Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Welker Out With Leg Injury, torn ACL & MCL (Merged x 3)

Sucks for the Pats, i can't believe they would start him, specially with the injury problems hes had this year.

All League
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3431099]...and that's why you don't play your starters with nothing on the line.

You watching Goodell?[/QUOTE]

This should defuse the whole "integrity of the game" discussions which have been going on.

That looks bad, he is probably the one player that gave New England hope for any run in the post season.

Hate to see injuries.

Veteran
    Just brutal. He might not see the field again until December of next year. It sure looked like a torn ACL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3431121]But Mike Francessa said that you MUST play your starters :huh:[/QUOTE]

No, Mike Franchesca says you must finish all the food on your plate. Slight difference. :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just throwing this out there....

Kris Jenkins walks off the field.....out for the season.
    Demarcus Ware carted off for Cowboys....plays next week.

I agree that it looks bad for Welker, but unless you're Dr. Moga :D , please don't make any dire diagnosis!

Banned
    That could have happened on any play in any game. He didn't get hit. Most players WANT to play because it's what they do. Pulling Brady after he gets a rythm is fine, but it's a team sport.

Banned
    The Jets losing Leon Washington for the season was just as big, if not a tougher loss than the Patriots losing Wes Welker. I could care less how many yards and catches Welker has this season...The Patriots still have a HOF QB in Brady and a HOF WR in Randy Moss.

Patriot fans will now know what it feels like, to lose a player such as Leon Washington or Kris Jenkins for the season here in 09-Oh 10.

The Jets have shown that we can win without our most talented/productive player in Leon Washington with a rookie freaking QB...Lets see if the Pats can do the same with a HOF QB and WR...Something tells me they cant and wont.

... think the general NFL world will ease up a bit on Jim Caldwell now?

If Marvin Lewis is sitting in the Sheraton Meadowlands watching Welker get carted off and, in all liklelihood, done for the year, he has to be pondering pulling his starters even ealriler than originally planned

For those of you who don't have this game - it was a non-contact injury. Knee gave out trying to make a cut. Didn't look real bad initially, but he's sure acting like his year is over.

Bellichick is looking for a rock to slither under.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3431127]That looks bad, he is probably the one player that gave New England hope for any run in the post season.

Hate to see injuries.[/QUOTE]

Pure BS on your part.:yes:

All Pro
    I'm saying it right here, right now...any Jets fan that revels in Welker's injury is a straight up DOUCHEBAG. You never wanna see anything like this happen. Regardless of some bullsh*t Jets/Pats rivalry, this dude is probably the best slot WR in the history of the game. I felt for him on the sideline, I really did. :(

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3431142]For those of you who don't have this game - it was a non-contact injury. Knee gave out trying to make a cut. [B]Didn't look real bad initially[/B], but he's sure acting like his year is over.

Bellichick is looking for a rock to slither under.[/QUOTE]

It looked REAL bad on the replay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

From a personal standpoint, I hope the guy is OK and that it doesn't affect his career.

From a Jets fan standpoint, SUCK ON IT Pats fans. Karma is a beotch, and after your endless spamgarbage this week about the Colts/Jets, Karma just bit your sorry azzes BIG.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431138]The Jets losing Leon Washington for the season was just as big, if not a tougher loss than the Patriots losing Wes Welker. I could care less how many yards and catches Welker has this season...The Patriots still have a HOF QB in Brady and a HOF WR in Randy Moss.

Patriot fans will now know what it feels like, to lose a player such as Leon Washington or Kris Jenkins for the season here in 09-Oh 10.

The Jets have shown that we can win without our most talented/productive player in Leon Washington with a rookie freaking QB...[B]Lets see if the Pats can do the same with a HOF QB [/B]and WR...Something tells me they cant and wont.[/QUote]
    Did the Pats go 11-5 without Brady or was that just my imagination?

I really don't see it as a big a deal as everyone else. Even with Welker the Pats had NO SHOT at beating Indy or San Diego. No SHOT!!!:yes:

Dude is clearly out for the year...

He was crying and was carted off. ACL at least. Perhaps more.

This is why you don't play your starters when the games matter. There is too much to lose. No matter what, the Pats simply cannot win the super bowl without Welker.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am truly sorry to hear about the apparently serious knee injury to Wes Welker

My sincere wishes for a quick recovery, guy

That really sucks, I hope he'll be OK. It did not look good, they put him on the cart.

I can't imagine him playing next week. That's a big blow to their playoff chances. This could really change the playoff landscape. It could change matchups all over the place.