Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO the bengals won't rest their starters at all?

SO the bengals won't rest their starters at all?

Glazer said they won't rest their starters. That the bengals are playing to win so they can have some momentum going into the playoffs. So we are going to have them all out there for the whole game. Should be an even better game now.. Go jets

[QUOTE=crayc;3431054]Glazer said they won't rest their starters. That the bengals are playing to win so they can have some momentum going into the playoffs. So we are going to have them all out there for the whole game. Should be an even better game now.. Go jets[/QUOTE]

really? The head coach himself said that everyone who dresses will play. Starters will be in for a quarter... maybe 3 series. That is all. The Bengals would very much like to remain healthy when hosting the Jets next week. They would rather not face the Steelers, Ravens or Broncos.

Banned
    yea, in 9 degree weather facing the #1 defense in football on the road in a meaningless game. They're resting their starters. Glazer is an idiot

besides, do you think they want to let Pittsburgh in? They want to f*ck them over again

Veteran
    Seriously? Everything I have heard this week points to a lot of backups.

All League
    Glazer is normally accurate

All League
    Jets are 10 point favorites tonight. We wouldn't be 10 point favorites against the Bengals starters. Listen to Vegas, not Glazer.

No way does Palmer play past the first half. Marvin Lewis is 0-1 in the posts eason with a back up QB. Palmer's injury prone and don't think Rex doesn't realize that either. The Jets are going to try and get as many hits on Palmer as they can.

Banned
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3431070]Glazer is normally accurate[/QUOTE]

If the Patriots lose today, which I really hope they do lose, the Bengals could then be playing to win this game so they could have the 3rd seed instead of the 4th seed with a loss today.

The 3rd seed would have a much better chance of hosting an AFC Championship game than the 4th seed heading into the playoffs. As the 3rd seed...You get 1 home game, 1 road game, and if the #1 and #2 seeds get knocked out, you have a 2nd home game before the SB.

if the Pats lose...I could see the Bengals playing to win the game. Other than that, I cant see this Bengals team playing to win. Not today. Not against this Defense.

I really don't care if they rest their starters or not in this game. If the Jets losse to the Bengals at home after so many chances they don't belong in the post season.

Glazer was running down all the teams who was resting their starters. every other team that needed to rest starters, he said minimal playing time, but it came to bengals he said they will all be in all game.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3431132]I really don't care if they rest their starters or not in this game. If the Jets losse to the Bengals at home after so many chances they don't belong in the post season.[/QUOTE]

yep that is how i see it pretty much.

[QUOTE=crayc;3431144]Glazer was running down all the teams who was resting their starters. every other team that needed to rest starters, he said minimal playing time, but it came to bengals he said they will all be in all game.[/QUOTE]

we'll see. I think not.

Veteran
    It's hard to imagine that the Welker injury won't at least factor in to their decision.

I cant believe it has come to this. Fans worrying if the Bengals Starters are playing the game. To me That this is how pathetic it has gotten that fans dont think that the Jets are capable of winning without help from the opposing team. To Me if the Jets cant beat the Bengals they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. I want a team that can go far into the playoffs if the Jets are not capable then I dont want them there. Im sick of 1 and done mentalility that has flooded jetland over the last decade.

Hall Of Fame
    I can't believe they will play their starters for the whole game.

Oh well, at least if the Jets can make the playoffs, people can't say they backed in.

And if they do beat the Bengals' starters, that's a pretty big mental advantage going into the playoff game.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;3431206]I cant believe it has come to this. Fans worrying if the Bengals Starters are playing the game. To me That this is how pathetic it has gotten that fans dont think that the Jets are capable of winning without help from the opposing team. To Me if the Jets cant beat the Bengals they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. I want a team that can go far into the playoffs if the Jets are not capable then I dont want them there. Im sick of 1 and done mentalility that has flooded jetland over the last decade.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about. We all want the Jets to win tonight, desperately. It's to our advanatge if the 'Nati sits players. That's all. Off the ledge, crazy. ;)

All League
    Well pats took out Cindy...looks like they're laying down to the Texans and 1st play they fumble and TD for Texans. Looks like Bengals can play for #3 seed...

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm sure Marvin Lewis will re-think this decision(if Glazer is correct) after he sees all of the injuries today. He may get nervous. Now Welker goes down, and Pat White from the Dolphins looks to be seriously injured. Pats are up and may win....not worth it.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FPAGS;3431434]I'm sure Marvin Lewis will re-think this decision(if Glazer is correct) after he sees all of the injuries today. He may get nervous. Now Welker goes down, and Pat White from the Dolphins looks to be seriously injured. Pats are up and may win....not worth it.[/QUOTE]

What did Glazer say about the Pats cause Brady has played most of the game.

All League
    [QUOTE=FPAGS;3431434]I'm sure Marvin Lewis will re-think this decision(if Glazer is correct) after he sees all of the injuries today. He may get nervous. Now Welker goes down, and Pat White from the Dolphins looks to be seriously injured. Pats are up and may win....not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Along with Chad Henne and Vontae Davis. Pats up 27-13 pathetic showing by the Texans.

Bengals have no reason to start their players their whole game but if they really want to, be my guest. If we can't beat 'em full strength or not we don't deserve that playoff spot.