Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, so who to root for today?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, so who to root for today?

As much as it pains me to say, I need to pull for the Pats over the Texans, correct? This ensures that the Bengals have nothing to play for right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3431061]As much as it pains me to say, I need to pull for the Pats over the Texans, correct? This ensures that the Bengals have nothing to play for right?[/QUOTE]

I really don't think being the number 3 seed will help either the Pats or Bengals. That's why I don't think any game matters today. Go Texans!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans just went right down the field on the Pats.

Houston - 7
    New Eng - 0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3431077]Texans just went right down the field on the Pats.

Houston - 7
    New Eng - 0[/QUOTE]

Yep, Schaub is a stud. The ATL Falcons fans were right all along (although Kubiak has a lot to do with it), Schaub should have been the QB here.

EDIT - TO got CRUSHED by Bethea!!! WOW :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt the #3 seed will be all that meaningful to the Bengals, but there is a chance that it could. Therefore I'm rooting for the Pats... It's not like it really matters to the Pats if they win. It gives them a match-up with the hottest team in the league, San Diego, if they get to the second round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rep;3431083]I doubt the #3 seed will be all that meaningful to the Bengals, but there is a chance that it could. Therefore I'm rooting for the Pats... It's not like it really matters to the Pats if they win. It gives them a match-up with the hottest team in the league, San Diego, if they get to the second round.[/QUOTE]

I agree, hate to do it but GO PATS!!! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3431085]I agree, hate to do it but GO PATS!!! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Annnnnnnnd they'll probably lose just to piss us off! the one friggin time we'd like to see them win. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I know 3 vs 4 isn't a huge deal, but if the goal is to maximize the odds of the Bengals resting players to maximize the odds of the Jets winning, then I'm rooting for the Pats today. Tomorrow, I will make sure I urinate on a photo of Tom Brady or something to compensate, but for today, go Pats!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker's down :eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll never root for the Patriots...Not in a situation like this. I could care less if the Bengals play their starters this week or not...I'm pulling for the Texans today. Last week, yeah, we needed the Pats...Today? No way.

Nothing would be better than watching the Pats back into the playoffs after getting blown out by the Texans, who are on the verge of exposing their "secondary" or lack there of worse than the Saints did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, Welker is DONE. I hate to see that, no lie and no Pats/Jets rivalry sh*t, that's awful to see. :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3431091]Welker's down :eek:[/QUOTE]

Oh well.

Welker is the type of Patriots X-Factor that Leon has been for the Jets over the years.

Who cares, I could care less if he stays down.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3431094]WOW, Welker is DONE. I hate to see that, no lie and no Pats/Jets rivalry sh*t, that's awful to see. :([/QUOTE]

Who cares about a Jets/Pats AFC Championship game? Not me. I hope to god the Jets win tonight and next week followed by a Patriots loss during the 1st round of the playoffs.

The Patriots trolls around here would have NOTHING to say anymore; nothing.

I'm pulling for the 6th seed of the playoffs as well as the Jets as the 5th seed with a W tonight during round 1's and 2. I want that AFC Championship game @ HOME!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any elaboration on this? I'm a little lost. Are steelers and Phins playin for a spot? Or do both need help?

dc

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431103]Who cares, I could care less if he stays down.[/QUOTE]

WOW, Bro, just WOW. That is a SH*T thing to say. I just lost a lotta respect for you, I really did. :steamin:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dcronin;3431133]Any elaboration on this? I'm a little lost. Are steelers and Phins playin for a spot? Or do both need help?

dc[/QUOTE]

Both need a lot of help - the Dolphins need a miracle!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker may very well have just torn his ACL in this MEANINGLESS game. He is arguably their second most valuable player. Makes Caldwell's decision a little more understandable now, doesn't it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3431136]WOW, Bro, just WOW. That is a SH*T thing to say. I just lost a lotta respect for you, I really did. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

It's too easy to get caught up in hatred of a specific team or teams. This was probably just a kneejerk reaction by the novelist.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3431154]It's too easy to get caught up in hatred of a specific team or teams. This was probably just a kneejerk reaction by the novelist.[/QUOTE]

I know, but it's just a lame and a sh*tty way for a human being to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On another topic, Vikes are taking it to the Gints. How sad! :D