's got a late game against the same opponent, too.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-03-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm hoping it's on Sunday. If they play at 4:30 Saturday, and lose, the night's gonna be ruined for me.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3430684]I'm hoping it's on Sunday. If they play at 4:30 Saturday, and lose, the night's gonna be ruined for me.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so.

Arizona is a west coast team, meaning that their contest with the Packers a no brainer for the Saturday 4:30 slot.

Since Fox has the Sunday 1:00 slot, that would be the Cowboys/Vikings game which is more attractive than Arizona/Green Bay.

Ravens/Patriots and Cowboys/Vikings would be a great Sunday.

Jets/Bengals and Packers/Cardinals would be a weak Saturday.

SAR I

ummmmmmmm, don't we have to win first? I ain't saying ... I'm just saying ...

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3430688]ummmmmmmm, don't we have to win first? I ain't saying ... I'm just saying ...[/QUOTE]

im with you bro i dont know wat all these threads are about because if we lose there wil be suicide threads instead of this tuff everyone please chill out and let us play and see what happens there is no guarantees for anything...

I think the games on Saturday are 4:30 and 8pm. Not 1 and 4:30.

[QUOTE=cornjulio21;3430694]I think the games on Saturday are 4:30 and 8pm. Not 1 and 4:30.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is correct. NBC Saturday is 4:30 and 8pm.

The Sunday games are most likely FOX 1pm and CBS 4:30pm.

It says most likely on the websites, so if this schedule sticks and the day plays out how I hope/expect, I predict:

Saturday
    4:30pm- Green Bay at Arizona- pretty much has to be Saturday because it won't be a FOX 1pm game
    8pm- Baltimore at New England- best TV matchup besides Dallas

Sunday
    1pm- Dallas at Minnesota or Philadelphia at Dallas- FOX
    4:30pm- Jets at Bengals- CBS

Jets will play early.

I say:

Sat:

GB @ Az 4:30 NBC NFL Network Scrubs
    Ravens @ Pats with Al Michaels/Coillingsworth

Sun:

Jets @ Bengals CBS 1PM
    Philly @ Dallas or Dallas @ Minny Fox 4:30PM

If the Cards somehow get the bye, then I think the Jets are for sure Sat early.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430687]Don't think so.

Arizona is a west coast team, meaning that their contest with the Packers a no brainer for the Saturday 4:30 slot.

Since Fox has the Sunday 1:00 slot, that would be the Cowboys/Vikings game which is more attractive than Arizona/Green Bay.

Ravens/Patriots and Cowboys/Vikings would be a great Sunday.

Jets/Bengals and Packers/Cardinals would be a weak Saturday.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cornjulio21;3430697]Jets will play early.

I say:

Sat:

Sun:

Jets @ Bengals CBS 1PM
    Philly @ Dallas or Dallas @ Minny Fox 4:30PM

If the Cards somehow get the bye, then I think the Jets are for sure Sat early.[/QUOTE]

Hope so. I've got tickets for the Cardinals home playoff game and DO NOT want it on the same day as the Jets or else I'll probably get rid of the tix.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3430698]Hope so. I've got tickets for the Cardinals home playoff game and DO NOT want it on the same day as the Jets or else I'll probably get rid of the tix.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get your hopes up. CBS will want Pats/Ravens while FOX will want Eagles/Cowboys. Bengals/Jets (if it happens) and Packers/Cardinals will be on Saturday.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=cornjulio21;3430697]Jets will play early.

I say:

Sat:

Sun:

[B]Jets @ Bengals CBS 1PM
    Philly @ Dallas or Dallas @ Minny Fox 4:30PM[/B]

If the Cards somehow get the bye, then I think the Jets are for sure Sat early.[/QUOTE]

You are correct about Saturday NBC being 4pm and 8pm (sorry about that) but incorrect about the Sunday games which have FOX at 1pm and CBS at 4pm.

And because the best matchup of the bunch is Cowboys/Vikings that'll be Saturday at 8pm, which will make the Ravens/Pats the Sunday 4pm (next best slot, CBS's only game) and thus push the Jets/Bengals to Saturday 4pm (worst slot, not CBS's first choice). This also gives the Romo/Favre contest the big New York audience which will be its lead-in.

So.....

NBC 4pm Saturday - Jets/Bengals
    NBC 8pm Saturday - Cowboys/Vikings
    FOX 1pm Sunday - Packers/Cardinals
    CBS 4pm Sunday - Ravens/Patriots

But, but but.....if the rule is that CBS and FOX pick their games first and NBC gets the leftovers, make that.....

NBC 8pm Saturday - Packers/Cardinals
    FOX 1pm Sunday - Cowboys/Vikings

And before you ask, NBC won't waste its 8pm slot on back-to-back Jets/Bengals contests. Cardinals are last years Super Bowl runner's up and the Packers are the Packers.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Austin;3430704]I wouldn't get your hopes up. CBS will want Pats/Ravens while FOX will want Eagles/Cowboys. Bengals/Jets (if it happens) and Packers/Cardinals will be on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

CBS and FOX don't just automatically get their first choice. I don't know how the selection process works. But looking at past seasons, I assume the NFL schedules it with a big matchup each day. For instance, last season:

Saturday
    4:30 Falcons at Cards
    8:00 Colts at Chargers

Sunday
    1:00 Ravens at Dolphins
    4:30 Eagles at Vikings (I think)

NBC is a stakeholder too, so the NFL will give them at least one of the "better" matchups (i.e. bigger ratings powerhouses). So, expect NBC to get either Dallas or New England (most likely New England bc of the way the schedule with FOX and CBS works out).

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=BlueDevilJet29;3430706]CBS and FOX don't just automatically get their first choice. I don't know how the selection process works. But looking at past seasons, I assume the NFL schedules it with a big matchup each day. For instance, last season:

Saturday

Sunday

NBC is a stakeholder too, so the NFL will give them at least one of the "better" matchups (i.e. bigger ratings powerhouses). So, expect NBC to get either Dallas or New England (most likely New England bc of the way the schedule with FOX and CBS works out).[/QUOTE]

Good point. And I'll bet that it's an every-other-year thing, so if last year NBC 'stole' the Colts/Chargers game from CBS that this year they can't, so they'll steal Cowboys/Vikings from FOX.

No matter how you slice it, Jets/Bengals will be the first wildcard game. 4pm Saturday.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3430705]

So.....

NBC 8pm Saturday - Cowboys/Vikings
    FOX 1pm Sunday - Packers/Cardinals

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The only problem with this...is Arizona really gonna have to play a home playoff game at 1 EST? I just don't see that happening at all. And since FOX is slotted for the 1pm Sunday, it would mean Cowboys/Vikings is its only option.

I also don't see the NFL giving NBC both Jets/Bengals and Arizona, so I think the Jets end up on CBS on Sunday at 4.

This all goes out the window if things are changed up and FOX ends up with the Sunday 4pm slot. In that case, Arizona is on Sunday and I agree the Jets would definitely be Saturday at 4.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3430679]The AFC Wildcard Games are scheduled for the following networks/times:
    [B]
    NBC Saturday, 4:30pm or 8:30pm

CBS Sunday, 4:30pm[/B]

If things play out the way they should, two ways to look at it:

[B]Either NBC screams bloody murder that they need to get stuck with Jets/Bengals two weeks in a row and we're moved to CBS on Sunday[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

We get no respect...............

Banned
    I could care less about the Jets playing on Saturday or Sunday, 1:00, 4:00, or any other date or time for that matter...

I just wanna see this Jets team play during the playoffs; thats all I care about.

All League
    when do the jets play if we lose?? you think we will open the 2010 season on the road or at home???

[QUOTE=BlueDevilJet29;3430706]CBS and FOX don't just automatically get their first choice. I don't know how the selection process works. But looking at past seasons, I assume the NFL schedules it with a big matchup each day. For instance, last season:

Saturday

Sunday

NBC is a stakeholder too, so the NFL will give them at least one of the "better" matchups (i.e. bigger ratings powerhouses). So, expect NBC to get either Dallas or New England (most likely New England bc of the way the schedule with FOX and CBS works out).[/QUOTE]

This is correct. The networks don't have choice, it will be about ratings. I would love to be the first Saturday game, but Sunday is still in play. The 1PM game is going to be lightest viewed game, but putting the Jets/Bengals in there will lock down numbers in an area of the country where many people aren't going to be outside.