Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big statement from OchoCinco on Revis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of film, I hope the scrappy-ass Jets have done their homework and wake up and start playing like a true playoff contender, not the bottom-rung first round casualty everyone sees them as.

Just once I'd like to see Rex and Shoddy have them prepared for a big game.

Disciplined and focused. With a solid plan. Without the talk. Just ONCE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny bastard!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsNOW!;3431017]Speaking of film, I hope the scrappy-ass Jets have done their homework and wake up and start playing like a true playoff contender, not the bottom-rung first round casualty everyone sees them as.

Just once I'd like to see Rex and Shoddy have them prepared for a big game.

Disciplined and focused. With a solid plan. Without the talk. Just ONCE.[/QUOTE]

Was Week 1 not a big game (career firsts for our head coach, QB)? Was Week 2 not being referred to as "our Super Bowl" by Jets players? Did the Jets not win a do-or-die game on the road last week (say what you want about the Colts taking out their starters, but cmon, we've seen this team lose to a bunch of rookies getting their first NFL action before, like 2007 Week 4 @ Buffalo)

The team has had a solid plan in just about every game this year, you can't put all the blame on the "plan" for Sanchez throwing four-five picks and the defense giving up a lead-changing TD with under a minute to go in the game three separate times.

Additionally, who is doing the talking this week? Not the Jets, that's for sure. The talking is coming out of who else, Ocho! Love Ocho, he puts fun back into the league, but again, the Jets aren't talking, he is.

To change your quote a little: Just once I'd like to see Jets fans give credit where credit is due, JUST ONCE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew if anyone responded to my post it would be with some kind of weenie-hole rebuttal. FFS here goes:

[QUOTE=unchartedm0nkey;3431055]Was Week 1 not a big game (career firsts for our head coach, QB)?[/QUOTE]

Week One against a non-divisional team would've been the most excusable loss had we lost. It was not a major high-pressure game, given the factors you mentioned, and so many other unknowns.

[QUOTE]Was Week 2 not being referred to as "our Super Bowl" by Jets players?[/QUOTE]

Jets played many "Super Bowls" this season. Yeah, we prepared for NE alright - can't forget the 12th man phone message tactics, and the "blueprint" to stopping Brady we splooged about to the media prior to kickoff. That was a week of rampant trash talkin'. What's your point again?

[QUOTE]Did the Jets not win a do-or-die game on the road last week (say what you want about the Colts taking out their starters, but cmon, [b]we've seen this team lose to a bunch of rookies getting their first NFL action before, like 2007 Week 4 @ Buffalo)[/b][/QUOTE]

Our composure against Indy was impressive. However, we were trailing and the real test was incomplete. And thanks for proving my point again with Buffalo. Sure you're not arguing for the sake of arguing?

[QUOTE]The team has had a solid plan in just about every game this year, you can't put all the blame on the "plan" for Sanchez throwing four-five picks and the defense giving up a lead-changing TD with under a minute to go in the game three separate times.[/QUOTE]

Solid plan? That's solid horsesh!t. The picks and the D's blown stops were caused by a lack of focus and discipline. My point exactly.

[QUOTE]Additionally, who is doing the talking this week? Not the Jets, that's for sure. The talking is coming out of who else, Ocho! Love Ocho, he puts fun back into the league, but again, the Jets aren't talking, he is.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they were, but that's great news. Smart approach by Rex. Good start, now let's see the Jets put the remaining pieces together in a HUGE game.

Just ONCE.