Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Welker Out With Leg Injury, torn ACL & MCL (Merged x 3)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3431137]That could have happened on any play in any game.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why you sit him in the one game that doesn't mean anything.

Let's see what the reaction is to this. Caldwell almost got burned in effigy last week for resting his starters, so will we see BB get lauded for sacrificing Welker for the "integrity of the game"? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think you should play your starters and take the risk.

Anyways, this is a huge loss for the Patsies. With Brady playing like crap for most of the season, they were already pretty much done, but this might be the nail in the coffin.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431138]The Jets losing Leon Washington for the season was just as big, if not a tougher loss than the Patriots losing Wes Welker. I could care less how many yards and catches Welker has this season...The Patriots still have a HOF QB in Brady and a HOF WR in Randy Moss.

Patriot fans will now know what it feels like, to lose a player such as Leon Washington or Kris Jenkins for the season here in 09-Oh 10.

The Jets have shown that we can win without our most talented/productive player in Leon Washington with a rookie freaking QB...Lets see if the Pats can do the same with a HOF QB and WR...Something tells me they cant and wont.[/QUOTE]

Welker is the difference maker in that offense and he matters just as much as Leon did to us and probably more so.

The Patriots showed last year that they could win without that HOF QB. An injury is no reason to beat your chest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Belichick mind games. Welker will be listed as "probable" next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3431148]I'm saying it right here, right now...any Jets fan that revels in Welker's injury is a straight up DOUCHEBAG. You never wanna see anything like this happen. Regardless of some bullsh*t Jets/Pats rivalry, this dude is probably the best slot WR in the history of the game. I felt for him on the sideline, I really did. :([/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this. But almost everyone that has posted is with you also. Just a few bad eggs in the lot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3431137]That could have happened on any play in any game. He didn't get hit. Most players WANT to play because it's what they do. Pulling Brady after he gets a rythm is fine, but it's a team sport.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Mitch is hiding

Too funny

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker's the one player on NE that I respect. Sucks for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    stop it ray

we are all saddened by this injury to welker and to any other patriot who might get injured before this game is over

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;3431098]That is why you rest guys. Remember Vinnie and the achilles. Nobody touched him. You never know when that is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but that was the first game of the season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431138]The Jets losing Leon Washington for the season was just as big, if not a tougher loss than the Patriots losing Wes Welker. I could care less how many yards and catches Welker has this season...The Patriots still have a HOF QB in Brady and a HOF WR in Randy Moss.

Patriot fans will now know what it feels like, to lose a player such as Leon Washington or Kris Jenkins for the season here in 09-Oh 10.

The Jets have shown that we can win without our most talented/productive player in Leon Washington with a rookie freaking QB...Lets see if the Pats can do the same with a HOF QB and WR...Something tells me they cant and wont.[/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble but, just to remind you, Pats lost their HOF QB last year and went 11-5 with a backup.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3431153]From a personal standpoint, I hope the guy is OK and that it doesn't affect his career.

From a Jets fan standpoint, SUCK ON IT Pats fans. Karma is a beotch, and after your endless spamgarbage this week about the Colts/Jets, Karma just bit your sorry azzes BIG.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3431175]Hate to burst your bubble but, just to remind you, Pats lost their HOF QB last year and went 11-5 with a backup.[/QUOTE]

+1 Some people don't think before they post.. I feel bad for Welker he's like Chrebet with more speed..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yeah, the Pats never have seen a star player go down and win without him. Imagine if Brady went down in the first game of the season. If that ever happened, could you see them winning like 11 games with a back up? Especially if the back up hadn't started a game since high school.

Shouldn't you wait until the Jets finish above .500 before you talk? The Pats won 11 games last year without Brady and he was a bigger loss than Jenkins and Washington combined.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3431175]Hate to burst your bubble but, just to remind you, Pats lost their HOF QB last year and went 11-5 with a backup.[/QUOTE]

The Pats made the playoffs last year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

And the best they can do this year with him back is get the same record and Welker has been their best player this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lighten up Francises, dude blew out his knee. He's not dead or crippled for life. It happens all the time and is the reality of the game.

Just because someone is excited that it might hurt the Pats in the playoffs and says so doesn't mean they really wish him dead or anything.

These guys are out there trying to hurt each other every single play, and you all suddenly act like because he might have blown out his knee we need a moment of silence and can't talk trash anymore. \

I don't advocate cheering when a player is hurt, but all you "saints"out there scolding others for doing it are good entertainment

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough loss. Even though the guy shredded the Jets like Cheddar this past game, hate to see a loss like that going into the post season. I always like to see full strength, powerhouse playoff football, and this is a BIG loss for the Pats.

So is there really NO WAY for a 1st round matchup with the Pats? DARN!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This sucks...I wonder if all the "experts" will now take a different view towards what transpired last week with the Jets.

The NFL is about championships and if you are in the tourney what good can come of risking your best players in a meaningless game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3431167]I'm with you on this. But almost everyone that has posted is with you also. Just a few bad eggs in the lot.[/QUOTE]

:yes: :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431138][B][SIZE="5"]The Jets losing Leon Washington for the season was just as big, if not a tougher loss than the Patriots losing Wes Welker.[/SIZE][/B] I could care less how many yards and catches Welker has this season...The Patriots still have a HOF QB in Brady and a HOF WR in Randy Moss.

Totally disagree. Welker is the key to the Patriots offense IMO. There's a HUGE difference in how you defend that team when he's not there. Perfect example is how the Jets played them the first time versus the second. Night and day. With the exception of Brady, Wes Welker's the most important player on the NE Patriots.